Forum

TF2 IS NOW FREE TO PLAY

Created 24th June 2011 @ 08:00

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

stvv

WUL

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

but seriously now, is this a good or bad thing for Tf2? ;x

also
http://teamfortress.com/freetoplay/
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/06/23/valve-team-fortress-2-to-be-free-to-play.aspx

Darn

rockit like

Its a good thing for comp players imo. How to capitalise on this?

stvv

WUL

i can see it bringing people from other games to try it and possibly get into the competitive scene, but i also see MORE HATS ALL THE TIME X_X, and stupid weps, no one can forget the stupid weps!

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Darn

Run another Highlander cup with a focus on pub community? It’s probably the easiest way to get people intrested in comp tf2.

triobot

inv >

Quoted from Darn

suggest other competitive players from other games (CSS) to play scout and soli and take over your slot at LAN :P

Darn

rockit like

ETF2L should hurry with a new season, preferably vanilla ofc. Then organize few broadcasted showmatches, spread fragmovie links.. make huds/tweaks available for everyone etc.. Got drinkin to do so too busy myself. Hopefully someone makes the initiatitiveiitiveitve. and and and also make a pickup channel for the new players.

Last edited by Darn,

FIR

SnG

Asian servers are already starting to get populated by aimbotters. met 3 of those fags today. sooner or later they’re gonna hit eu servers.

vani

Bully

I like this

Darn

rockit like

The publics I sometimes play are usually ran by a small community who has admins on the server all the time, thus I dont worry bout hackers. Doubt itll be a problem for comp… and thats the price you have to pay for 20k new players.

mosepose

WWCD
{o,o}

Current Players Peak Today Game

29,963 34,111 Team Fortress 2
22,909 61,350 Counter-Strike
15,809 63,774 Counter-Strike: Source
10,226 19,440 Terraria

Waebi

‹Con›

^fuck yeah :D

kaidus

WiK?

Mmm etf2l definitely needs to reconsider their summer stance in light of this imo. Perhaps negotiate with valve to try get some “in game prize” rather than trying to be super serious steelseries season 10 or something (ie. not another AFS), but either way some kind of valid opportunity for newcomers to play or see comp.

konr

Quoted from kaidus

Mmm etf2l definitely needs to reconsider their summer stance in light of this imo. Perhaps negotiate with valve to try get some “in game prize” rather than trying to be super serious steelseries season 10 or something (ie. not another AFS), but either way some kind of valid opportunity for newcomers to play or see comp.

I agree with this. More of a fun summer season rather than a serious mess of one.

cc//

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

LaMqTa

fenneks

Quoted from Darn

ETF2L should hurry with a new season, preferably vanilla ofc. Then organize few broadcasted showmatches, spread fragmovie links.. make huds/tweaks available for everyone etc.. Got drinkin to do so too busy myself. Hopefully someone makes the initiatitiveiitiveitve. and and and also make a pickup channel for the new players.

+1

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »