Forum

_Good_ TF2 Server Providers?

Created 24th May 2011 @ 18:59

Locked Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Alx

SNSD-jjang ♥

I’ve been through quite a few providers by now, and haven’t been happy with any of them.

Is there actually a single good provider out there except for hiperz (nearly double price of the rest)?

Multiplay – Ew
Gameservers.com – Cheap, pretty stable but bad fps etc.
Nice-Servers – Strange routing to NL servers for quite a few (not me), unstable GER servers (getting ddosed?) .

Last edited by Alx,

Waebi

‹Con›

there’s like 10 of these topics

t1gr3

DStM
DStS

gameplayservers.com

Fairly new but cheap! UK or France based, which doesn’t help if you want a dutch one!

rytis

PrettyGay

nervous energy!

Last edited by rytis,

Skyride

DUCS

nice-servers.com and hiperz are really the only solid providers these days. If you’re getting bad routing to nice-servers.com, the problem is on your end. Afaik, their NL servers are from a fairly reputable provider.

So ye, check out hiperz, if you’re still having problems with routing, it’s on your end.

Quoted from t1gr3

gameplayservers.com

Fairly new but cheap! UK or France based, which doesn’t help if you want a dutch one!

I’ve heard of these guys, and I’d be hesitant because they are so cheap. It simply isn’t profitable to sell good quality servers at that price. Although if i’m missing something, I’ll be happily proven wrong.

Last edited by Skyride,

t1gr3

DStM
DStS

on a side note, if your happy with the pings when playing on one of our servers add me and i can sort something out for you!

Martn

Hiperz i can confirm is solid.
I also heard Clanhost.nl is good.

Quoted from Alx

Nice-Servers – Getting ddosed. Strange routing to NL servers, unstable GER servers.

Hi,

1) As far as I know hiperz and we (nice-servers.com) are the only GSPs who have implemented a working firewall to avoid some kinds of ddos attacks. This was done by a lot of work of Arie and me.

2) If you have a “strange” routing to our NL servers it would be nice to send use a tracerroute. On windows just paste the output of the command “tracert ip-address” or preferably use the application “WinMTR”.

3) I just got the information some minutes ago that there were lags on our servers which looked “unstable” or “ddosed”. In the past 4 weeks we didn’t get a single support ticket complaining about unstable servers. We are always trying to offer good and stable servers but you’ve to inform us if you’re not satisfied with some services.

After a short review the cpu usage, system load and network bandwidth looks pretty normal and the lags are also mentioned on a lot other game servers so it looks like a typical Valve issue which is hopefully and normally fixed within a short time.

Last edited by Ronny,

psunfragga

cc//

Would like nice servers crack clan server fixed please, been too busy to drop you a ticket of an issue many people are experiencing with the servers. Mentioned this to Huhy who on your website is meant to admin TF2 servers but hes been honest and said he cant deal with this issue, looks like its only you who is contactable regarding this.

Last edited by psunfragga,

Played on a nice-servers yesterday, it was laggy as hell. Absolutely terrible for everyone on the server, we had to change to ours. I’m not experiencing any problem at all with my servers so I’m not that sure this one is on Valve :p

electro

Got Milk?

got my server from gkserver.de

loc germany

never had problems with the server or the service

Septique

We’ve had lots of trouble with our server as psun already said. It starts to lag first and after a while the server just dies.

Alx

SNSD-jjang ♥

Quoted from Septique

We’ve had lots of trouble with our server as psun already said. It starts to lag first and after a while the server just dies.

Exactly the same problem here. So, we’re unable to use it.

Sorry for not dropping you a ticket Ronny. The NL server seemed to be fine, but after we switched to GER recently (there were some unhappy about the nl routing, not me) the problems started.

trams

-><-

We have a server from http://www.dream-servers.co.uk/ seems good so far.

Lynx have had problems with almost every other .uk servers we tried, but this works fine.

Trane

Pretty happy with our INX server.

Locked Pages: 1 2 3 Next »