Forum

Recommended interp for high ping scout

Created 30th April 2011 @ 18:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Quoted from Cooler

inb4 d1ck j0nes: “omfg chris u fuckin retarded nolife and other dudes get good@computers &rl your knowledge is equal to 0”

my sentiments exactly

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from gryzor

First off, it doesn’t matter if you are comming from CS1.6 or starting out in TF2, everyone knows the engine sets the limit, in TF2s case, the server will cap cl_ur and cl_cr to 66, hence introducing NO OVERHEAD WHAT SO EVER. _OVERHEAD_ is _EXTRA_ data and it is IMPOSSIBLE for any such data to occur, due to client and server negotiating the rate and KEEPING to that rate on connect. Hence, it will ALWAYS be 66 in TF2s case and NOTHING ELSE.

Some of us have actually benched it. Unlike some people who have nothing to show for their work except for evident psychological issues…

Last edited by octochris,

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

Help the OP out or shut it please. :)

Quoted from Imouto

I’ve been playing with 130-150 ping for quite some time now and hit most of my shots with .033. However, I’m not sure if that’s optimal for my ping. Is there any guideline I should follow for adjusting it?

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Tried all interps over the years. For me, I notice no different at all with hit reg when using a hitscan weapon, reguardless of what setting I use.

At most, there might be a delay between when I hit, and when the game tells me I hit, but the shots always seem to be the same.

The thing that makes me miss is either my aim, or my opponents connection.

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Some of us have actually benched it. Unlike some people who have nothing to show for their work except for evident psychological issues…

yet what he wrote was correct and helpful

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

I play at 160ms to 200ms

cl_cmdrate “101”
cl_interp “0.0152”
cl_interp_ratio “1”
cl_lagcompensation “1”
cl_pred_optimize “2”
cl_smooth “0”
cl_smoothtime “0.01”
cl_updaterate “101”
rate “100000”

out of interest I find flick shots don’t register like they would on lower ping, so you’ll need to try and adjust your game and try to track more. Worst thing for me is the hitbox warping when touching the enemy, really forces me to play in a totally different way, but there doesn’t appear to be any settings to lessen this problem

Last edited by Fragga,

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

just noticed this team I’m in, that’s hilarious hahahaha

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from d1ck j0nes

[…]
yet what he wrote was correct and helpful

2/10

Quoted from octochris

[…]

2/10

still evading the fact that you were wrong.

then again the valve employee who wrote the wiki page for this (which you clearly have not read) might be a lying bast

Quoted from Crasp

Help the OP out or shut it please. :)
[…]

right, i’m out

Last edited by d1ck j0nes,

octochris

(0v0)

if only you could read.

Imouto

Quoted from Fragga

I play at 160ms to 200ms

cl_cmdrate “101”
cl_interp “0.0152”
cl_interp_ratio “1”
cl_lagcompensation “1”
cl_pred_optimize “2”
cl_smooth “0”
cl_smoothtime “0.01”
cl_updaterate “101”
rate “100000”

out of interest I find flick shots don’t register like they would on lower ping, so you’ll need to try and adjust your game and try to track more. Worst thing for me is the hitbox warping when touching the enemy, really forces me to play in a totally different way, but there doesn’t appear to be any settings to lessen this problem

Thanks a lot. I’ll try these out and report back.

Sketch

MM

i almost was starting to enjoy the quiet.

josku

Quoted from Fragga

just noticed this team I’m in, that’s hilarious hahahaha

show up tonite for your trialing…accept me on ur friendlist…cu on mumble
LOL

Imouto

These settings are perfect. Thanks fragga.

Anyone else soulsearching for good high ping rates should try them out.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from octochris

[…]

thank you, i needed a good post full of errors to make my day.

first off, TF2 is limited to 66 tick. you are introducing a needless overhead.

“cl_interp 0.01 OR 0.1 Your choice really”

lol at implying there is no difference.

and having stable 120fps will have absolutely FUCK ALL difference to the settings you just provided, since {cmd,update}rate are capped at 66.

say that again after you’ve played against him :p

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »