Forum

NUEL Uni Cup teams

Created 26th April 2011 @ 21:00

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

nuel josh

The interest we’ve had so far from TF2 has been great, so thanks for that! Unfortunately it hasn’t materialised into many sign ups so far, so we gather most of you like the ETF2L forums too much to post your interest on our site as well. To get things going we’re going to organise the teams in this thread first then you can go over to http://www.thenuel.com and register your teams.

We’ll keep an up to date list in this thread of the interested players from the etf2l forums and the gaming/computer societies we’re working with, we’ll link you to their forums and link them here. I’ve based the inital list off of our previous post http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-16435/?recent=296414

These people/uni’s are interested so far:

Hull – kaidus, SteveyJJ
Newcastl – Swarlz
Warwick – Tom Doherty, FuguFish
Nottingham Trent – biohazard, CommanderX
Surrey – croco, Willow
Manchester – Gibbz, KrimsonAer, Ash, SoniX
Southampton/Solent – tapley
Cardiff – Monkeh
Bristol – [½]³, Si^, Cheez, Gubbins + 2
Durham – Davib
Hertfordshire – dougiie
York – nova, Foster, fainT(a)
Worcester – lolage, caned
Plymouth – Lister, Black_Bob
Sheffield – DeadlyAvenger*
London Unis – byte, ilike2spin, kuma, DeadlyAvenger*
Cardiff – +5
Bath – +7

Updated @ 00:00 on 03/05

If you can post below:
* If you’re interested or still interestes
* Contact details (e.g. steam)
* How many extra players you’ve got

Once there’s 6 players and you’ve all got in touch with each other then go over to our http://register.thenuel.comregistration page[/url], create a team and get your players to sign up.

We’ll keep people up to date through our facebook and twitter pages too.

Post any questions or feel free to ask one of the NUEL guys in our IRC http://beta.thenuel.com/chat#nuel[/url] (quakenet).

And I’ve spelt your name right this time Willow :p

EDIT:

We’ve set up a couple practice servers for the teams that have signed up. Once you’ve registered at register.thenuel.com, we’ll email your team captail with the IP and password.

We still need a couple more teams to sign up to get this going, so ask around and try to get a couple more players for your univesrity. We’ve been in touch with these gaming societies:

*Bath
*Bristol
*York
*Warwick
*Cardiff
*Loughborough

If you go to any of those unis and wouldn’t mind joining up with the guys from the society then lets us know.

EDIT 2:

Team registration will close at midnight on Tuesday 3rd May, players will still be able to register to the registered teams until 5.30pm on Wednesday 4th May when the rosters will be locked.

We will only draw teams who we are confident in fielding enough players to take part, we will allow teams to take part with 5 players even though this is a 6v6 tournament.

So get in touch with each other and make sure you register a team before the deadline!

If you need any help then feel free to contact us on our IRC channel (#nuel on quakenet), email us ([email protected]) or post in our forums.

EDIT 3:

Unfortunately we’re going to have to cancel this tournament, we don’t feel that they’ll be enough solid teams to take part.

We need to work on the concept a little more and plan the tournaments out of exam time. We plan on running something else at the end of June/July time which we hope you’ll be interested in!

Thanks for your interest and the feedback you’re given us so far, if you have anything else to say about NUEL then let us know. Sorry to those who were looking forward to it.

Last edited by nuel josh,

Krimson

Can play medic for manchester

randa

nova doesnt go to uni.

lolage

TSPAG

add caned to worcester

SteveyJJ

CoWC

Add me for Hull

nuel josh

We’ve got practice servers up and running now for registered teams to train on.

As I’ve said in the edit, we still need a few more teams to enter and if you go to any of the universities where we’ve been working with the socities, then let us know.

Ash

cc//
cc//

Add me for manchester :P

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from randa

nova doesnt go to uni.

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

add me for york (maybe backup)

Last edited by FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD,

Si^

T2P
[PG]

do I need to join the COGS forums for Bristol? I have a few of you guys added give me a shout :)

Last edited by Si^,

Edd

T2P

why am i listed for york, im not there yet :p

nuel josh

Quoted from Edd

why am i listed for york, im not there yet :p

I don’t think we made this terribly clear. If you’ve got your offer for a uni next year, then you can play. You’ll be able to play when the proper leagues start anyway so there’s no reason to exclude you from these tournaments.

If you don’t want to play then I’ll take you off the list ;)

Last edited by nuel josh,

N/A

RaWr ::

this topic may aswell be renamed to “people who have never got laid” :)

ps: this is the ultimate “im a virgin advertisement”

Last edited by N/A,

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from nuel josh

[…]

I don’t think we made this terribly clear. If you’ve got your offer for a uni next year, then you can play. You’ll be able to play when the proper leagues start anyway so there’s no reason to exclude you from these tournaments.

If you don’t want to play then I’ll take you off the list ;)

It’s too bad he won’t get in though trololol

Edd

T2P

fair play ;p

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »