Forum

Finding a team?

Created 25th April 2011 @ 23:52

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

I got TF2 exactly two years ago. In the same week I found a pub where I played for the next 6 months almost daily. And then I just wanted to try 6v6, so I made a team so I can play nothing but Soldier since everyone always raged on the pub about me playing nothing but Soldier. I invited some random people from the same pub… and here we are… after year and a half later, most of us are still playing together and I am having a blast with my good friends while playing this awesome game. 8)

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

played on pub, joined the community team, proclaimed myself better than all those scrubs, got pro gamer friends, then ruined all the teams with rage and unreliability. yes, i amthat much of a badass

Tommeh

‹Con›

Fucking dendo

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

I ended up playing in monday night madness for my first team when one of their scouts didn’t show up. It was strange, I hung in mumble all the time yet refused to play any mixes or anything. Once I played in my first 6v6, there was no turning back…

I remember that all I heard from you was – ‘both scouts down’ and ‘medic down’ and I was happy.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Banana

Everyone else seems to have their story with playing pub with some people and finding a team this way.
It’s not so easy for me, I knew 100% nobody when I signed up to steam a week ago (maybe 2?) Now? I know about 5… :]

And making friends on lobbies is so hard. You can be as good on lobbies as you want, but you won’t make friends on there, no matter if you try to be as friendly guy as possible. And finding a team through lobby? I guess, GL, maybe you can do that which I have failed to do.

Sounds like you need a friend :D

Add me on steam I will try and help you.

medfoo

trick17

i wanna be you friend too!

add me.

I was part of a PS3 team, came to PC and joined a pub clan, got kicked out of it for being a cunt, made a proper team with a friend with a bunch of random pubbers we found, eventually folded, played in a pub a lot then got asked to join Con.

I like being one of those baddies who’ve tried to improve themselves from Div 6 – Div whatever.

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Been and still are in some Gaming Community, started playing competetively with some of them, didnt quite work out, since people were just bad, didnt put enough effort in it or wanted to stay low. Created my own team out of members of above named community, simply signed up for UKeSA, Wireplay and Enemy Down League, since we missed the ETF2L signup for Season 5. Did pretty good at ~Div4, so we signed up for Div4 in ETF2L Season 6 as well. Folded after 3 games due to lost interest/motivation from main players. Worked my way up from there on. :>

I played a lobby and met the love of my life <3 we are still happily together.

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

I played competitive natural selection and counter-strike 1.6 so I was naturally a competitive player, due to TF2 and natural-selection holding both movement and aim qualities I was quick to pick the game up in public where I spent a long time getting used to the mechanics.

Also, I came over from natural selection with a pretty much already built team where we decided that we wanted to switch to TF2 instead. I never played TFC, i simply saw a live finals of one of the first TF2 tournaments (xen vs coL?) on dustbowl!

Coco

[d¿s]

I remember about a bit more then a year ago I tried the same thing as you’re doing now, posting recruitment post as medic, trying to get into mixes etc. I played some with Brutallus from dwg back then, cause he was in my class, I even experienced Demsii’s rage cause I was terribad, but the major problem for me was that I couldn’t play very late.
Then I stopped playing because I didn’t get picked up, and after a few months I came back to TF2.
While playing on my regular pub server I heard something of this highlander challenge of ETF2L that was starting. Too bad we had three teams already which were all three full. I just kept on playing and got noticed as sniper by one of the 1st team. He gave his spot for me and so I got into my first team (even tho it was highlander). We had a lot of fun and we came quite further then I expected. During the highlander we often played some 6v6 mixes to kil the time when there weren’t enough people online for highlander.
When season 8 was starting in 6v6, some of our highlander team took the task upon them to try and form a team of ‘the best players’ of our three community highlander teams who were willing to participate in the 6v6 team.
At first I was playing scout with our new team (OCD), but since our 2nd solly backed out before playing more then 3 games or something, I had switched to soldier just to keep OCD going.
Now I’m still playing soldier for OCD, which has recently joined the DAKKA community.

Last edited by Coco,

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

Played World of Warcraft in a pretty good guild, it started dying towards the end of TBC and I saw on the forums a few people started playing TF2, went and played on public servers with them for a bit and after a couple of weeks I was told I was going to play comp medic for them, ahhh the days of holding mouse 1 for 6+ hours a day

Swarlz

It all started 3 years ago, when I was a younger and more beautiful Swarlz. My hair was golden and I stood a strong tall character – I looked something like this http://www.theholocaustexplained.org/public/cms/70/92/119/140/X7GWBi_web.bmp
I had recently heard about a new game coming out called portal, this funky new fresh HL2 game was going to be huage they said so I bought it, but in this orange box of glorious was this… game? TF2? WHAT IS THIS CRAP I WANTED PORTAL In anger I through the orange box at the wall. In tears I screamed
“WHERES MY PORTAL”
Looking again at the case in disappear I suddenly realised, it was on there.
Then I thought I’de give TF2 a shot I did and I was so pro I made my own team with my friends I then realised I was too good for them so I made another team with better people – I did this for around a year then realised I was actually pro so I made another team this time we were awesome we went through 3 different sponsors and now you have your very own loveable swarlz.
Who btw looks something like this
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/695000/images/_696434_zenawi150.jpg

Atkins

Velox.
TSPAG

My irl mates showed me tfc and i was instantly addicted. Played tfc like 8 hours a day on some American neotf public server before that I used to watch tv all day. When tf2 came out more of my irl mates got tf2 we then had 6 of us and found etf2l by watch all the fragvids and made a team called PuRe (some of you might remember us, bit of a troll reputation. We were young dumb and full of fun) my mates weren’t as addicted as me and when we dared one of our mates to use the aimbot we found in a league game and tf2 instagib. It was kinda the end of the team. So I made a recruitment post on here got picked up by chaplain and kept moving on from there but downwards.

Trailed for a div 6 team, instant success. Then i played some div 5, got tired of them, started a new div 6 team and hung around with them for like EVER. Couldnt play too much because of lagg. Now im in OS and hoping i wont fail too much with the lagg etc.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »