Forum

UK University TF2 Cup

Created 18th April 2011 @ 14:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »

byte

My past degrees were both in a London Uni ^.^ should be avail from 8th of may onwards. If needed. I know Iliketospin or something like that msged me last night o.O but i was afk!

Cheers

Byte

Swarlz

Quoted from byte

My past degrees were both in a London Uni ^.^ should be avail from 8th of may onwards. If needed. I know Iliketospin or something like that msged me last night o.O but i was afk!

Cheers

Byte

Byte, two, degrees.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Quoted from beta

[…]
Infact, there was one for registered internet cafes also, that died away!

Team clicknetic represent! We were so unbeatable ;p
It’s a shame as beta said, that these leagues never seem to work. Still, it’s always worth trying. Even if you get 10 more people to start playing tf2, and the people who are taking part are having fun, then there is no downside!

I’ll happily cast some games if needed as I love a bit of University banter!

The following map pool will be:
• pl_badwater – stopwatch
• pl_goldrush – stopwatch

fucking sweet

Lister

(=WDG=)
(=WDG=)

anyone at Plymouth?

if so I am interested.

_Ben

;?

Can represent both Oxford & Cambridge

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Quoted from Foster

York uni ripping this shit up.

Me and Foster have got this shit

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from _Ben

Can represent both Oxford & Cambridge

such a smart person, no wonder you are so good at medic

_Ben

;?

Quoted from Mike

[…]

such a smart person, no wonder you are so good at medic

much love mike <3

DeadlyAvenger

(=WDG=)

Alumni from University of Sheffield and current Student (and Staff-ish) at Kingston University. Registered on the site.

dougiie

CotC

just gonna throw this idea out there because I think it might help getting people into teams alot easier…

– try partner up with etf2l.
– etf2l make a new team section “university” – so same as national team or highlander etc…
– when people reply on the NUEL forums for a certain university, the team leader can add them to the roster here.

Just think would be cool and in a way, show the teams much easier than the current system of letting people try figure it out themselves…

also, cadred/vanilla article and steam forums?! You could be cheeky and get valve to post an announcement about it, then you’ll appeal to the wider pub community…

Black_Bob

[DA]

ex plymouth five years ago now :P not sure how long they allow you to go back so I doubt I will be able to play :(

Swarlz

Quoted from dougiie

just gonna throw this idea out there because I think it might help getting people into teams alot easier…

– etf2l make a new team section “university” – so same as national team or highlander etc…
– when people reply on the NUEL forums for a certain university, the team leader can add them to the roster here.

Just think would be cool and in a way, show the teams much easier than the current system of letting people try figure it out themselves…

also, cadred/vanilla article and steam forums?! You could be cheeky and get valve to post an announcement about it, then you’ll appeal to the wider pub community…

I agree,
try getting some kind of announcements on major news sites to help push it out thre. Think it would really help.

nuel josh

Quoted from dougiie

I understand where you’re coming from dougiie with partnering with etf2l but from our point of view it isn’t that practical in the long run for the concept of the NUEL. Granted the system at etf2l is a lot slicker and is tried and tested, but you need to give us time to develop our system because we’re only running a beta at the end of the day :)

We’re in this for the long run too, so if etf2l decided to pack up someday that would screw us over big time. I don’t think it will be a particularlly bad thing if another part of the tf2 community existed outside of etf2l, I think etf2l is a great instution for TF2 and our aim isn’t to take business away from it. Hopefully adding TF2 to a mix of other games will attract more attention from the wider eSports community and hopefully encourage more teams/players to come to etf2l.

I wouldn’t say we are just leaving people to sort out for themselves, we are trying to make it easier with things like our team/player search at our TF2 fourm http://beta.thenuel.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21 The admins will be doing their best to try and match make people who tell us which uni’s their from. If you have any other suggestions about this then let me know :)

Working on an article for vanilla and hopefully we can get something posted on there.

Jonesy

Going to Newcastle Uni in September, shame I cant play for this cup :(

Last edited by Jonesy,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »