Forum

UK University TF2 Cup

Created 18th April 2011 @ 14:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »

Ash

cc//
cc//

Quoted from GibbZ

please no. Ive seen manchester uni gaming soc playing tf2 on pub and oh god.

Oh god is an understatement!

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from GibbZ

please no. Ive seen manchester uni gaming soc playing tf2 on pub and oh god.

gief IP(s), wanna pub stomp.

Ash

cc//
cc//

130.88.149.86:27025

hans

I’ve always wondered why there is no e-sport alternative to university sports clubs.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Quoted from hans

I’ve always wondered why there is no e-sport alternative to university sports clubs.

Because of elitism.

nuel josh

Quoted from Willow

Christ no. A couple of my coursemates at Surrey play TF2 and I actually start raging when they talk about how they can just about rocket jump onto crates at Granary mid but don’t understand how people can jump up to spire from stone bridge on Badlands.

And another of them is in a different .:ne:. team, but they were desperate for a scout :p

I’m sure you’re going to flame me for this :)

Part of the reason we’re doing this is to get people interested in competitive TF2, it could help towards the whole esports going mainstream issue – I haven’t a clue if it will or not suggesting we haven’t even done one tournament yet!

So why not help the guys from the gaming soc get involved? Easy said than done I know, but you’ve probably got another team’s worth of players at Surrey who you could train to an extent. You’ll probably want to rage at them half of the time, but I assume (I can imagine me being mistake by this :p) that you were shit once?

TF2 scene is probably one of the best/active in UK (and probably) European eSports, if you don’t keep getting more people involved and there isn’t people there to train/help, then it’ll end up just like CSS eventually – dead with the few people left bitching at each other 24/7.

Willow

.:ne:.

Quoted from croco

Anyone from Surrey?)

*waves*

Nuel – I appreciate the time you put into that post. I spend a lot of time as it is helping other players who are coming into competitive TF2. Yes, it helps in general. Yes, it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Will this University initiative help? Yes, most likely. Would I put time in? Probably, yes. I just wouldn’t want to play with the few people I do know that play TF2 in RL. :p

EDIT: Since I’m coming to the end of my second year I should have probably looked at the Gaming soc here. Never really leaped out at me during Freshers fair as being interesting though.

EDIT2: Also I have notoriously bad internet connection in my accomodation this year so can’t actually play during term-time!

Last edited by Willow,

Swarlz

Quoted from nuel josh

[…]

I’m sure you’re going to flame me for this :)

Part of the reason we’re doing this is to get people interested in competitive TF2, it could help towards the whole esports going mainstream issue – I haven’t a clue if it will or not suggesting we haven’t even done one tournament yet!

So why not help the guys from the gaming soc get involved? Easy said than done I know, but you’ve probably got another team’s worth of players at Surrey who you could train to an extent. You’ll probably want to rage at them half of the time, but I assume (I can imagine me being mistake by this :p) that you were shit once?

TF2 scene is probably one of the best/active in UK (and probably) European eSports, if you don’t keep getting more people involved and there isn’t people there to train/help, then it’ll end up just like CSS eventually – dead with the few people left bitching at each other 24/7.

I completely agree – I’de jump at the gaming society, it’s just a shame Newcastle don’t have one.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Anyone from southampton/solent? o.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

I’m up for this if Man Met put a team forward. Just to smash em yo.

Last edited by GibbZ,

minimoose

Quoted from GibbZ

[…]

Speak to minimoose :p

That’d work if I went to UCL!

Monkeh

Are Alumni allowed? Go go Cardiff Uni team!

nuel josh

Quoted from Monkeh

Are Alumni allowed? Go go Cardiff Uni team!

Yep.

Just a word of warning to any other Alumni, there’s a restriction so only people with uni email addresses can register as a player. That’s going to be changed tomorrow so alumni can register too.

Swarlz

Going to blast some posters up tomorrow

Willow

Anywho, signed up on the forum. Will had a chat with croco about Surrey.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »