Forum

Weird lag

Created 1st April 2011 @ 13:27

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

chipstalaizah

KiH
mm.

So recently, the last 2-3 days I’ve encountered a really weird lag that only occurs in TF2. I just freeze up for 0.5 seconds at random times. It could be in the middle of a rollout, right in the middle of a launch, a push to last or whatever. Really bugs me out. The weirdest thing about it is what happens when it actually freeze up. Say it happens when I’m about to get killed, the rocket, sticky w/e, comes towards me, kills me, but on my screen I’m not actually really dead until 0.5 seconds after the actual explosion..

Hard to explain. What I’ve tried so far: reset my cfg, verified the files, rebooted and got a new ip from the router, reinstalled TF2.

System specs: i5-760 2.8 Ghz, HD6850 1GB DDR5, 8GB DDR3, 650W PSU, P7P55D-E LX

Dummy

Quoted from chipstalaizah

So recently, the last 2-3 days I’ve encountered a really weird lag that only occurs in TF2. I just freeze up for 0.5 seconds at random times. It could be in the middle of a rollout, right in the middle of a launch, a push to last or whatever. Really bugs me out. The weirdest thing about it is what happens when it actually freeze up. Say it happens when I’m about to get killed, the rocket, sticky w/e, comes towards me, kills me, but on my screen I’m not actually really dead until 0.5 seconds after the actual explosion..

Hard to explain. What I’ve tried so far: reset my cfg, verified the files, rebooted and got a new ip from the router, reinstalled TF2.

does it happen once per some time, or a long, e.g. 5 min period of warps?

chipstalaizah

KiH
mm.

Not really, it can happen twice in 5 minutes but I haven’t noticed a significant pattern yet. Sometimes its only once or twice per map.

At first I thought it was just another annoying ISP problem that would go away but since it’s only in TF2 as far as I’ve noticed it shouldn’t be.

quik

vs
Fe |

Quoted from chipstalaizah

same to me :/

FunKi

sisu

Happening to me too : /

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

I’ve been getting it a while too.
I don’t really mind until it happens when pushing last in an official

minimoose

yup same, probably something to do with the last update.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I had a similar problem ages ago. Going back to single core rendering solved it, a couple of patches later I could use multi core again.

Skully

Ive noticed this, would be interested in knowing the issue. Thankfully Ive had this at times that wouldnt of altered the result

WildEast

.:EnG!:.
<3

Are you all using ATI cards? Because this started happening to me after I installed the new 11.3 driver.

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from WildEast

Are you all using ATI cards? Because this started happening to me after I installed the new 11.3 driver.

Im using ATI and installed new drivers recently i belive o.O
And i got this wierd lag too

Last edited by TviQ,

Amr

.:EnG!:.
<3

i have this in addition to some Loss, and both just in tf2 :|

Sketch

MM

omg SAME HERE BITCHES!

helberg

Danmark
DANMARK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccmoToUgEpo

worked for me

chipstalaizah

KiH
mm.

Well, my problem has started to spread to other programs and games as well. Checked with my ISP and they stated that there is a cable break somewhere near here, which is apparently hard to fix at this time.

Funny how the problem wasn’t on their website until I made the call spite the fact that it’s been there for a few days.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »