Forum

WHy has m_pitch been cheat protected?

Created 6th March 2011 @ 01:29

Add A Reply Pages: 1

DarkSlayer

Its legal in quake games, why cheat protect it in tf2?

RareSpycrab

I wasnt going to type this but i feel i must.
This isn’t quake

LETIshNick

eehq

Maybe Valve thinks players might have some unfair advantage using different m_pitch. Just like fov_desired >90 :(

Last edited by LETIshNick,

pena

Quoted from LETIshNick

Maybe Valve thinks players might have some unfair advantage using different m_pitch. Just like fov_desired >90 :(

fov_desired>90 fucks up spies.

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from pena

[…]fov_desired>90 fucks up spies.

1600 x 480

gg spies

DarkSlayer

Quoted from RareSpycrab

I wasnt going to type this but i feel i must.
This isn’t quake

i know it isnt quake, i was using that example to show the command is legal elseware so cant be that bad (considering m_yaw is legal in tf2 as well…)

j210790_

It doesn’t matter. You can still use different yaw and pitch. You just need to do some calculations.

If you want lower pitch than yaw. Then you just up your m_yaw value a little bit and lower your sens.

For example, your sens is 15cm/360 and you want to use m_yaw 0.022 and m_pitch 0.018. So your sens is about 6.92.
Now you need to up your m_yaw to 0.026 and calculate your new sens. Which should be 5.85 (= ~15cm/360).

Use this to calculate your sens http://www.phoon.us/mouse/.

Qun

GoT<3

I had the same problem, but I was like cba and started using sens and took some time to adapt.

The reason it’s blocked in the source engine, is because of CSS. If you trigger this on your mouse1 while shooting in source, it gives lesser recoil. So it’s more like a cheat in CSS.
I posted this in TF2 Beta forums a year ago, but no response.

So better start using sens or indeed higher yaw and lower sens.

baerbel

trick17
trick17

you can probably change that in your mouse drivers if you really need it?!

Add A Reply Pages: 1