Forum

ping spikes?

Created 7th February 2011 @ 19:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

AnimaL

Quoted from Shifty

i dont have and never had any ping spikes, even though i am using win7
does it actually lower your ping if you disable it or does it only fix the spiking ?

its a bug fix… not some kind of magic ping decrease thingy

only affected on some rare hardware+software configuration

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

Thankyou so much! :)

Ok, it’s happening again, which makes me think it must be something to do with the time of day?

I sent a steam support ticket in, but I want to fix this within 2 weeks, so can anyone else help?

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

Ok, it’s happening again, which makes me think it must be something to do with the time of day?

I sent a steam support ticket in, but I want to fix this within 2 weeks, so can anyone else help?

Probably just depends on how many people on online in your area at a time. Don’t know the full details of that kind oof thing but I get 300 ping at peak hours.

AnimaL

Quoted from Daleth

[…]

Probably just depends on how many people on online in your area at a time. Don’t know the full details of that kind oof thing but I get 300 ping at peak hours.

just a bad isp if it only happens at spike hrs (18:00-23:00)

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]just a bad isp if it only happens at spike hrs (18:00-23:00)

people with the same ISP, living in the same road as me aren’t having any problems, so I don’t really understand :/

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from AnimaL

I usually start a bit later than that.

hehehe

(but more to the point – of course it’s mostly going to be around that time; thats when people play!)

Last edited by Spike Himself,

AnimaL

more like facebook and youtube time… gaming is just for silly ppl and it doesnt use much bandwidth anyway

alqaidagummy

i have the same problem. my ping spikes on to 160 on sunday and monday from 19:00-21:00 :D
dunno how to fix that shit.

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from AnimaL

nah my isp is fine, a BT engineer says it’s just cos our phone line is on the outside of the bunch so it gets bashed about a lot

AnimaL

Quoted from Daleth

[…]

nah my isp is fine, a BT engineer says it’s just cos our phone line is on the outside of the bunch so it gets bashed about a lot

sounds like an engineering problem

Koala

It’s prolly something similar to what windows7 does. Some unnecessary background scans and things like that, try to research for it :)

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Koala

It’s prolly something similar to what windows7 does. Some unnecessary background scans and things like that, try to research for it :)

lol at the idea of “background scans” causing ping spikes

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2