Forum

Fastlane capture/spawntimes

Created 8th January 2009 @ 22:42

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Ok the resupply cabinets change was needed +1 for that

When I said make the stairs at final tight up against the wall so splash damage would be effective I meant by that to reduce the width of the stairs also. What you’ve done is make the stairs wider thus making little difference. Narrow the stairs so that soldiers dont need direct hits, but keep it tight against the back wall.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Also at middle the tower is useless please can you lower the height down:

1. A height advantage is always a good thing for a soldier but too high is worse, its actually harder to hit the enemy, lowering the tower will help soldiers at middle point

2. Airshots on the tower are exceedingly hard because you see so little of the player before he lands on the top, if the tower was taken down 6 foot you’d see some real nice midairs on middle point

In fact you could make the medic/ammo huts on the left and right at middle have similar designs with a roof, thereby increasing the effectivness of soldiers at middle point, plus increase the chances of midairs (which everyone loves to watch)

stikky

[LOL]
[LOL]

LOL!
anymore proposal about improvement your play Fragga?

spence

¤_¤

all has been noted down fragga – me and dave played on our version with some of the mafia lads last nite to see what proposals they had. I will keep working on it tonight and will have some screenshots posted tonight (our version isnt the one uploaded atm) – we actually had it mentioned to try and let demos and sollys onto the buildings above the med packs last nite and i will try and sort it out tonight. i just feel sorry for scouts :D

/q spnce in the usual irc channels if you have any input.

xzr

happy to see ppl weren’t happy with just the changes that were NEEDED and are now just applying everything nifty here and there !=)

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Well as it stands atm, playing soldier at middle point means long range spam, and even when the enemy come close they’re usually at a point on the terrain where its extremely hard to hit the ground.

The map in general is badly designed for the soldier class, points 2/4 are perhaps the worst cap points I’ve ever seen (for attack), being elevated forces the soldier to either switch to shotgun or rocket jump onto the cap.

Maybe a good idea for 2/4 would be a small spire type rock(s) set just outside the door, near the valley (where the health pack hut is) so that soldiers can jump on top of it to gain some slight advantage over the defending team; this would also give the attacking team some cover when attacking through the valley.

St!kky, I pretty sure I’m not the only soldier who plays TF2

Jay

wMiC?

i play soldier… hurrah for me… I dont wish anyone to change the map according to what will help me own more as a solly tho, thats just silly…

After looking at cp_pro_spnce_fastlane_cool_jayrocks_b779_v2.5

i think it’a a wonderful idea to make the left and right roof tops (above health packs cp3) available to jump on, will make middle so much more exciting and open; it should also make soldiering more fun there too Mr.Fragga :)
EDIT: ABOVE SUGGESTION IS CRAP – TESTED AND WILL RUIN THE WHOLE WORLD :)

not going to mention the other obvious changes seeing as most of the thread is repeating itself. ;)

RaCio

GoT²

Respawn timer are the only thing that really needed adjustments.

And maybe a slight change on the last point so that defenders cant stand in their spawn while defending the last point. Moving the spawn doors to the sides of the spawn might do it.

Garm3n

SdX BLU
sdx

I think the best way is to add half circle glasswall around cap 1 like cp_well and cp_badlands. (If you know what i mean?) :)

Dave

Mafia
wMiC?

Yup, know what you mean though. Don’t think it needs it with the way we’re currently setting it out.

Jay

wMiC?

was allowed to see the map with the left and right roof available to jump up on…

after 2 seconds consideration.. bad idea… SCRATCH THAT sorry… :)

crz

T4F

“However, now that cp_pro_fastlane is being used, we’ll have to use a new name for the map. Any suggestions?”

In UT we were used to have «mapname»_LE maps which stands for League Edition

Norris

we used to have «mapname»_l in tfc.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5