Forum

Dear Div 4/5

Created 13th December 2010 @ 20:34

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 Next »

n00ne

Quoted from ooKami

This is gonna be a wall of text, so if you are one of the players from both sides, that couldn’t take this in a mature way, you can skip my post.

For everyone else : I started playing this game when i got blown out by this game on my Xbox360 (yeah, i was mainly a console player, mostly because i played beat ’em ups). I soon quitted the console version because i was very interested in the undescribable better huge pc version.In the beginning i tought about playing with the pad ( yeah, silly silly boy), but pretty soon i started to take my first online fps as a beat ’em up (training seriously to improve) and after a while i started to play in some shitty div 6 teams. I played for like 2500 hours now, as you can imagine i loved this game, but i’m really getting bored by some dynamics that are getting “old”. Let’s just make an example : I started playing scout, because i really liked that class and i play scout as main at the moment too.But i fell in love with a non regular class : The pyro (<3).
I've always been insulted by a lot of players/teams because often I run pyro on the last point to defend, and sometimes i stay with it until i die after the push. I learned all of the deflect "secrets", i can quite easily rocket jump from all of the distances, walljump when the rockets is shoot in a certain way, protect my team from spam while they attack and be a good substitute as a pocket for the medic.
I still love playing scout, but i really wondered how would it be to play pyro as a main.
I don't like tf2 anymore, because it's getting quite monotonus and i think i might quit the game if something like vanilla + medlocks gets approved even in etf2l. Shitloads of weapons are constantly added to the game. Some are really OP in some certain setups ( double heavy and double natasha) but some are just another way to open the game.
I also play medic and demo (not so good with them, but i have fun to play in mixes or as a merc with these classes) and i also play killing floor (lol wtf? O__O). Well, in the coop games i love to be the healer usually, and i played as a medic in killing floor for almost 200 hours. I was sooooooooo happy when the crossbow came out, because it was quite similar to the killing floor alternative healing concept ( the mp7m, the killing floor syringue gun, shoots healing darts to the allies to heal them and double the healing power if you're good enough to hold the timing in your mind).

Anybody tested a bit the new crossbow for the medic? anyhow, i'll try to explain what I "discovered".
The crossbow goes in the same slot of the syringue gun and blutsauger. The medic recovers + 3 on second (like normal syringue gun) and it has 40 bolts. The medic can only fire a bolt at a time, then he need to reload it ( the reloading is so slow, and this is the only real bad thing of this weapon in my opinion).
The healing and the damage to the enemy changes,it's basically distance based.
More the target is far, more the healing or damage the medic will shoot.
I tested it a bit (didn't have so much time) on a scout and a soldier :

The most damage you can inflict on a scout (quite long distance, from the first garage door of granary to the second one) is 75 hp.
The most healing you can shoot on an ally (same distance) is 150 hp.
With a good aim the player can change a bit some destinies.
Yesterday I was playing as medic with some friends in a pcw.I played with the crossbow
and it was a big pain in the ass to realod the bolt each time. I was able to own their sniper and their medic twice (both got called low) and i managed to save a demo from choke, that was going to die by fall damage from the spiral (air healing).
It's plenty of situations that can be solved by medic's aim in these cases.

– A scout is far and very low, and he's burning so bad ( the medic hits him with a bolt, if the flames are anyway still on, he has more time to take a medkit)

– A soldier is quickly retiring from a batlle with the equalizer, he's very low, good aim = + 70/100 hp and the soldier can jump toward the medic and save himself and his medic too (same for a demoman).

The medic can still try a good shot on someone called low, because he has some advantage for the speed of his bolt, and kill somebody, but that's not the main purpose of the weapon.
So, what's it's main purpose ? basically, being more a support medic than the normal loadout one. The medic should trust his comrades more than ever, because scouts that will rush him will have an easier time on the medic with the bow, than the syringue one.
The bow, on close range, can even do under 40 hp damage, so it takes at least 3 succesfull hits to kill a full life scout as a med.
On the other hand, the medic can try to help people that until today were not helpable in those situations.

This is just an example of a weapon that i really like, and that i hope will be considered for the next season.
Same for some other weapons. I'm not saying "please, make a new season with shitloads of brainless new weapon without trying to know those weapons", but sill, giving a chance to some weapons that are not SO op, could bring a new taste of competitive in etf2l.
Now i just think about the black box rocket launcher. + 15 on hit (not multipliable for multiple targets hitten) – 1 rocket – different speed of the rocket.
Uhm ok, what's so op with that? would anyone carry that weapon as a pocket soldier? I don't think so ( at least unless he's godlike with his shotgun). So, move on the roaming one : ok, he has some advantage, he will get + 30 hp if he places two rockets. He will have advantage (maybe) on a normal loadout soldier without his medic. But, usually the roaming soldier points the enemy med, to get range he usually use 1 rocket to jump. He can maybe reload that, but still, he has no more damage on rockets shooted, he just have a little health buff if he doesn't miss. What's so OP in that?

Again, the chargin targe, often got named in this discussion. I don't think it's a dangerous weapon AT ALL. The chargin demo can extremely easy be countered by a rocket on his knees, he will be stopped and he won't use his crit. Then he can be finished with the shotgun. Why people were complaining at the beginning for the charging targe demomen? simple, most of the soldiers (at least in lower divs) are not good with their shotguns and couldn't really think that a charging demo, is actually helping them to improve themselves with the aim. They must hit him on the knees to stop him, and hit him twice with the shotgun to easily kill him.
Why there are still people raging? more important : why are still people losing against that stupid weapon? Close minded, they don't know anything except vanilla + medlocks and utilities for last points.

When a person doesn't want to improve in any way with a game, then he loses his competitive spirit.
A guy named street fighter here, and i want to make another example with that game.
Anybody here played street fighter 4?( i hate that game, but still i played it a bit)
A character in street fighter 4, has been horribly buffed, Sagat, for the people that doesn't know.
After people discovered that (some single days lol, it was so clear he was OP), as here, there were two sides : the one complaining until he got nerfed in the next episode (super sf4) and the ones that were eager to fight against the players that were maining sagat, because it was the biggest challenge of the game.
Let's make another example : In super street fighter 4 i play dudley, a boxer with no projectiles at all and very few ways to get range fast and safely. What was my favourite match up? vs Dhalsim : Projectiles, quick and long pretty safe teleports, very long arms and legs. As you may understand,even if you didn't play a beu at all, that was horribly hard to play. The match was clearly a slow one, the boxer is on one side, trying slowly to get range and punish dhalsim's weak defence, dhalsim trying to keep the boxer away to get advantage from his long range pokes.
Still, i loved to play that type of match, slow, hard to play, few ways to beat that character,but still, when you reach your goal, it's 10 times better then winning an easy match up.

What i want to say now is, there are a loooooooot of possibilities to evaluate, lots of weapons, some new custom maps (and some other ones that are played in america like follower, Yukon, Viaduct, Collis) lots of limits exc…

I would really love to play a team like the OP one, because it would open my mind and add more fun to an old (imho) mixture. It will force me to improve myself and deal with a lot of different situations.
So, I would really love if all of the weapons gets considered (read carefully, considered, not thrown in mindlessly). It would be good for me if 90 % of the new weapons would be not added, but still, if in that 10 % something like the medic's bow gets introduced, i would be very happy to rediscover a new tf2.

Edit- Sorry for my bad english.

Agreed!

ooKami

I think nobody will, still i had time to lose and something to believe in :O

Spike Himself

TC

Long post is ……very long o.O

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Spike Himself

Long post is ……very long o.O

Obvious post is very obvious :p

Oktoberwolf

Long post but true :D

I believe no new weapons should be allowed until Valve has fixed all the bugs that come with them and they have added LoD models for these weapons.

Last edited by Security,

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from Security

I believe no new weapons should be allowed until Valve has fixed all the bugs that come with them and they have added LoD models for these weapons.

Should happen quite soon I imagine.

GangsterAlgot

this one time in a pcw we used a sniper… hihi. we crazy, crazy i tell you! toodleoodies mcfruuties. woopidoobidoooooooo

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from GangsterAlgot

this one time in a pcw we used a sniper… hihi. we crazy, crazy i tell you! toodleoodies mcfruuties. woopidoobidoooooooo

+frag

tasKu

e-famous

I dont really see anything bad @ engineers anywhere, they’re so easy to counter and stuffs.
Althought I still get mad if theres a heavy on the mid >_<

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

Quoted from ooKami

This is gonna be a wall of text, so if you are one of the players from both sides, that couldn’t take this in a mature way, you can skip my post.

For everyone else : I started playing this game when i got blown out by this game on my Xbox360 (yeah, i was mainly a console player, mostly because i played beat ’em ups). I soon quitted the console version because i was very interested in the undescribable better huge pc version.In the beginning i tought about playing with the pad ( yeah, silly silly boy), but pretty soon i started to take my first online fps as a beat ’em up (training seriously to improve) and after a while i started to play in some shitty div 6 teams. I played for like 2500 hours now, as you can imagine i loved this game, but i’m really getting bored by some dynamics that are getting “old”. Let’s just make an example : I started playing scout, because i really liked that class and i play scout as main at the moment too.But i fell in love with a non regular class : The pyro (<3).
I've always been insulted by a lot of players/teams because often I run pyro on the last point to defend, and sometimes i stay with it until i die after the push. I learned all of the deflect "secrets", i can quite easily rocket jump from all of the distances, walljump when the rockets is shoot in a certain way, protect my team from spam while they attack and be a good substitute as a pocket for the medic.
I still love playing scout, but i really wondered how would it be to play pyro as a main.
I don't like tf2 anymore, because it's getting quite monotonus and i think i might quit the game if something like vanilla + medlocks gets approved even in etf2l. Shitloads of weapons are constantly added to the game. Some are really OP in some certain setups ( double heavy and double natasha) but some are just another way to open the game.
I also play medic and demo (not so good with them, but i have fun to play in mixes or as a merc with these classes) and i also play killing floor (lol wtf? O__O). Well, in the coop games i love to be the healer usually, and i played as a medic in killing floor for almost 200 hours. I was sooooooooo happy when the crossbow came out, because it was quite similar to the killing floor alternative healing concept ( the mp7m, the killing floor syringue gun, shoots healing darts to the allies to heal them and double the healing power if you're good enough to hold the timing in your mind).

Anybody tested a bit the new crossbow for the medic? anyhow, i'll try to explain what I "discovered".
The crossbow goes in the same slot of the syringue gun and blutsauger. The medic recovers + 3 on second (like normal syringue gun) and it has 40 bolts. The medic can only fire a bolt at a time, then he need to reload it ( the reloading is so slow, and this is the only real bad thing of this weapon in my opinion).
The healing and the damage to the enemy changes,it's basically distance based.
More the target is far, more the healing or damage the medic will shoot.
I tested it a bit (didn't have so much time) on a scout and a soldier :

The most damage you can inflict on a scout (quite long distance, from the first garage door of granary to the second one) is 75 hp.
The most healing you can shoot on an ally (same distance) is 150 hp.
With a good aim the player can change a bit some destinies.
Yesterday I was playing as medic with some friends in a pcw.I played with the crossbow
and it was a big pain in the ass to realod the bolt each time. I was able to own their sniper and their medic twice (both got called low) and i managed to save a demo from choke, that was going to die by fall damage from the spiral (air healing).
It's plenty of situations that can be solved by medic's aim in these cases.

– A scout is far and very low, and he's burning so bad ( the medic hits him with a bolt, if the flames are anyway still on, he has more time to take a medkit)

– A soldier is quickly retiring from a batlle with the equalizer, he's very low, good aim = + 70/100 hp and the soldier can jump toward the medic and save himself and his medic too (same for a demoman).

The medic can still try a good shot on someone called low, because he has some advantage for the speed of his bolt, and kill somebody, but that's not the main purpose of the weapon.
So, what's it's main purpose ? basically, being more a support medic than the normal loadout one. The medic should trust his comrades more than ever, because scouts that will rush him will have an easier time on the medic with the bow, than the syringue one.
The bow, on close range, can even do under 40 hp damage, so it takes at least 3 succesfull hits to kill a full life scout as a med.
On the other hand, the medic can try to help people that until today were not helpable in those situations.

This is just an example of a weapon that i really like, and that i hope will be considered for the next season.
Same for some other weapons. I'm not saying "please, make a new season with shitloads of brainless new weapon without trying to know those weapons", but sill, giving a chance to some weapons that are not SO op, could bring a new taste of competitive in etf2l.
Now i just think about the black box rocket launcher. + 15 on hit (not multipliable for multiple targets hitten) – 1 rocket – different speed of the rocket.
Uhm ok, what's so op with that? would anyone carry that weapon as a pocket soldier? I don't think so ( at least unless he's godlike with his shotgun). So, move on the roaming one : ok, he has some advantage, he will get + 30 hp if he places two rockets. He will have advantage (maybe) on a normal loadout soldier without his medic. But, usually the roaming soldier points the enemy med, to get range he usually use 1 rocket to jump. He can maybe reload that, but still, he has no more damage on rockets shooted, he just have a little health buff if he doesn't miss. What's so OP in that?

Again, the chargin targe, often got named in this discussion. I don't think it's a dangerous weapon AT ALL. The chargin demo can extremely easy be countered by a rocket on his knees, he will be stopped and he won't use his crit. Then he can be finished with the shotgun. Why people were complaining at the beginning for the charging targe demomen? simple, most of the soldiers (at least in lower divs) are not good with their shotguns and couldn't really think that a charging demo, is actually helping them to improve themselves with the aim. They must hit him on the knees to stop him, and hit him twice with the shotgun to easily kill him.
Why there are still people raging? more important : why are still people losing against that stupid weapon? Close minded, they don't know anything except vanilla + medlocks and utilities for last points.

When a person doesn't want to improve in any way with a game, then he loses his competitive spirit.
A guy named street fighter here, and i want to make another example with that game.
Anybody here played street fighter 4?( i hate that game, but still i played it a bit)
A character in street fighter 4, has been horribly buffed, Sagat, for the people that doesn't know.
After people discovered that (some single days lol, it was so clear he was OP), as here, there were two sides : the one complaining until he got nerfed in the next episode (super sf4) and the ones that were eager to fight against the players that were maining sagat, because it was the biggest challenge of the game.
Let's make another example : In super street fighter 4 i play dudley, a boxer with no projectiles at all and very few ways to get range fast and safely. What was my favourite match up? vs Dhalsim : Projectiles, quick and long pretty safe teleports, very long arms and legs. As you may understand,even if you didn't play a beu at all, that was horribly hard to play. The match was clearly a slow one, the boxer is on one side, trying slowly to get range and punish dhalsim's weak defence, dhalsim trying to keep the boxer away to get advantage from his long range pokes.
Still, i loved to play that type of match, slow, hard to play, few ways to beat that character,but still, when you reach your goal, it's 10 times better then winning an easy match up.

What i want to say now is, there are a loooooooot of possibilities to evaluate, lots of weapons, some new custom maps (and some other ones that are played in america like follower, Yukon, Viaduct, Collis) lots of limits exc…

I would really love to play a team like the OP one, because it would open my mind and add more fun to an old (imho) mixture. It will force me to improve myself and deal with a lot of different situations.
So, I would really love if all of the weapons gets considered (read carefully, considered, not thrown in mindlessly). It would be good for me if 90 % of the new weapons would be not added, but still, if in that 10 % something like the medic's bow gets introduced, i would be very happy to rediscover a new tf2.

Edit- Sorry for my bad english.

fucking rofl @ last sentence :D

konr

Agree with ooKami! Played a doublemix with some drunk reJ guys and I got completely owned by _Ben (i think it was ben anyway) when going for a med pick. Medic needs something like that.

Spike Himself

TC

Well, Ben *is* a sick pocket :)

_Ben

;?

I fucking love the crossbow

Spike Himself

TC

Oh I see what you mean.

d’oh

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 Next »