Forum

Pushing in to last (any map!)

Created 22nd November 2010 @ 12:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

rtan

-9w-

demo to sticky point soldier jump it = success

kuma

Different lasts have different priorities, but the usual one is to pressure their demo while trying to keep yours relatively free. An alternative is uber heavy from water on gullywash last for example, as on that last you can force them on the point which is a deathtrap.

You also can’t let them uber too late, so you generally go the closest route or jump them. Attacking from different angles also works.

It also depends on other factors such as sentries, heavies, uber advantage, momentum, etc. I might take a stab at it on my blog later.

Focus on what your positioning will be after the two ubers have run out, try to get height advantage. Winning top left/right on gully/badlands is a pain in the ass for the defensive team, because they have to either focus on point or your team.

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

2 Spies and / or 2 heavies. Success.

Dummy

cheerio everybody
anyway, oft when we do succeed it’s because one of our scouts or sometimes a soldier became the focus of the enemy, e.g behind point on badlands, which gave time and space to the others, then again, it’s an unreliable technique as if the scout/soldier goes down too quickly we aren’t in position and 1 down

Spike Himself

TC

When able to attack, you must seem unable; when using your forces, you must seem inactive; when you are near, you must make the enemy believe you are far away;when far away, you must make them believe you are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush them. If they are secure at all points, be prepared for them. If they are in superior strength, evade them. If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate them. Pretend to be weak, that they may grow arrogant. If they are taking their ease, give them no rest. If their forces are united, separate them. Attack them where they are unprepared, appear where you are not expected.

Pendji

Quoted from Spike Himself

When able to attack, you must seem unable; when using your forces, you must seem inactive; when you are near, you must make the enemy believe you are far away;when far away, you must make them believe you are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush them. If they are secure at all points, be prepared for them. If they are in superior strength, evade them. If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate them. Pretend to be weak, that they may grow arrogant. If they are taking their ease, give them no rest. If their forces are united, separate them. Attack them where they are unprepared, appear where you are not expected.

DOUBLE HEAVY LOL

Dummy

Quoted from Spike Himself

quoting sun tzu are we

alfa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uxe_yufpMg

That’s how you do it

or

Do it like blorg. Leave your team un-ubured vs your enemy (who is ubered) and rush the point (full of stickies, soldiers, banelings) while swinging your ubersaw. No offense but that was so fun to watch.

Last edited by alfa,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from alfa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uxe_yufpMg

That’s how you do it

or

Do it like blorg. Leave your team un-ubured vs your enemy (who is ubered) and rush the point (full of stickies, soldiers, banelings) while swinging your ubersaw. No offense but that was so fun to watch.

lol epic video :D

kuma

Quoted from alfa

banelings

who needs uber when you can just foxer

Square

nexus – fleet bacon – mothership – pewpewpew

I’m more of a 13gate man myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJFG8jtU0CM

Lynn

⁄⁄nν

Quoted from Tommy Testosterone

I’m more of a 13gate man myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJFG8jtU0CM

HOLY SHIT IT’S TOMMY I HAVEN’T SPOKEN TO YOU IN AGES
/excitement

On-topic: the main thing you need is a general plan before the match starts. Going with the flow works out great when you’re rolling the other team. But when you’re equally matched the last point will be a pain in the ass to cap. Instead of scrimming some evening, try going on your server with your team alone, and play some possible scenarios. Assign positions and the order in whcih people run in, also who tries to pick who. Yeah, sure in an actual match your tactic will never work out like you had planned it out. But that’s where the skill of your players comes in. Any decent player will be able to adapt to the situation even if it doesn’t go as planned. But just going in without a plan rarely works.

Oh hey.

*I wish I had something useful to put in here so that this wouldn’t be such an useless post.*

Kill dudes I guess.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2