Forum

metamod/sourcemod

Created 12th October 2010 @ 10:49

Add A Reply Pages: 1

vlad_drac

xoxo

Is anyone very familiar with these things such that they could help me setting it up to ….well, work? A few guides have led me to dead ends, i want to do a bit of tf2 surfing on LAN, need this to set it up :)

Do you need to just set up metamod + sourcemod on a dedi?
Or install a specific mod?

Rotab

≧◡≦

http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Installing_SourceMod

vlad_drac

xoxo

Quoted from Rotab

http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Installing_SourceMod

This is one of the guides that i followed to no avail, hence needing some further input from someone who has already set one up and is familiar with it. Don’t let your haste to be sarcastic get in the way of a good sarcastic answer – less haste, less fail!

What i’m just trying to do is make it work via a game i create – no dedicated server or whatever, just go in tf and make my own game to play in. After following that guide (and another couple), i end up not even knowing if metamod/sourcemod have loaded correctly. I try a few commands and they are unrecognised, so i guess that means no. But i did follow the steps!

So i sort of need someone who knows what they’re doing that can go “have you done this? yes/no. have you done this? yes/no” until the damn thing works. Either that or a really good guide (the one linked isn’t very good in that it didn’t work when i followed it) that i can follow!

Ghent

Team

Didn’t valve block loading sourcemod on a client?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Ghent

Didn’t valve block loading sourcemod on a client?

where did anyone say anything about loading it on a client?

Ghent

Team

Quoted from vlad_drac

What i’m just trying to do is make it work via a game i create – no dedicated server or whatever, just go in tf and make my own game to play in.

octochris

(0v0)

Technically you wouldn’t call that a client, you’d call that a listen server. But yes, it will be blocked via that method too.

aps

.cc

you have to lauch the game with “-insecure” command line option ;)

vlad_drac

xoxo

ooooo, i see…

and is this a really bad idea for a comp player? :P

Rotab

≧◡≦

Quoted from vlad_drac

ooooo, i see…

and is this a really bad idea for a comp player? :P

You wont be able to connect to VAC secured servers. Use srcds like a pro!

edit: nvm. I suck at reading apparently

Last edited by d1ck j0nes,

Add A Reply Pages: 1