Forum

"Steam Validation rejected" and regular disconnect after 30 seconds playtime

Created 28th August 2010 @ 16:54

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from vlad_drac

Anyone else STILL having this fucking rediculous problem? Every time i load tf2 up, i have to connect to dm_store and run in circles until i get the validation problem before i can go and play wherever it is i wanted to play.

Just play your PCW’s on dm_store then.

archy

nothing has changed for me either. and its getting more and more on my nerves. especially when i forget to connect to a shit server first… and then have to wait or ask someone to kick me. awesome stuff…

albert

epx^

i am glad to see im not the only one suffering from this, my clan has been calling me a lunatic

Rele

Quoted from kos

Using a thomson router by any chance?

I have the same problem (time out/validation rejected on first server joined) and I’m using a thomson router.

Sketch

MM

i have had this issue since css was released. except the old error message was “the steam id: blah blah is already in use on this server.

after 5 or 6 years you get used to it

randa

Im using the homehub and ive been getting this for a couple of weeks now :/

archy

BUMP

has anyone anyhow found any fix for the disconnect after the TF2 launch? maybe even randomly -_-?
I heard from so many people to have this problem… I cant even remember the time when those time outs started to happen for me…

But well, why am I even complaining… We at least got a shitload of hats…

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

I don’t see how a router can cause this. If it connects at first, then a router can’t be the problem? I’m having this problem too. And I use Swifty’s solution.

The thing is, it doesn’t happen on any server for me. So I’m thinking it might be a server-side issue. A TF2 code verification problem of some kind. I don’t have this problem with L4D2. The “Steam validation rejected” message, is because the server thinks your steam ID is already connected and in use. You can solve that, by restarting steam, or getting a mate to kick you off the server.

dr.Justice

≧◡≦

I fix this a while ago it IS a router issue.

This fixed my O2 wireless box 2

You’ll need to connect to your router by telnet. Click on “Start”, then select “Run”, type “cmd” and press Enter or click “Ok”. This will bring up a command prompt. Win7 users can use putty or kitty
Type “telnet ”

login with

ID: SuperUser
Password: O2Br0ad64nd

Once you have logged in, you will be presented with the command line of your router.
This is where you must enter the following commands:

connection unbind application=GAME(UDP) port=27010-27011
saveall
exit

fisk

KiH
KiH

Quoted from dr.Justice

I fix this a while ago it IS a router issue.

This fixed my O2 wireless box 2

You’ll need to connect to your router by telnet. Click on “Start”, then select “Run”, type “cmd” and press Enter or click “Ok”. This will bring up a command prompt. Win7 users can use putty or kitty
Type “telnet ”

login with

ID: SuperUser
Password: O2Br0ad64nd

Once you have logged in, you will be presented with the command line of your router.
This is where you must enter the following commands:

connection unbind application=GAME(UDP) port=27010-27011
saveall
exit

This should work for Thomson TG784/787 aswell, except that default user is Administrator and password is blank (Atleast when delivered from swedish Telia). I can’t test it since my router refuses to accept telnet, I’m suspecting Telia pushed out a firmware that closes telnet down (except for their customer support).

archy

i googled a putty.exe and downloaded it.

opening the cmd.exe and then typing telnet, putty or kitty just leads to the response that those command are either typed wrong or cannot be found.

anyways.. I have no experience with all that stuff or what so ever so I have to be sure: Is that what I am looking for?

http://img715.imageshack.us/i/puttyb.png/

Cheers

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from archy

opening the cmd.exe and then typing telnet, putty or kitty just leads to the response that those command are either typed wrong or cannot be found.

anyways.. I have no experience with all that stuff or what so ever so I have to be sure: Is that what I am looking for?

Cheers

putty.exe needs to be in your PATH if you want to do it like that. otherwise just execute it.

kuma

the sad thing is BT disallowed connecting to homehub routers by telnet :(

fisk

KiH
KiH

Quoted from kuma

the sad thing is BT disallowed connecting to homehub routers by telnet :(

There seems to be ways to hack your router into allowing telnet from LAN, atleast for the tg784/787. I didn’t want to try them since I’m a bit unsure of the effect on our IPTV and VoIP telephone. (And I’m too lazy to find out or hack it myself.)

Quoted from archy

Cheers

if you simply want to telnet in to your router, just activate telnet in your OS (I noticed from the screenshot your most likely using vista or w7)

* Go to Start, Control Panel, Programs and Features
* In the menu, click on the link “Turn Windows features on or Off”; you may need to enter an Administrator username and password
* In Windows features window, scroll down to Telnet client, and ensure that the checkbox is checked. It may take a few minutes to complete this. )

then simply start cmd.exe and type telnet routerip. No need to get more advanced than that :).

(I take no credit for the howto, again, lazy as I am I simply googled it for you. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/1230/425159.page#4190624 deserves credit)

Last edited by fisk,

archy

I enabled the telnet client. I telneted into my router via cmd. Then, when I was asked to login, I could not login neither with my personal username and password that I received from my ISP, nor with any username and/or password that has been posted in this thread.

By the way: I have also tried some fixes from the steam forum. None of those worked either, unfortunately. If anyone is interested: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18784083#post18784083

this whole issue is really giving me a headache tbh…

Last edited by archy,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »