Forum

TF2 Update 17.8.10

Created 17th August 2010 @ 19:58

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Moreg

dc.

pointless shit

atra

Stopped me and my team from having a PCW, Valve is soo bs.

BlinkBoy

GFM

Quoted from atra

Rotab

≧◡≦

Quoted from ZeyOrk

This is so sad, I mean we live in 2010, and the game is still not optimized for quad-cores, but they give us hats tough…fucking cunts

engine’s from 2007..

AnimaL

its optimized for i5’s… or i5s are optimized for sawce…either one :D

Last edited by AnimaL,

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

-5fps again nice NICE !

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

-5fps again nice NICE !

i overclocked my cpu the same day so it don’t matter

Quoted from AnimaL

its optimized for i5’s… or i5s are optimized for sawce…either one :D

Thank god, I only got a little over 500 fps on an empty map before.

Last edited by Fluffy Meowington,

TSL

works good with Intel Core 2 Duo 6550 (family i3)

Mark

Phase

Quoted from atra

The world doesn’t revolve around you.

Nagash

[CiC]
CiC

technically it only delayed us, but they put a couple updates out around the 21:00cet mark, and a fair few people having issues with servers needing to be upated a few times, or steam not properly downloading client updates… usual valve though, causing chaos with updates :D

cc//

-80 fps.
GRRRRR >:(

SteveyJJ

CoWC

Was running at with a stable cap of 120fps and during 6vs6 it would rarely drop below 100. Now it can go as low as 60 and it’s painfully obvious at 120hz. I think intel CPU’s got a boost, but my AMD Athlon X3 445 took a nasty hit.

SteveyJJ

CoWC

Okay I found a fix for my problem and it may help other AMD users too. Since the update my CPU would use a lower clock speed at random intervals when playing TF2. Would regularly use 800mhz clock speed and was never really using the full 3100mhz at all. Disabling Cool n’ Quiet in BIOS reverted everything back to normal for me, no more random drops.

The solution was posted on the steam forums where someone suggested using Overdrive to create a profile that would use the full clock speed when TF2 was open. Seemed like the better idea since disabling Cool n’ Quiet has my CPU running at full clock speed regardless of what I’m doing, but I couldn’t quite figure the program out.

h0stage

after this update tf2 works on i5 750 much smoother (with cpu 0 disabled)

Last edited by h0stage,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »