Forum

Hijack!

Created 25th May 2010 @ 01:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

I’m not convinced that my machine has been compromised.
I’ll know more in a few days I guess, but I have jettisoned my old email accounts.

Just have to see where it goes from here…

Predz

[DA]
[DA]

if I did it i’d be the first to tell you and to brag about it. Do you not recall teh FB T-Shirt ?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Admirable

well then you take some serious fucking convincing, it’s obvious as fuck

Josh

ez
LEGO

I’m now afraid :(

Edd

T2P

Quoted from octochris

[…]

well then you take some serious fucking convincing, it’s obvious as fuck

chris dropping the bomb

quad

Quoted from Admirable

I’ll know more in a few days I guess, but I have jettisoned my old email accounts.

Just have to see where it goes from here…

When I got hijacked, the bitch even deleted my email address :[

Trust me, your pc is compromised, and the easiest and safest thing is to format.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Edd

[…]

chris dropping the bomb

well someone has to, seriously how much convincing does a guy need to know that his computer has been compromised… stupid as fuck to continue along the path of “oh it might not be that” when it quite clearly is, all he’s going to get is more shit compromised over time.

back up, format, reinstall OS. if you don’t do that, you are either lazy or don’t care about your security, end of. there might as well be a massive sign flashing saying “your computer is compromised”.

Josh

ez
LEGO

Quoted from octochris

[…]

there might as well be a massive sign flashing saying “your computer is compromised”.

That might help a lot :)

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/916/timetofuckdenmarkup.png

At 10quid Adz I think it’s the only viable option.

Ryan Air – Promoting internet-to-rl violence since 1985

Edd

T2P

Quoted from GibbZ

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/916/timetofuckdenmarkup.png

At 10quid Adz I think it’s the only viable option.

Ryan Air – Promoting internet-to-rl violence since 1985

gibbz you beast :D

Taoism

or just ask F2 if he gets that gay for you, i mean you could pay him the 10 quidz and don’t even have to play :P.

Seriously, back-up your stuff and format your PC!

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

there’s gotta be someone in this community who is able to do an online personality theft on that fucker……………SHOW YOURSELF

Digiwill

=[IDK]=

what quad & chris said, format that pc m8 :)

NOD32 doesnt recognize every virus/keylogger/spyware-thing, just like any other scanner. BUT, be sure to install something like superantispyware after your fresh OS install next to your antivirus.

Also try surfing with firefox + noscript addon. I think I got Hijacked through some dogdy website, I use this noscript ever since.

It must be a keylogger or something idd. And you’re really fucked when you got a rootkit virus as well… so format that stuff NAO is my advice :P

oh yes and change all your pw’s + secret quetions (ON ANOTHER PC THAT IS ^^)

gl man!

Last edited by Digiwill,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from octochris

Chris’s Post

True, but remember. Unfortunately not everyone gives that much of a shit about security nor understands it, its quite easy to end up in an echosphere when you do yourself.

Also, Dictionary/Brute-force account hacking tools do exist. They take hours to work and someone would have to specifically target you in particular. But they do exist and they do work (I’ve used one to get my pass back after I forgot my password and security pass).

But ye Adz, just reformat. Better safe than sorry.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Skyride

True, but remember. Unfortunately not everyone gives that much of a shit about security nor understands it, its quite easy to end up in an echosphere when you do yourself.

It takes literally an hour and a half to format and reinstall most OSes including your programs and whatever.

If you need to backup, do it overnight and disconnect your computer from the internet.

Honestly, it’s either an hour and a half doing that or an undefined number of hours sorting out the mess that is currently being exacerbated.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »