Forum

Gunboat legalization?

Created 22nd April 2010 @ 18:30

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 Next »

Azdean

WTH!?

Quoted from Andee

I think they are not going to release a new rule untill the next engineer patch. That will prolly shake up comp scene again with all new unlocks :)

I doubt it will shake up the scene, its the engy update, Unless they give him a mech it’s not gona be a huge shake up.

He’s only ever used for defence so it won’t make a huge impact on the game like the solly and demo update did.

kolox

obs.

Apparently the heavy classes are getting new toys too, so keep your eyes peeled :)

Geten

“Apparently”? I’ve never seen any real proof of that. I’d get a sizeable amount of wood if you could show me.

tesco

mrp.

new recipe @ craft with the update:

Charge ‘n Targe + Razorback = Gunboats

kolox

obs.

Quoted from Geten

“Apparently”? I’ve never seen any real proof of that. I’d get a sizeable amount of wood if you could show me.

Apparently, as in i’ve heard rumours. source: http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-10067/page-3/?recent=176992#post-176992

Fox

fleisch!

There are new receipts for all the new unlocks.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1265946

Sofa King

+1

KillaloT

eureka

Do not allow!

Quoted from Geten

Do not allow it. For fricks sake this is tf2. Soldiers are supposed to be support class in that they build uber and they both look after the medic. Anything else is structural discrimination/racism towards scouts and demomen and would thus make the soldier OP and shatter the total balance and harmony that now exists in that all classes are equally useful.

I agree, this game has turned into one hell of a DM fest of jumping soldiers and weird suicides from demomen and scouts. I believe this will just make things even worse. I miss heavies from the original gameplay in 2008 :'(

Chaos

BAT

Quoted from Fox

There are new receipts for all the new unlocks.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1265946

lol

Steam forums are not citation worthy.

here – http://www.tf2items.com/crafting/blueprints.php

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from KillaloT

I believe this will just make things even worse. I miss heavies from the original gameplay in 2008 :'(

Whats stopping you from rolling a heavy at the moment? Since the last update I’d certainly say it’s viable.

minimoose

Gunboats would make soldiers a lot more dangerous and dynamic, although when overhealed he can jump on the medic while still on ~270 hp, which seems a bit op. It also means that if he fails his pick, he can still rocket jump away even if he’s on ~20 hp. Needs testing :)

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from minimoose

It also means that if he fails his pick, he can still rocket jump away even if he’s on ~20 hp. Needs testing :)

Unless you would spare a rocket for that purpose (meaning you’d have 2 rockets to kill the med [1 used on jump, 2 on med, 1 for jumping back]) you would need to reload for it. And giving up shotgun means you can’t finish the med off if 3 (or 2) rockets wasn’t enough.

And if you double jump on the medic you have to kill him within 2 hits or you’re pretty much dead.

People often under estimate the shotgun, but it’s really usefull.

helberg

Danmark
DANMARK

God I want the gunboats to be allowed sooo bad :(

erratic

Well basicly id like them to be allowed too, as it opens up for more new tactics and what not, just limit them to one per team, so we dont have 2x Rambo soldiers. And now that you can craft them from razorback and targe, the “The gunboats are random” excuse isnt super viable anymore tbh.

Anyways, hoping for this :D
#Edit, well i just thought about this, why not maybe, just try them out, in stuff similar to like monday night madness if you do allow them, but might think they are “World shattering” to tf 2, seems like a good way to test things out basicly :)

Sclampf

actually all new weapons should be allowed as you can craft them all now and get guaranteed item drops.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 Next »