Forum

Gunboat legalization?

Created 22nd April 2010 @ 18:30

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »

Quoted from RaCio

You can get it trough an achievement in a definite time. With the random drop weapons you can’t do anything expect rely on luck. This problem has only grown since the start of season 7 with the release of more random drop weapons.

I can’t! I already had completed all medic achievements. A month or so ago I accidentally crafted Ubersaw into metal and can’t get it back now!!! Plz ban!!!

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Supreme Being

[…]
I can’t! I already had completed all medic achievements. A month or so ago I accidentally crafted Ubersaw into metal and can’t get it back now!!! Plz ban!!!

Even in such a hypothetical situation, the user chose to craft it (whether intentionally or unintentionally), but the user cannot /choose/ which weapon they get.

Furi0us

allow the gunboats please, the solly loses his shotgun for it. now imagine, 2 scouts and a gunboat solly, the solly would just get literally raped by the scouts. hell, even ONE decent scout can win against a gunboat solly. sooo gunboats should me allowed for season 8, if its going to be so gamebreaking, we’ll just re-ban them again :D

infussle

Anyone not owning a pair of gunboats probably shouldn’t care if you use them or not.

Azdean

WTH!?

Some of the arguments against the gunboats in this thread are laughable. But the whole “not everyone has a equal chance of receiving the gunboats” argument is actually valid.

Of the 10 or so items you are assigned to be dropped in a week there in no guarantee that any soldier weapons will drop.
However the chance of that is very slim. Pretty much everyone in this community has had the gunboats at some point or other, and those who haven’t are a extremely unlucky case.

People who have crafted there pair of gunboats are at the exact same position as if someone received the gunboats from a achievement and then crafted them away.

Therefore I think that it’s fair to say that as the vast majority of soldier players in the community own a pair or have a significant chance of receiving the pair simply by playing the game.

However I think that a rule needs to be devised to allow the use of gunboats as long as certain conditions are met. This sidesteps the completely obvious problem of teams not allowing the use of gunboats because they don’t like the idea of a aggressive soldier and lets face it it’s easier to disallow it than to come up with a counter for the situation.

As I said in my last post the gunboats are a completely viable side grade and this issue of availability is the only issue that stand’s in the way of it’s inclusion.

A rule that says that both teams must own a pair of gunboats in order for them to be used would be a idea but I believe that a better one could be thought of. On the other hand we could just ask valve to tie the gunboats to a achievement.

As for the “vanilla tf2!” group, Quit yo whining bitch’s! Alternate weapons mean new tactics, new tactics means more scenarios. More scenarios mean the game doesn’t get stale. Playing through the same old tactics without modifiers (alternate weapons) is what we call counterstrike. ;)

Rele

Btw, not allowing the gunboats because “it would be the best tactic in the game” is not a valid argument. Removing something from a game because it’s the best tactic in the game doesn’t change it for the better – it only reduces it to its second best tactics.

kaidus

WiK?

Who is this largos guy and why’s he started all this drama?

igulfast

HordeofGoats

Quoted from Azdean

As for the “vanilla tf2!” group, Quit yo whining bitch’s! Alternate weapons mean new tactics, new tactics means more scenarios. More scenarios mean the game doesn’t get stale. Playing through the same old tactics without modifiers (alternate weapons) is what we call counterstrike. ;)

+1

franco

If gunboats were allowed I would come back to 6v6 as a dedicated live-on-enemy-medic roaming soldier

Pedman

sextant

Quoted from Darn

i barely even use sg, gunboats are superb. I do jump enemy medics etc quite often, with gunboats my survival percentage would go from 20% to 60%.

Same here.

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

shit weapon

randa

Quoted from Azdean

Some of the arguments against the gunboats in this thread are laughable. But the whole “not everyone has a equal chance of receiving the gunboats” argument is actually valid.

Of the 10 or so items you are assigned to be dropped in a week there in no guarantee that any soldier weapons will drop.
However the chance of that is very slim. Pretty much everyone in this community has had the gunboats at some point or other, and those who haven’t are a extremely unlucky case.

People who have crafted there pair of gunboats are at the exact same position as if someone received the gunboats from a achievement and then crafted them away.

Therefore I think that it’s fair to say that as the vast majority of soldier players in the community own a pair or have a significant chance of receiving the pair simply by playing the game.

However I think that a rule needs to be devised to allow the use of gunboats as long as certain conditions are met. This sidesteps the completely obvious problem of teams not allowing the use of gunboats because they don’t like the idea of a aggressive soldier and lets face it it’s easier to disallow it than to come up with a counter for the situation.

As I said in my last post the gunboats are a completely viable side grade and this issue of availability is the only issue that stand’s in the way of it’s inclusion.

A rule that says that both teams must own a pair of gunboats in order for them to be used would be a idea but I believe that a better one could be thought of. On the other hand we could just ask valve to tie the gunboats to a achievement.

Yeah we wouldn’t want tf2 to be like the biggest e-sports title ever…

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from randa

[…]

Yeah we wouldn’t want tf2 to be like the biggest e-sports title ever…

Have you even played that game? I’ve played a quite few mixes and even those got boring quickly. I couldn’t even bare to imagine playing it every night like TF2.

Azdean

WTH!?

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Have you even played that game? I’ve played a quite few mixes and even those got boring quickly. I couldn’t even bare to imagine playing it every night like TF2.

Exactly!
And Randa becoming the “most supported game” doesn’t mean “make Team Fortress as simplistic, boring and repetitive as Counter Strike.”

DIEHARDD

Quoted from kuma

allow if both teams agree imo

+1

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »