Forum

Gunboat legalization?

Created 22nd April 2010 @ 18:30

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

tbh, I think everyone has had the gunboats at some time, if they crafted it for a fucking hat then that’s their fault, just allow them so the game can be more fast paced.

Wiiking

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

tbh, I think everyone has had the gunboats at some time, if they crafted it for a fucking hat then that’s their fault, just allow them so the game can be more fast paced.

no i dont have any fucking gunboats

xzr

surely I’ll love being in the middle after the enemy solly, kinda changes game mechanics.

ban all but medic unlocks ploxxxxxxx

Quoted from xzr

surely I’ll love being in the middle after the enemy solly, kinda changes game mechanics.

lrn2jump nub.

Heaven’s forbid the game doesn’t revolve completely about the Demo.

Wiiking

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

lrn2jump nub.

Heaven’s forbid the game doesn’t revolve completely about the Demo.

Heaven’s forbid sollies launching on medics is the only valid tactic in future tf2

I don’t have Ubersaw! Please ban all medic unlocks!!!

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Quoted from Geten

Do not allow it. For fricks sake this is tf2. Soldiers are supposed to be support class in that they build uber and they both look after the medic. Anything else is structural discrimination/racism towards scouts and demomen and would thus make the soldier OP and shatter the total balance and harmony that now exists in that all classes are equally useful.

ROFL who said soldier was a support class? I remember a time when the soldier could carry a team based on his skill, now the demomen carries his team based on the class’ damage output and speed to middle; even those demomen who can’t hit nades still carry the team – its absolutely ridiculous. Gunboats are great for the roamer, especially as most soldiers are totally unable to hit anything with their shotgun.

I scrimmed last night on viaduct and used the gunboats throughout, it was the most fun I’ve had as soldier in a long time. I wouldn’t drop my shotgun, but maybe I’d reconsider that if the gunboats made you take less fall damage – the nerf on the equalizer also had an effect on using gunboats anyway, the equalizer was a real option as an alternative to the shotgun, now its pretty much useless as an attacking tool for the bombing soldier – it’s better just to reload a rocket.

insanity

Quoted from xzr

this.

Quoted from insanity

[…]

this.

And why should the Demo be the first to mid no matter what happens? Why can’t another class be that? Even if you arrive after the Soldier it’s not like he’s the stronger class. You still have far more firepower.

randa

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

And why should the Demo be the first to mid no matter what happens? Why can’t another class be that? Even if you arrive after the Soldier it’s not like he’s the stronger class. You still have far more firepower.

If it aint broke dont fix it, tf2 was fine before any weapon unlocks the only one that REALLY changes gameplay was the medic one, vanillatf2 ftw.

Wiiking

Quoted from Fragga

[…]

ROFL who said soldier was a support class? I remember a time when the soldier could carry a team based on his skill, now the demomen carries his team based on the class’ damage output and speed to middle; even those demomen who can’t hit nades still carry the team – its absolutely ridiculous. Gunboats are great for the roamer, especially as most soldiers are totally unable to hit anything with their shotgun.

I scrimmed last night on viaduct and used the gunboats throughout, it was the most fun I’ve had as soldier in a long time. I wouldn’t drop my shotgun, but maybe I’d reconsider that if the gunboats made you take less fall damage – the nerf on the equalizer also had an effect on using gunboats anyway, the equalizer was a real option as an alternative to the shotgun, now its pretty much useless as an attacking tool for the bombing soldier – it’s better just to reload a rocket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

Quoted from Fragga

the equalizer was a real option as an alternative to the shotgun, now its pretty much useless as an attacking tool for the bombing soldier – it’s better just to reload a rocket.

It was also blatantly overpowered. Deserved the nerf.

Quoted from randa

[…]

If it aint broke dont fix it, tf2 was fine before any weapon unlocks the only one that REALLY changes gameplay was the medic one, vanillatf2 ftw.

Good thing none of the weapons break TF2 then. None of the current weapons have a gamebreaking effect on TF2. (Except maybe Sandman. PoS)

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Supreme Being

I don’t have Ubersaw! Please ban all medic unlocks!!!

You can get it trough an achievement in a definite time. With the random drop weapons you can’t do anything expect rely on luck. This problem has only grown since the start of season 7 with the release of more random drop weapons.

evokje

WiK?

Quoted from Defur

+1

XHunter

TIDS
\V/ »

Quoted from Fragga

[…]
but maybe I’d reconsider that if the gunboats made you take less fall damage […]

You can stop your fall with a rocket for the sacrifice of 10hp and a rocket xD

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »