Forum

Gunboat legalization?

Created 22nd April 2010 @ 18:30

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »

Wiiking

a pair of boots thats only good for launchin om medic and shoot on ur own feet? think i pass

Voff

nwave`

pass

Extremer

Quoted from jgmaster

On badlands can’t a solly be rjing onto the demo as they come out of house if he wears the boots?

I think that’s possible.

captain bubblebeard

yes, allow.

yin

Quoted from Extremer

[…]

I think that’s possible.

shoudl i test it? :D

Extremer

9:44 going out from house with ~170 hp, so yeah it’s possible.

Geten

Do not allow it. For fricks sake this is tf2. Soldiers are supposed to be support class in that they build uber and they both look after the medic. Anything else is structural discrimination/racism towards scouts and demomen and would thus make the soldier OP and shatter the total balance and harmony that now exists in that all classes are equally useful.

sMisk

:id:

go for boats makes soldier much more intresting :)

sajh

[j]\\\'
[j]'

still havent tried them myself, but having watched a few games in which gunboats were allowed i must say that i do want them to be allowed. Much more fun to spec a soldier actually being able to utilize rocket jumping-skills without nearly killing himself in the process.

Memento Mori

Create an achievement or tie it to one thats already there (like the rocket jump achievement). Then allow them. Nothing wrong with them, just completely random as to whether you get them.

Waster

Scouts are fast, but have small hp and are short range class. Soldiers are slow, have a lot of health and are medium range. With the gunboats soldiers are way faster as scouts. Making soldiers better in most aspects and breaks class balance.

So no gunboats please.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Geten

Anything else is structural discrimination/racism towards scouts and demomen and would thus make the soldier OP and shatter the total balance and harmony that now exists in that all classes are equally useful.

Lol gunboats = shattering the total balance and harmony of the game?
Hardly, scouts just wait for him to fire 3 rockets and go pwn his ass, no shotgun easy peasy. Multiple rocket jumps in a row really isnt that much of a pay off for having no shotgun, its not overpowered in the slitest.

Quoted from Geten

Soldiers are supposed to be support class in that they build uber and they both look after the medic.

This sentence should encourage anyone new players to pick soldiers lol… Tbh just put springs on them so they make us jump further too, funboats ftw.

And you guys do realise that you still take damage right? Fast as scouts? wtf only if theres a constant stream of health packs your stealing off the demo man.

Rele

tbh Tapley, you got trolled :D

Just allow them. We’re giving up our Shotgun for it.

JoeyTB...

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

Just allow them. We’re giving up our Shotgun for it.

+1

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »