Forum

Viaduct in the mappool for S8?

Created 21st April 2010 @ 21:20

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

I really enjoyed viaduct when it was in the KOTH cup. It was the only koth map I personally found fun.

rAye.

Vuze.
T.

Quoted from Sir Remix

Just take gorge off and i’m happy.

+1000000000

alfa

We are playing it competitive in NA so why not.Would be awesome to replace turbine with this one.

cMw

ppl hate turbine and dont want gorge anymore

viaduct is a GOOD map, its hilarious looking at these “no” posts from ppl who have probably never played the map or even seen it played competitively

cause if you had u wouldnt be posting it..

skinnie

TCM

wow this map is even better than gorge

Chaos

BAT

To be honest, I love turbine. It’s got a great play style and tactic set. It would be a shame to see CTF die in comp

kaidus

WiK?

Lol hilarious how everyone says no despite having never played it. It’s not bad, but not awesome. It’s definitly better than gorge, well and turbine, and more pleasing in terms of balanced results than gravelpit. It can get a bit boring with the constant sniping and heavies and whatever, but as cmw says there are ways of countering everything and generally if you aren’t a retard and play smart there’s no reason to get sniped that often. It’s a bit spy friendly also which can make it shit for medics, but also serves to counter the sniping for teams that don’t have snipers that can match up.

Compared to all the other shit that’s being proposed, viaduct is 10* better. I’d probably rather start fading out non-standard maps than putting new ones in, but if the administration are insistant on a flow of new maps then I’d gladly see viaduct replace a shit map like well/turbine/gorge.

The thing I like about viaduct is that it’s pretty much instantly familiar whilst still a brand new game type. It has a mid battle that feels familiar, back and fourth capping ala. 5cp maps, and the map is small with only one control point so very easy for teams to grasp quickly.

MNM tbh. No better candidate.

gniedler

T4F
FuDoo :>

in addition to cmw’s post, demos: http://www.esportsea.com/index.php?s=league&d=schedule&date=2010-04-20&game_id=43&division_level=invite

pena

Shitmap

Defur

+1

Americans only play viaduct because it suits their lack of game sense.

jukebox

broder

do want viaduct instead of gorge

pyyyour

The map puts more emphasis on DM skills and is a lot more intense.

You should definitely include the map. It is a riot. We are playing Gullywash in a few weeks as well.

However stay away from Coldfront/Mainline.

FlasH

cp_badlands
cp_granary
cp_mainline_rcwhatever
cp_coldfront_rcwhatever
koth_viaduct(!)
cp_follower
cp_gravel pit

l l l

By gamesense, do you mean the fact we let go of the w key when we jump?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »