Forum

Anti Cheat - What would you improve?

Created 8th March 2010 @ 18:58

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 31 Next »

ih

ESL Aequitas/Wire works fine imo. It creates complete copy of your cfg folder, logs every program that turns on and off during the game, and takes a few screenshots. Only drawback is that you have to upload it to match page yourself, and therefore it can be modified.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from ih

ESL Aequitas/Wire works fine imo. It creates complete copy of your cfg folder, logs every program that turns on and off during the game, and takes a few screenshots.

Aequitas is probably the best bet, but it is the most easy to get around though (incredibly easy tbh).

ih

then there is no effective protection: we all use cheats and see who has the best.

-father, i have sinned.
-say what, my child?
-i used aimbot and wallhack in official wars…
-did you win?
-yes
-then may it be forgiven, my child

:S

octochris

(0v0)

well yes, but aequitas is particularly easy to circumvent.

i just think that if we’re going to get an anti-cheat at all it should be one that at least does a job that requires some level of conscious thought that might provoke a “do i really want to do this” thought from the less braindead of the cheaters.

SfynX

T2P

anti cheating is a difficult area to maintain unless you have a dedicated program that you can use to monitor the use of common hacks, i love esl wire, however with the the current issues such as performance its difficult to make it standard.

Althought there is a huge advantage with having a dedicated team, research.
find the most used hacks and find a fault which will allow the user to prove another users hacking!

AnAkkk

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Aequitas is probably the best bet, but it is the most easy to get around though (incredibly easy tbh).

You probably have no idea of how Aequitas work.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

You probably have no idea of how Aequitas work.

That is potentially true because I’ve never used it personally, but from what I’ve read it looks pretty manipulable.

trams

-><-

After reading this thread its obvious that many players dont want a klient side program.

But noone has spoken badly about serverside so maybe this is the way to go?

1. We need a good AC team, I believe the admins are already on top of this and are recruiting new admins.

2 We need a server plugin, one is already in develop http://dblocker.didrole.com/ , can admins contact him and ask what he need to develop it further? detection of triggerbots and not be able to see the other teams health(if your not a spy) would be awesome.

JimmyBreeze

k^m

Aequitas is a piece of shit. I enjoyed playing against Payard cheating more than I did having to play through Aequitas stealing focus/crashing/lagging me and my players and then having to explain and “prove” crashes on the match pages to avoid penalty points. What a chore.

At least you could reliably beat Payard. Aequitas, in my experience, was a far more effective “hack”, crashing me to desktop or freezing my game when I was holding uber, for example.

Haven’t used Wire, but why the feature bloat? We don’t want another friends list or video streaming or ads. Can you turn that shit off?

That AC programs are so bad to use that it makes it feel a bit like DRM “protection”. You only inconvenience those who are the non-cheaters, the vast majority of players, and threaten them with penalty points. For the smart hackers/pirates, it’s just another onion skin, as someone quite rightly pointed out before, for them to have fun peeling off.

What a shame there isn’t a simple, light and easy to use alternative (to my knowledge) that we could at least look to as a model of a good client. Looking at how bad a piece of software Aequitas is, I guess the problem is that these things are very difficult to put together. I don’t think ETF2L comes close to having the resources needed to develop and maintain our own.

The answer lies elsewhere, I think. We probably have to come to terms that even our best answer will be far from a perfect one.

Smofo

Im THAT good!

Someone spoke to the guy from EAC yet?

atreides

Force certain netsettings (rate > 25000, cmdrate=66,updaterate=66, …) for

1. POV demos of better quality to judge the performance

2. Allows players with good connection to at least not being at a disadvantage

Additionally encourage Valve to improve the demofeature (changing interp. accordingly,…)

Serious Cat

PaC

– The only proper way to do AC is to have the trained human eye looking at (full) demos.
– I’m vehemently opposed to running a program that logs what I do on my PC and sends that information somewhere. That’s an invasion of privacy for one, plus it has legal implications for the person(s) storing that data as well.
– Thinking you can code an AC program that will improve anything is a mistake. If it was that easy, Valve’s VAC (for example) would’ve been flawless.

Most of all: it works better to ‘reward’ honesty than to ‘punish’ delinquency.

compton

cvx|

Quoted from Serious Cat

– The only proper way to do AC is to have the trained human eye looking at (full) demos.
– I’m vehemently opposed to running a program that logs what I do on my PC and sends that information somewhere. That’s an invasion of privacy for one, plus it has legal implications for the person(s) storing that data as well.
– Thinking you can code an AC program that will improve anything is a mistake. If it was that easy, Valve’s VAC (for example) would’ve been flawless.

Most of all: it works better to ‘reward’ honesty than to ‘punish’ delinquency.

If you don’t have technical knowledge, don’t make technical arguments on AC programs, please. Your fears about privacy are valid, but your post also screams of misinformation and cluelessness.

flix

n2o

Quoted from atreides

Force certain netsettings (rate > 25000, cmdrate=66,updaterate=66, …) for

1. POV demos of better quality to judge the performance

2. Allows players with good connection to at least not being at a disadvantage

Additionally encourage Valve to improve the demofeature (changing interp. accordingly,…)

quad

Quoted from flix

[…]

Prob is, some people (like me) gets high chokes at 25000 (like 30)
I have to set mine at 60000 and still get 6 choke..

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 31 Next »