Forum

Default date, always 21cet?

Created 28th February 2010 @ 20:47

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Hurmukka

FAP!
-[S2L]

Hello everyone, i was wondering about the default date; times especially. Our team (div2 breeze) are all-Fin and we’re cet +1h. We had an disagreement with our opponent about the game time, they said 21.15cet and we said 20cet. We contacted an admin who said that default time is always 21cet, i read this as a rule they’ve made which cannot be changed.

Today i found that they suggest default time 20cet when both teams are Finnish, i snooped around and found out that it is not always 21cet according to one of etf2l admins.

To clarify why 21cet is considered a bit too late of a time to be starting a game here in Finland.
When we start at 21cet, it’s always like 21.15-21.30cet when the game eventually begins. With the map change, toilet breaks etc. the game ends somewhere around 22.30-22.45cet. Now some of you who are reading this are probably thinking you or some of your teammates are in the same timezone and they have no problem playing so late. Atleast here in Finland we have ppl who work for a living and have to wake up as early as 03.00-05.00cet. It’s a bit discouraging to be forced to start a game so late.

Anyway, it seems like here on etf2l when both teams are Finnish the default time of 20cet is deemed fair and when only one of the teams is Finnish 21cet is forced upon.

I was wondering if it were possible to perhaps consider the possibility to change the default time to 20.30cet when only one team is “Finnish”?

I bet there are others who are in the same timezone who have to wake up early in the morning and are fed up with the not so nice ppl who only whine when you are telling them to Ready up because you have an early wake up call. It’s always nice to go to bed just a bit angry and looking forward to the next “21cet” game ;)

Cheers and love you all, be gentle please. ;)

Menace

wat

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

The default match time for the league is 21CET yes, but an admin using some common sense will assign the best possible time that will suit both times.

Personally, when setting a default date, I try to balance it between timezones if there is +2 or more hours difference between the teams. People just need to bear in mind the default match time when they sign up for the league. There was a Russian team last season in a +6hr timezone, and they wanted to play games at 16CET…..

It’s mostly common sense imo :)

randa

i dont beleive there should be a default time, it should be mutually agreed between the teams and if they cant agree then an admin should assign an appropriate time.

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

0_o

gryzor

21CET means 22 for the finns and 20 for the tea-drinkers. This time is rooted waaay back. More people can play overall and there is always the option to negotiate with the other team. Believe it or not, most teams actually DO want to play the game and are quite forthcoming in making reasonable changes to the start-time when asked. One might like to see 20:30CET as default, but I believe the UK’ers would have some objections “having” to start their games 19:30GMT and that’s understandable.

Thing is it’s true the other way around. Some people come home from work around 20cet and therefore 20cet/20:30cet is f***ing early. Some people simply CAN’T play at 20cet, or won’t have a warmup etc. You CAN play at 21cet.

compton

cvx|

Quoted from d2m

The default match time for the league is 21CET yes, but an admin using some common sense will assign the best possible time that will suit both times.

Personally, when setting a default date, I try to balance it between timezones if there is +2 or more hours difference between the teams. People just need to bear in mind the default match time when they sign up for the league. There was a Russian team last season in a +6hr timezone, and they wanted to play games at 16CET…..

It’s mostly common sense imo :)

I didn’t even know ETF2L does this. Admins ftw!

ambra

21 cet
dem russkies shall not play into a EUROPEAN league if theyre not ok with the 21 cet

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Peio

Thing is it’s true the other way around. Some people come home from work around 20cet and therefore 20cet/20:30cet is f***ing early. Some people simply CAN’T play at 20cet, or won’t have a warmup etc. You CAN play at 21cet.

+1 I can very much relate to that.. I hate playing without a descent warmup. And I think 21:00 is most common timetable.

Froz3n

It´s not always 21 CET :) We had already 21.30 CET and 20.00 CET so I would go for the solution that an admin try to get an hour that is good to both teams ;)

Haunter

if u want a fair time to play, dont wait for the default date and schedule your game before? if one team wants 20cet and the other at 21cet, play at 20:30

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from Haunter

if u want a fair time to play, dont wait for the default date and schedule your game before? if one team wants 20cet and the other at 21cet, play at 20:30

well we are in that situation at the moment, the team want 20, we said 20.30, but thats too late for them, so your idea doesnt always work m8 :(

edit: we just got a default date and it says 20:30, I take it the admins read the page :)

Haunter

Quoted from dougiie

[…]

well we are in that situation at the moment, the team want 20, we said 20.30, but thats too late for them, so your idea doesnt always work m8 :(

edit: we just got a default date and it says 20:30, I take it the admins read the page :)

well, if u let a game go into the default date, someone will have problems anyway

Hurmukka

FAP!
-[S2L]

Quoted from Haunter

Well the thing is, the team who want 21cet has no need to budge here since they know an admin will set the default 21cet.

I also see Default Date admins giving 20.30cet, much appreciated.

Add A Reply Pages: 1