Forum

Moderate recruitment.

Created 14th January 2010 @ 22:31

Add A Reply Pages: 1

kaidus

WiK?

It’s really really messy with tonnes of ads that have been left open despite the player being clanned ages ago.

ilike2spin

RLM

Definitely true

Slick

Epsilon

Yes! maybe an auto delete upon join team?

AnimaL

Yes! maybe an auto delete upon join team?

lol

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

It’s difficult to put anything automatic like that in because some players may join a team just to help them out, whilst still looking out for a new team. I’ll see what can be done.

Chubbsta

Maybe as default if no activity has taken place on the thread for x amount of time (say 3 weeks) it goes inactive.

This would also probably mean you would need another search criteria, “Active” and “Inactive”, with it set to “Active” by default.

Just a thought :)

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

A player who joined a team could recieve a message to delete their own recruitment post or not? if something like this is possible

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Well part of the reason for the new recruitment system was to stop people bumping topics endlessly, there shouldn’t be any need to bump recruitment posts now because people searching should be doing so by skill and class, which return relatively few results.

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Excellent suggestion Warmaster, I’ll pass it on to the website coders.

Gaz

TPS

instead of deleting mabey its rather more usefull to just have an option to temporary close the recuitment topic?

sKaz

KP

It’s difficult to put anything automatic like that in because some players may join a team just to help them out, whilst still looking out for a new team. I’ll see what can be done.

maybe you should remove a recruitment that isn’t active, if no one posted on it for the last week it will be removed automatically. but a day before (6 days that no one has posted on that recruitment) it will send a mail to that current player[Player not found] or leaders of the clan[clan recruitments] and notice them to post a comment in their recruitment or close it if they don’t need it OR IT WILL BE CLOSED AUTOMATICALLY.

?

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Gaz you’re right, when I said deleted I meant closed, as you can see the recruitment topics show previous recruitment threads by those players / clans.
Skaz, a weekly reminder is a great idea that I’ve passed on as well, but I don’t want to relate the usefulness of a recruitment thread to how many people are posting on it. It doesn’t matter if no one has posted on a thread in 3 weeks, if that player is still looking then they’re still looking. Posting should ideally be limited to updates of information (new contact details etc) or testimonials from people who have played with the player/clan.

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

A player who joined a team could recieve a message to delete their own recruitment post or not? if something like this is possible

This has been in place since the start, or it was intended to at least. Dunno why it doesn’t work.

Add A Reply Pages: 1