Forum

To Valve...

Created 11th January 2010 @ 14:41

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »

kira!

xen
don\\\'t

We’re expecting Valve to make some tweaks to the new weapons soon, and are in contact with them regarding the issue. If you have any suggestions, please make them in a succinct and reasonable manner and we will pass the best articulated suggestions on to Valve.

I suggest, that TDH must not hit players with mini-crits, who are just doing a simple jump(or duck+jump), but mini-crit players when they are in air, where you can`t be after doing a simple jump :)

xzr

get out.

RaCio

GoT²

2) Move “The Chargin Targe” to Grenade Launcher slot

No thanks

Not only would that be way to strong, the targe is supposed to take the slot of the sticky launcher for obvious reasons. It gives an advanced movement technique to replace sticky jumping (both m2). Also I don’t see any need of moving it from the sticky launcher slot.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Xzar, please don’t bother posting if you can’t say something constructive.

We want to hear player’s feedback about the unlocks so we can include any thoughts and feelings from the ETF2L community in our correspondence with Valve.

xzr

anyone with some common sense will probably come up with a fair few horrid scenarios of targe+stickies+sword demomen

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

anyone with some common sense will probably come up with a fair few horrid scenarios of targe+stickies+sword demomen

But it doesn’t mean you have to troll a thread where some useful suggestions may occur.

With regards to the height of minicrits with TDH, I’ve already suggested briefly that it should be raised to at minimum the height of the apex of a scout’s double jump.

All suggestions and ideas are welcome. Constructive criticism of people’s ideas is also welcome. Infantile and stupid comments are unwelcome.

gryzor

Doesn’t that kind of make the very low splash-zone weapon called the TDH useless? One can’t splash and constantly jumping scouts won’t die in a single shot — what good is the TDH then? Sit and wait for people to rj/pj and hopefully hit them this single instance midair? Awesome thinking there!

I don’t know whether to cry or laugh.

Pyle

Why not remove the mini crits ? I mean, it is far easier to mid-air with TDH instead of the RL and above that they reward you with a mini crit ?

In return you can raise the body hit dmg so it won’t do under for the normal RL.

Just thinking here..

nbik

ePrem

Doesn’t that kind of make the very low splash-zone weapon called the TDH useless? One can’t splash and constantly jumping scouts won’t die in a single shot — what good is the TDH then? Sit and wait for people to rj/pj and hopefully hit them this single instance midair? Awesome thinking there!

It still kills scouts in a single shot, even without them being in the air.

My personal opinion about DTH is that it shouldn’t one-shot 4 classes out of 9, at least leave them with 10 hp or something.

r1k

Syn

Why not remove the mini crits ? I mean, it is far easier to mid-air with TDH instead of the RL and above that they reward you with a mini crit ?

In return you can raise the body hit dmg so it won’t do under for the normal RL.

Just thinking here..

I like this Idea :)

tal

10kB

I would make dh min crit hight around the middle of the normal jump height so that players caught in the jumping would get a crit while stepping of a border, or just walking down the hill wouldn’t bring you 1 shot death.

Pyle

Ever used your shotgun ? If you hit the shots, a scout is dead in no time… And you forget there is 1 soldier with TDH and 1 with normal, and besides that… How fair is a 1 shot 1 kill except for making headshots with a sniper rifle in a game where hitmodels act strange ?

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

I would make it so that only people propelled into the air by explosives ie. rocket/sticky jumping people or people being bounced get minicritted. As well as an increase on the minimum height of course.

Pyle

The thing that I hate most is that they give mini crits to TDH when you walk up a stair and they shoot you from above… Or is it just me ? I can just swear I got 1 shotted multiple times since the update because I walked up a stair and a solly with TDH was waiting on top there…

RaCio

GoT²

Ever used your shotgun ? If you hit the shots, a scout is dead in no time…

That was not his point. His point was that the normal launcher would be much better then tdh. With the normal launcher you can juggle scouts, hit them easier and finish them off with the shotgun even if you didn’t hit a direct rocket on them.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »