Forum

The RUSSIAN ROULETTE Fun Cup

Created 26th November 2009 @ 18:48

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Slick

Epsilon

Bored and probably stupid idea BUT

Basically, this came up when i was reading the various posts from players whining about so and so taking the medic class when the medic died, or demo etc…

Well what if a Cup existed where, u never knew exactly what class you would play until just before the game?
So rules stay the same just as ETF2L does now for the league.
6v6 etc… MAX 8 players in roster BUT just before the game, a roulette takes place an assigns a class to each player in the roster. Imagine a game where it would show known players playing other classes and be interesting how they play it. Say Kynnel for SCOUT! or wltrs for DEMO, bash for medic….
Dignitas vs pwr with all different classes…… which team is more versatile?

Anyhows bored… :D

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Haha, that sounds quite intruiging. How would the system work? Just a web script that randomly chooses classes?

I’d say exclude medics, to make it interesting.

Gideon

In russian roulette someone need to die :D

Slick

Epsilon

yea D2M, it would be the only way to make this work :) Requires some work sadly… but i definately think it would be the exact defination of a “FUN” cup. And not many other games allow this possibility.

Their is of course some issues, the prob of the roster, you would have to limit to some number so that when the random classes are handed out they cant fiddle about according to what classes they need. Their is also the medic prob, where the medic might fall on a player not playing. So that would probably be another thing.
^^^^^^
That could be fixed though by having the team when launching the roulette, selecting the 6 players that are playing tonight by simply hitting a box next to the player, then switching on the roulette.

nightmare

L00

Sounds really awesome,if such a cup starts I would totally sign us up.

Fuck yeah I’d sign up :D

Bubbles1

sounds fun, i hope this happens.

RaCio

GoT²

Or you could let the opponent choose your classes :D

baerbel

trick17
trick17

both ideas sounds really fun :D

David

Haha, that sounds quite intruiging. How would the system work? Just a web script that randomly chooses classes?

I’m sure it could be done in IRC, the pickupbot does something close to what he is asking

skiter

WDW
starlight

sounds awesome
do want!

NeoN

boys

Check this server out:
213.157.84.202:27015

Server randomly gives you class at respawn (it doesnt change on selfkill, until enemy kills you), it even gives you RANDOM weapons :D medics with RL, StickyLauncher are usual thing :)

Get in contact with mod creator and use class randomizer feature

Slick

Epsilon

Yea cept it would be cool if the same player keeps the same class he recieved for the whole game. Too much changes becomes stupid and not worth a official game anymore. The idea is to keep it competitive but force the player to have another role before the game. He can be lucky or QUITE UNLUCKY :)

I like the choosing the opponent part as well BUT, i do like the chance/luck factor of actually getting the class u want which is possible with roulette :)

Brilliant idea. I think a lot of people miss out on a lot of fun by only playing 1 or 2 classes!

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »