Forum

Best of each division tournament

Created 11th November 2009 @ 02:55

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

kurt

trick17
trick17

As you know awards are being given by poll after each season for single players and teams. What about a little cup after the season to find out which team is really the best of their division? I think especially for the lower divisions (6-4) this could provide some interesting games when each team is most likely at the peak of their capability. Just take the two teams that came in first in each division and put them in bracket. Of course taking part in this competion would not be mandatory. What do you think?

agron

Relic

The polls dont lie, silly. Shintaz is the best scout in europe, hands down.

SfynX

T2P

tbh tis a waste of time and they dont gain anything, just do a poll.

kurt

trick17
trick17

Do you mind telling me what this has got to do with my proposal to held a tournament?

Swarley

cool^m

Might be fun :)

agron

Relic

Do you mind telling me what this has got to do with my proposal to held a tournament?

Thread’s named “Polls Lie”.
First sentence: “As you know awards are being given by poll after each season for single players and teams.”

You imply the end of season polls are not a valid way of choosing the MVP and best teams. I obviously agree but chose to be sarcastic about it.

(Hint: Shintaz is baaaad (hi shin) yet he was voted #1. Thus we can conclude the polls indeed “lie”. They are a popularity vote. If you want to pick the best team of div2/3/4 etc, you’d have to do a tourney like you suggested.)

Did i spell it out for you enough?

That said, the idea ain’t new. No one just cares that much about the matter to lobby for a cup like this.

Jh

Hey dats!

qui gives a shit?

Extremer

qui gives a shit?

hi jh sniper of the season )))))

Jh

Hey dats!

qui gives a shit?

hi jh sniper of the season )))))

sup best gamer of teh season?!?!?!?!

hatE

YOYO\'

The polls don’t lie.. It really does what it’s supposed to do.

The lift all the star / known-players infront of the other fairly decent or kickass peoples like it’s supposed to do.
Making jealousy spread among the players.
Which might fire up a few players, but probably makes more feel bad about themselves.

http://etf2l.org/2009/10/19/etf2l-ladder-test-phase-nations-cup-quarter-finals/

polls dont lie, agron ragin cos kynnel wins him
actually george bush was the president for a number of years…
am I really that bad :(

On topic, polls are the best way to sort out who the public think are best, the tournament itself is to find out who is “the best” in that division.

Evil

Lying Polish pricks

kurt

trick17
trick17

Oh boy i really picked the wrong title for this thread. It was supposed to encourage a discussion about a tournament which i proposed in my initial statement not the question if a poll is a decent thing to determine whos the best medic/whatever…
Could an admin please edit the title of this thread (maybe something like who is the best of each devision) because this way it will lead to nothing but offtalk…

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Do you mean you want the top 2 teams from each division to then play all the other top 2 teams in a cup? Because the top 2 teams in each division already play each other during the season.

toasty.

PHX

wtf is going in this thread?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »