Created 28th December 2016 @ 18:13

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

MoistPenguin

TC

Please use this thread to offer your feedback on:

– cp_warmfront
– koth_bagel_b3a
– cp_edifice_rc1
– Playing gamesmode that are not 5cp or koth in 6v6.
– The structure/schedule of the cup

Twiggy

swole.
HL

Hi,

– Playing gamesmode that are not 5cp or koth in 6v6.

I’m all for playing gamemodes that are not 5cp. I would like to see more koth play on other maps than viaduct, may it be replacing viaduct for something else or having multiple koth maps in the map pool.

I like attack/defense, but unlocks play is going to make capping points a nightmare, especially vaccinator and rescue ranger.
The same can be said for payload modes.

I’m all for playtesting a good looking and well designed copy of gravelpit in a cup but i do not want that gamemode in a season.

Aoshi

(Legend)
:think:
GRAHAM

Quoted from Twiggy

I’m all for playtesting a good looking and well designed copy of gravelpit in a cup but i do not want that gamemode in a season.

Why make that assessment before you even try it? Apart from that I recon the unlocks will not break the whole gamemode…

Generally speaking the unlocks will allow different playstyles. As long as they aren’t straight up broken/bugged they should definitely be fine. Of course, this kind of cup is here to test that.

caeli

#T4F

Why don’t we give obscure another chance?

Twiggy

swole.
HL

Quoted from Aoshi

[…]

Why make that assessment before you even try it? Apart from that I recon the unlocks will not break the whole gamemode…

Generally speaking the unlocks will allow different playstyles. As long as they aren’t straight up broken/bugged they should definitely be fine. Of course, this kind of cup is here to test that.

Well I’m all for testing it as I said. I’ll do my best to abuse as much as possible the unlocks to see whether it’s fun, dynamic or effective defending this way.

What I mean by breaking the gamemode is that allowed unlocks give defenders an advantage. For example things like vaccinator, rescue ranger, sandvich all add defensive power to a team.

But my main reason to not have it in a season is that when gravelpit (or turbine) was around, nobody would scrim it until the official week. When it was done, nobody would play it again until the next season.

I think that adding a koth map instead will give more incentive to teams to scrim on koth maps. Team leaders won’t be like ‘oh we play viaduct only 2 times out of 14, let’s yolo it)’ anymore.

maly

KARAS

Quoted from caeli

Why don’t we give obscure another chance?

Pls no

drft_

LfK

How to cup works , like the stages

Chill Collins

Is it possible to play edifice as a decider instead of warmfront if both teams agree? WF is at least somewhat decent compared to that AD shtifest.

Kraken

-koth_bagel_b3a
Out of the 3 maps I felt this was by far the best and really enjoyed playing it, personally I feel that it would be a successful map in the map pool. I would propose removing Badlands from the pool since I find stalemates the worse on the map and feel it’s worse to play and watch that style of play, regardless of the changed map, I would prefer having 2 koth maps in the pool still. The only issue I find with the map is that as you come out of spawn, the middle entrance has no purpose at all, rollout or the round. I think it should be changed with a quicker route to link to right side. For me too, the small pack by point (outside of connector, right side as you rollout) should be changed to a large health pack and the pack further back be changed to a small pack.

-cp_warmfront
This map should never be considered for 6s, or highlander, simply because pushing out of anywhere is a struggle; the attacking team have advantage in every sense. It felt the only way you could win a round after losing mid is if the other team mess up somewhere. There’s too much wrong about this map that it couldn’t be adapted

-cp_edifice_rc1
With people playing the map more and a lot more changes, I can see this map being successful but gravelpit is better. Everything felt too open and massively controlled by soldiers. The walk to A/B is too long too

-other gamemodes
Bringing other game-modes into the game is something that should be done, but edifice is not the way to go. Attack and defend does have potential, I find gravelpit great and would love that to be introduced. Payload maps could also be considered, such as pl_swiftwater

-structure of cup
I think in the future there should be a poll put up where people can vote from e.g. 6 maps where 3 are chosen. If the community are onboard of it too, give older maps a retry too. When playing it in the map pool I cp_sunshine was disliked but appears to have grown popularity, although some still hate it. cp_metalworks could too be an option.

-related to how etf2l runs
On top of voting for preseason maps, there could be a poll where people rate the maps, if any maps show a large popularity introduce or consider them into the map pool (e.g. 8/10 average rating or higher). When changing a map too, I hate how the map that tends to be swapped is the map that was introduced the season before, not giving the map a fair chance

Last edited by Kraken,

Sprite

After playing the first round of the cup (group stages i guess) I felt that the gravelpit style map was the most fun to play

-Cp_warmfront

My beef with this map is that you can snipe far back on mid deep into 2nd point so if you lose a round and don’t win the next mid the team with the round advantage can just not push, put a heavy on the house and have a sniper and it means before the losing team even gets anywhere close to getting onto mid they’re taking damage, soldiers can spam doorways and completely shut down the map from miles away, this isn’t a good map for 6s when people already complain about the stalematey meta there is

-Koth_Bagel_b3a

I liked this map but I felt it was a bit odd to play and that viaduct was a much better koth map (and probably always will) its too big and open and 2/3 of the entrances to mid leave you on lowground so it’s only really viable to push out one entrance with your combo aswell as the other 2 being again in a huge sniper sightline, its good in the fact that it’s open for soldiers to roam around on and theres alot of different highground to hold which made it more balanced for other classes, i’d like some of the highground to be more accessible by other classes though *cough*med*cough* and there to be more ammo and health kits around the map and to shorten the walk from spawn to mid, theres a big clusterfawk of connectors from spawn to mid which are so unneccesary and the mid entrance to mid can only be accessed by going through the left doorway anyway so it’s pointless the space before that, if the creator was going for easier cap times and less contesting from the opponent he should just extend the spawn times or make it cap faster.

-Cp_edifice_rc1

Personally I really enjoyed playing edifice because there was no room for stalemates, the blue team had to push whilst the red team defended if they wanted to win, i’d like to see either this or gravelpit in next seasons map pool, it proposes the same idea as payload maps in the sense that one team has to make things happen and not just never peak or push for 30 minutes. the map is really open but it’s easy to rotate your combo over to each point if you hold correctly and there is enough flank routes to each point that the enemy team can also do the same meaning there is always going to be diversity in the strategy as in holds or pushes and how teams approach each point which I found to be the most fun part of the map, there is alot of cluster as well though mostly to deny sniper sightlines so i’d maybe like some rework on that or some changes to the entrances to each point from both attacking and defending teams as it seems that if you’re on one point as the defender you need to watch a large amount of things on each point.

The spire also I feel should be changed, if you fall off it’s a really long walk for both teams to get back up, pushing the spire on blue is awkward to get your heals on top of the spire so if you don’t suicide players on the point it takes a complete wipe from red to really take control of.

If I had to drop one map and pick up another in next season i’d drop reckoner and add edifice or bagel (maybe both tbh could use more maps in the pool)

letto

cp_warmfront:
Map generally works, only dislike the last that is very big, bland and boring. The low ceiling makes suicides very hard and all the entrances are basically the same and on the same height. Also there is hardly any ammo. Also sniper sightlines on middle.
cp_edifice:
Very interesting map imo., I like that a Hold is feasable on both A and B, rotating between those is also very easy. A/D in general leads to a lot of action and is fun to spectate. C has multiple entrances on different heights and an elevated lobby for attackers which i like, at the same time the defenders can claim the lobby and hold from there which makes different holds possible. I would like to see the point cap a lot faster though.
cp_bagel:
I don’t like how cramped this map is, and also the nipple in the middle makes walking over the point as demo not feasable because you’re on lowground, don’t see anything and people can get onto you very easily. This makes midfights pretty awkward.
I like the idea of fighting vertically over the point as oppposed to horizontally on viaduct, another positive aspect is that the big lobby area allows for forward holds
For changes i’d like to see the point lowered a bit, as well as the mid more stretched out.

I think edifice with faster cap time on c as well as warmfront with a complete last redesign would both work in a season.

Don’t make polls which maps to add/remove, it would result in the same scenario as the end of season popularity awards. The gameplay should be orientated by the way it’s played by the top players because they know what aspects make a map fast paced and fun to play and spectate.

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Quoted from Twiggy

[…]

But my main reason to not have it in a season is that when gravelpit (or turbine) was around, nobody would scrim it until the official week. When it was done, nobody would play it again until the next season. .

as a side note I think this is mostly down to the AB BA decider format that afaik has always been used – it never fit in scrim scheduling, and it’s not fun to play the same map 3 times. It can end up being between 45 and 60 mins, that’s just not acceptable, and not only that, if you are going to roll a team, it’s still gonna be 30 mins, which isn’t fun for anyone really.

the point is no matter which way you go ab ba decider means ad maps sometimes take twice as long, that’s why nobody ever scrimmed on it, or ever really will unless something changes. It’s basically wasted scrim time.

I really think in order to ever bring AD back, it should be just one round, it’s arguable that this isn’t fair for whoever has to defend/attack first, but you still have that issue on the decider round anyway(?)

StellarHoxy

PORG

– koth_bagel_b3a
This map is by far my favorite from the preseason cup. It’s not as scout-dominated as Product and also less open, but it is something that should not replace Product but still get in. My team and me love Bagel so far and we hope it gets into the season.

– cp_warmfront
While I don’t downright dislike it, there are some significant flaws with this map that need to be catered for it to be a viable option. For 1, there’s some pretty big sightlines to mid from rollout, making sniper to mid considerable, for 2 the high ground over the point is unbalanced, but also too easy to fall off, and finally the last doesn’t have many advantageous positions, leaving it very open and worse than Reckoner.

– cp_edifice_rc1
I really do not think this map belongs into 6s, as it is basically a bigger, more open version of Gravelpit. With the scarce amount of players, one point has to be given up, and makes skill in offclasses basically necessary. If a different gamemode than 5cp or koth makes it into 6v6, it’s not through this map.

bum

Dancer

bagel is good and edifice has potential if the spire is less of a troll maze

Netsky

– missing Preseason Cup Home page to look up the relevant info, instead of searching for the news

– bagel was fun to play for a KOTH map. I prefer it over product. Interesting transition area between spawn and middle.

– edifice is rather weird but I am glad I had the chance to play it. Reminds me A LOT of gravelpit (not only because of the gamemode, but the general design). could be viable for the season.

– warmfront was … well I have known the map before and I simply don’t like certain areas, like the last cp. Could be a little bit smaller in area. Middle is a lot of fun imho :)

Last edited by Netsky,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »