Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

MoistPenguin

TC

Please use this thread to offer your feedback on:

– Weapon Pickups
– Reckoner vs Sunshine
– koth_forge_b3
– The addition of the Pomson 6000 and Brass Beast to the whitelist

We welcome any feedback on the above changes, or on any changed weapons already allowed from Season 24. Please make sure you have tried these weapons in a competitive setting before giving feedback.

Please remember that “this weapon is broken and OP” or “this weapon is dumb” is not helpful feedback for us, and an explanation of why the weapon should be banned, for example, would be better.

Chronos

BMS

I would like to see more variation to the map pool than sunshine or reckoner. It makes things very stale

Last edited by Chronos,

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from Chronos

I would like to see more variation to the map pool than sunshine or reckoner. It makes things very stale

The point of choosing those two maps now is to hear from the community’s opinion yet again after properly having played Reckoner for a season now to know which of the maps should be kept here to stay as both of them got a good amount of reworking during the offseason.

Whether would that be a finalized Sunshine or a progressing Reckoner is what we’d like to hear, or even koth_forge if it proves itself to work enough well as a second KOTH map. Maybe we might not make any change at all from last season either!

MrSmithers

doggo

i mean, we could have them both and not granary?

oh well

can pomson still hit multiple people, cause if so surely that can just just kill a last push

Kona-chan

-[PL]-

May any team join?

Fuxx

REMOVE

Like all laser weapons I absolutely despise the shitty hitboxes, visuals and firing sound. I really wouldn’t like a glitchy, unfaithful and deceiving arsenal be given the same kind of respect that hitscan and explosive projectiles do. They’re badly designed in terms of combat use.

That said they’re not OP at all and will likely not see any usage asides from memes.

BRASILGORILA99

I would enjoy if both reckoner and sunshine could make it in, they are both great maps, but I can’t see many people accepting to remove one of the 4 “meta” maps (badlands, process, snakewater, gullywash). Maybe we could remove granary, who knows…

Fuxx

REMOVE

Honestly, I think we value the traditional maps way too much. Teams are experts in badlands but still completely clueless in product for example, a map that’s been around for ages. This becomes self-evident when we compare EU Prem with NA Invite.

The competitive can only evolve if we force ourselves out of our comfort zones and learn how to master new maps, which pure and simply hasn’t been the case.

phi

TINT

Hi. I’m the mapmaker of both Sunshine and Reckoner. I’m thankful you took the decision to test both maps but I have a few thoughts on what you may be doing for next season.

I don’t wish to see Reckoner being replaced by Sunshine. If another map (like Forge) seems to be “better”, then do what you must. But I dislike this “replace one map for another for one season, then kick the new map out for the one that it replaced” idea that leagues have had in the past. Reckoner’s only had one season to mature and I fear that if it’s voted out on the basis that people are inexperienced with it, then you might not even consider future versions.

You can’t get people to like new maps by only having them play one season of it. Sunshine grew on NA players because ESEA has kept it in for so many seasons, and it was allowed to grow off of feedback. The first Reckoner season here gave similar reactions as the first Sunshine season: very polarized, and not many people approaching me telling me what was wrong.

Sunshine was replaced after a number of seasons due to documented issues that I have addressed with the official version. If you replace a map, especially one in development, there should be documented reasons as to WHY so that it can be FIXED (like Sunshine was). The new Sunshine is the best it’s ever been, and it’s up to you to decide what you want to do with it. But replacing Reckoner with Sunshine isn’t something I want to see and if there are no other maps to replace, then I guess Sunshine might have to be left out.

The thing is: people are going to like to play the “old” maps more than new ones no matter what the new map is, simply because they’re more comfortable. Why not imagine the pool as a chunk of “old” maps and the one “new” map (Reckoner) and try to decide what the least favored “old” map is (Granary?) instead of just defaulting to “the new map is the worst map”?

I get that Reckoner is not as smooth to play as the older maps. I’m not saying it’s better than the older maps, not at all. I’m saying that new maps can’t go anywhere if they’re not given a chance along with good, detailed feedback about what exactly people feel is wrong with them.

Sorry for the essay. I have had a lot of thoughts about this recently and it’s stressful watching everything without putting my own words into the discussion.

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Thanks for the feedback, phi.

The reason on why Reckoner was chosen in the first place for Season 24 over Sunshine was due to the poll results of what we gathered from the last preseason cup (etf2l.org/2016/05/01/have-your-voice-opening-polls-for-s24-feedback/), where the majority wanted the map pool to be changed. It’s not really easy for us to decide on what are the 7 perfect maps to play in the league as we get complaints of Sunshine from the prem/high teams, but also get complaints of Granary from the mid/open teams, it is hard for us to please everyone and we do acknowledge of that. Fair note is that both of those maps are only examples, there are similar situations that have happened before Sunshine was even played.

You could also treat this season of Reckoner in a similar way to how Sunshine was handled in the first place with us a year before it was in our main season, back in 2014 we hosted a one night cup for it when the map was in beta version and we did that again in 2015 as a proper cup when the map got in release candidate setting where it was in a perfect state to be up in our main season. While of course Reckoner did not have its own cup in a similar way here, I would still be welcoming of bringing it back later again if we were to take it out. We had done this with Logjam as well after S20 when we replaced it with Granary pro in another cup again, but players found it to not be in a good setting anymore compared to the other maps there are to offer.

Honestly enough I do agree with what you said on the fact that feedback is barely given when maps are on the verge of getting removed from the map pool, I only had heard of people making minor complaints about Sunshine when it was in map pool, and only after it was officially removed people made videos and explanations on why the map was faulty and addressed issues that you have now fixed in the map.

To your big point on what you mentioned of people wanting to play older maps, we did try to take Granary out in the beginning of S23 but that did not work out. We had done that in S20 too with the regular Granary when we actually did take it out for a season with barely any huge riot over it but this year with the pro version the negative feedback that we gained from removing one of the older maps won over and we didn’t want to disappoint more people than we should have. I still feel disappointed in myself for thinking that that was okay to do out of blue, but my thoughts then were similar to what you just addressed yourself.

If you would want to discuss about this situation more regarding the maps in a less public place than these forums then feel free to add me in Steam.

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Along with that huge wall of text, how many Mediguns were picked up yesterday?
Or rather, how many soldiers used the Cow Mangler for the whole day?

We would love to hear your feedback from yesterday as we would plan on possibly making new polls yet again for the upcoming season.

shoras

I’d personally like to play Sunshine next season. The latest update fixed a lot of different issues and made it much more pleasing to play on this map. Reckoner also had some improvements.

Unfortunately, can’t really say anything good about Forge. The only thing I liked about it is that it’s not dominated by Snipers like Viaduct. I still really dislike the map, the way it’s built and the way it looks. Also some areas gave me ridiculous fps drops, which wasn’t pleasing at all.

I personally didn’t have any issues with weapon pickups so far, same for new unlocks and Cow Mangler (no one used those). I would try Cow Mangler if I played Soldier though, but none of my teammates and enemies did.

Last edited by shoras,

Maxi

BRIT

Sunshine and Reckoner were both fun, should be in the season.
Didn’t see any medigun or weapon pickups, maybe people forgot it was allowed.

kabuto

︻デ═一

In future can you please change the timing / duration of rounds when playing a cup.
This was my first cup, and it went on for such a long time without breaks between rounds, that by the time i was playing the second, me, and my entire team felt too fatigued to play at our best, it is extremely exhausting to play such a long amount of time with out breaks, so in future would the ETF2L admins please consider separating the rounds throughout the day with 30 – 1 hour gaps between, so that extended games, games that started later won’t interfere with the next, and that teams and players, can recollect their brains and thoughts before playing the next game so that they don’t feel completely brain-dead.
Thankyou – Ninlop

MrSmithers

doggo

me and my roamer both used full time cow mangler on both maps on forge.

basically we would both rollout right side, stand on our shed (with the ammo pack) and one of us alt-fired at choke, and the other through the window. hit someone from their combo damn near every time.

when we had the point wed sit on their shed and alt-fire at the entrance at that side, one on each side. killed so many pushes. roamer also got an alt fire airshot, so that was pretty fun

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »