Forum

Playoff structure (9v9 stuff, dont bother reading if you hate lolhl xD)

Created 22nd May 2016 @ 04:16

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Steve!

S-O

TBF we could even squeeze it into one week not two with the format you suggested Muuki, but gamers seem to prefer having a really long window to schedule around, just in case they want to delay map picks as long as possible, for some strange reason :>

Oh wait, that’s an issue with our ruleset, not the playoff system!

Last edited by Steve!,

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from Steve!

TBF we could even squeeze it into one week not two with the format you suggested Muuki, but gamers seem to prefer having a really long window to schedule around, just in case they want to delay map picks as long as possible, for some strange reason :>

Oh wait, that’s an issue with our ruleset, not the playoff system!

(League Admin)

you enjoy all that power you have to change things wrong with the league huh?

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Quoted from Muuki

[…]maybe get to playoffs once before talking shit you cuntmonger

edit: sorry, forgot to add the word “retarded” in there

Please watch your language, we would rather not have to ban you from the forums.

Steve!

S-O

Quoted from Muuki

[…]
(League Admin)

you enjoy all that power you have to change things wrong with the league huh?

By all means, feel free to apply. Your shitposts and trolling might be a bit of a limiting factor, though. :D

But yeah, I’m sure the way to reinforce that you want positive changes in the league is to try and shit talk those with the power in said league.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from Steve!

[…]

By all means, feel free to apply. Your shitposts and trolling might be a bit of a limiting factor, though. :D

But yeah, I’m sure the way to reinforce that you want positive changes in the league is to try and shit talk those with the power in said league.

Don’t worry, I don’t see having to do menial tasks in exchange for getting to vote in a democracy being worth the effort, especially if said democracy doesn’t separate constructive feedback from personal experiences with a player¨

edit: also why is a league admin shitposting on a feedback thread? i’d like to see the reasoning behind this action, especially when the post concerns rules of the league you are an admin in, have you considered bringing this up with the admin team if you want a change?

Last edited by Muuki,

Bulow

GG

Nice impartiality, admins :^)

But was my #fuckkaltuu the reason why he never listened to my splendid ideas?!?!?!?!? #fuckkaltuu

Quoted from Bulow

It’s ok Muuki, you tried your best. Playoffs are currently too long, they should be 2 weeks max i.e. 4 team 1st vs 4th, 2nd vs 3rd/3teams with 2nd vs 3red, winner plays 1st. Fix this kkaltuu, right now. It’s literally been about 2 and a half years of these criticisms.

I’ve been saying this for years. It works for the regular season to have a match each week but it’s not good for the playoffs.

MIGHTY BURGER ツ

I agree with your point Muuki, at least on the huge problem that is the absence of team durability at pretty much every level. This hurts the refinement of the metagame, and makes many fights end up being more or less glorified dm-fests.

Also, this tendency to not scrim the team you’ll be playing against out of principle is pretty silly, especially when you consider the tiny size of top level hl. It wouldn’t be a problem in a big scene like CS, but here it makes absolutely no sense from a purely practical perspective.

Last edited by MIGHTY BURGER ツ,

The problem with playoffs at least with the current team mentality of season is over we all quit fuck hl, which I can get behind as I quit every season anyway, would be lessened if you played the playoffs over a shorter length of time.

If everybody was a keen bean and practiced once seasons ended then it wouldn’t matter but in hl it quite frankly doesn’t happen and you’ll struggle people keeping up their scrim routine if they have nothing to play for. I can’t see this having a negative effect if it was implemented.

scrambled

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Tomu

The problem with playoffs at least with the current team mentality of season is over we all quit fuck hl, which I can get behind as I quit every season anyway, would be lessened if you played the playoffs over a shorter length of time.

If everybody was a keen bean and practiced once seasons ended then it wouldn’t matter but in hl it quite frankly doesn’t happen and you’ll struggle people keeping up their scrim routine if they have nothing to play for. I can’t see this having a negative effect if it was implemented.

another alternative fix would be to have more frequent seasons.

Quoted from scrambled

[…]

Sadly that’s not possible

I’m very sorry for anyone expecting me to do stuff, I’ve not taken part of the decision making for a few months now. I’ll try to be more active once my schedule allows it.

Bulow

GG

#thankskkaltuu

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

I think we should stick to blaming kkaltuu honestly… there has been a gap ever since Permzilla left in order to toy around with streamchats. Kappapride

MoistPenguin

TC

Quoted from kKaltUu

I’ll try to be more active once my schedule allows it.

Qnai is very demanding.

Quoted from scrambled

[…]

6s has more seasons and has the same problem. I don’t think we need more hl seasons as it wouldn’t fix anything.

Just teams form faster and people enjoy 6s more.

Last edited by Tomu,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »