Forum

HL S10 Map Test Cup: Unlocks

Created 18th February 2016 @ 22:07

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

WML

btw an unlock thread without Hildreth what is this sorcery…

KesPenguen

Quoted from Fenix

[…]

LOL

How about chooper? Literally the best spy in prem imo.

yes there are few people but its still nothing compare to small loan of a million gun spy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

My only problem is gaving the oppurtunity to deal the sniper to a second sniper just ban the either of theese weapons or dont bother to ban them both of them at the first place and let the current meta continue.

Villdjack

(twisted)
:think:
Nein

what is a gunspy?

Steve!

S-O

Next up: S11 pre-season whitelist: sniper and spy mains are banned from using their dominant hand.

/s

Amby ban isn’t happening, please move on.
Razorback is innocent until proven guilty: it’s banned in the cup in order to see how/if it changes the game environment. Tt won’t necessarily be banned in the season unless there is overwhelming support for that ( poll? ;) ).

Last edited by Steve!,

Grenja

Quoted from Fenix

[…]

LOL

How about chooper? Literally the best spy in prem imo.

Chooper didn’t impress me, a knife heavy style like that is never going to be viable irrelevant of what guns are available just because people aren’t retarded. 64% Backstab percent is just way too much for any decent KP/M or MP/M

Hell, I was awful last season with 47.7 BS%

This isn’t to do with the amby at all I just feel like spies other than Toast really unperformed last season. The fact that the top spy used the amby does not make the amby broken, it just meant he was the only guy actually being good at the game.

OT:
I don’t see Razorback ban lasting long, sure it’s hard to pick a sniper from the combo but its not like he’s completely unspammable. In terms of how it effects spy it shouldn’t really do much even if the ban stuck. Combo knife picks will just turn into combo sniper stabs, increasing the amount of sniper kills for less combo class kills, KPM and BS% should be approximately constant. Maybe a slight shift towards more knife? But even our “gunspies” use as much knife as our “knifespies” do. (See Toasts BS% of ~40%) Furthering the idea that it’s more a skill thing than a playstyle/unlock difference.

adysky

Quoted from KesPenguen

well seems like there is a misunderstanding, higher skill celling ≠ balanced weapon, sure TOMISLAV takes good amount of skill but its still the best unlock for heavy for one reason long range accuracy on close range class i mean its pretty retarded to weapon such as TOMISLAV be in a game balanced araound heavy inaccuracy.It is samething like creating a mini-sniper minigun to deal with everything and playing heavy with TOMISLAV is the most safe and easy game style ever can be, just give me an example of a heavy who plays minigun orianted in prem or top high? no because is underpowered as hell compare to TOMISLAV heavy but like i said….

™katman

sorry i couldnt bother fixing that huge wall of text, but i think it gives you the idea.
unlocks are there and in valve game they will always be there no matter what. i could brag about at least 1 weapon on every class the same way. banning ambassador would be stupid SOLELY on the fact that 95% of player base uses it. Meta changes, get used to playing againts 2 snipers.

Last edited by adysky,

quintosh

wL.

community feedback completly ignored :D

Fenix

^ thats how its done ladies and gentlemens

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from Grenja

[…]In terms of how it effects spy it shouldn’t really do much even if the ban stuck. Combo knife picks will just turn into combo sniper stabs, increasing the amount of sniper kills for less combo class kills, KPM and BS% should be approximately constant.

It’s not about changing the KPM, it’s about changing possibilities for the team. For instance, your team wants to push with a Kritz or Uber advantage through a far choke. The Sniper is a great asset against that. He might fully deny the Kritz or force the Medic to use early. Picking him in that situation will help your team more than a Heavy or Medic.

Grenja

Quoted from Selek

[…]

It’s not about changing the KPM, it’s about changing possibilities for the team. For instance, your team wants to push with a Kritz or Uber advantage through a far choke. The Sniper is a great asset against that. He might fully deny the Kritz or force the Medic to use early. Picking him in that situation will help your team more than a Heavy or Medic.

I was only addressing the discussion per Razorback & Amby put together from a spy perspective; of course it changes the meta slightly.

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from adysky

[…]
banning ambassador would be stupid SOLELY on the fact that 95% of player base uses it. Meta changes, get used to playing againts 2 snipers.

With that argument its about as solely stupid to ban razorback since 99% of player base uses it? Also if 95% of player base is using ambassador,wouldn’t banning it change the meta AKA “Meta changes, get used to it”.
You are at the same time making an argument and countering it by yourself in same sentence :D

It’s not like i’d care about it since i don’t play myself anymore.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from Tseini

[…] It’s not like i’d care about it since i don’t play myself anymore.

maybe u should think about that before u post

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from Muuki

[…]maybe u should think about that before u post

Yeah,i guess after i pressed the “leave team” button i can’t give feedback anymore. I’ll just let the HL die in piece MingLee

.zero

-chess-

Quoted from Tseini

[…]
Yeah,i guess after i pressed the “leave team” button i can’t give feedback anymore. I’ll just let the HL die in piece MingLee

Quoted from Tseini

[…]

“You are at the same time making an argument and countering it by yourself.”

adysky

Quoted from Tseini

[…]

With that argument its about as solely stupid to ban razorback since 99% of player base uses it? Also if 95% of player base is using ambassador,wouldn’t banning it change the meta AKA “Meta changes, get used to it”.
You are at the same time making an argument and countering it by yourself in same sentence :D

i never said anything about banning razorback, and i dont agree with blacklisting it as well.
also forcing a meta by banning weapons without any reason is retarded

Last edited by adysky,

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »