Forum

HL S10 Map Test Cup: Unlocks

Created 18th February 2016 @ 22:07

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »

Steve!

S-O

Please use this topic to discuss the unlock changes we propose in the S10 Preseason Map Test Cup:
Razorback ban, Pomson ban, Phlogistinator unban.

Thanks!

Popcorp

Don’t ban Razorback. It just denies 1 class in the whole game, it’s not a weapon that can kill 9 people in 1 shot.

Bloodyyy

(Weeaboo Nerd)
(XD ͜ʖXD)

Quoted from Popcorp

Don’t ban Razorback. It just denies 1 class in the whole game, it’s not a weapon that can kill 9 people in 1 shot.

thank mr pavel

I’d love to see the razorback get banned just see a change in the hl game.

RTC

To be honest, Razorback isn’t the problem. The problem is that Sniper is an inherently overpowered class in Highlander because of the higher protection he receives in HL as opposed to 6’s, and his ability to instantly kill more than half of the classes across the map at full health.

With that said, I’m glad measures are being taken to try and nerf the Sniper’s impact in the current meta.

Doom

Why ban pomson its useless

Detoed.

(inactive)

ban short circuit

4hp

Quoted from Popcorp

the purpose of the cup is to see how the game works without the item. I personally think it will make little difference… it’s like RTC said, a sniper with combo protection in HL is always going to be incredibly powerful even if there’s some chance he may be stabbed. But the cup is to test, and if it turns out to make a difference in practice, people should think of banning it imo.

Plus most spies in the high divs can harrass and/or kill that sniper from a safe distance with the amby.

Last edited by 4hp,

Menty

SVIFT
Nein

Quoted from Detoed.

ban short circuit

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from Doom

Why ban pomson its useless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13JupxjHUuU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9OOxZWYd-g

We have 0 tolerance for bugged weapons like this.

RTC

Hasn’t that glitch with the Pomsom been fixed in another update?

Also, I wouldn’t oppose banning SC. You can get away with complete bullshit with the weapon (just look at the end of Bureau vs TC Ambition, Setsul was spamming the cart, and I was clearing his stickies away with zero problems without having to chase the demo pick.) I’d say the Pistol and Wrangler are more reliable secondaries by far however.

I’d view Short Circuit as situational, but extremely game-changing in its current state.

Steve!

S-O

The thing about the Short Circuit is that it sounds really good if not overpowered, but then you realize it’s the engineer carrying it and then it’s suddenly pretty balanced.

Popcorp

Quoted from Bloodis

[…]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13JupxjHUuU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9OOxZWYd-g

We have 0 tolerance for bugged weapons like this.

I don’t understand the thing about Glitched weapons, we have a rule that clearly says

“Any kind of “Bug-Using” is not allowed. Player using bugs will be punished.”

Just punish players who use weapon exploits instead of banning weapons.

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

I don’t understand the thing about Glitched weapons, we have a rule that clearly says

“Any kind of “Bug-Using” is not allowed. Player using bugs will be punished.”

Just punish players who use weapon exploits instead of banning weapons.

How are you going to avoid not hitting teammates while spamming that shit?
“Hey guys,dont stand in that position because im about to spam my weapon and dont want a ban”

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from Tseini

[…]

How are you going to avoid not hitting teammates while spamming that shit?
“Hey guys,dont stand in that position because im about to spam my weapon and dont want a ban”

Followed by that we would also need to know that was it intentional or an accident if that happened and punish depending which of those happened. Just easier for everybody to blacklist it until it’s fixed.

Pomson is currently one of the 2 weapons (red-tape recorder being the other one) that are actually bugged that would affect Highlander in some sort of way, everything else that is banned is like so for the sake of them being overpowered (all other weapons) or due to us wanting to make slight changes to seek out opinions of people (razorback).

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »