Forum

Gravelpit in s23?

Created 28th November 2015 @ 19:37

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

taube

BWB

I know it was somewhat planned for season 22, and I guess the main reason why it wasn’t added was because it lacked testing (or it was tested by prem teams which disliked it straight off the bat). It would be nice to see it in s23 to add more spice to the map pool, or at least have a cup for it like the logjam/sunshine one.

EDIT : Looks like I posted it under general ETF2L instead of feedback/request. Woops
2nd EDIT : Thanks stinson

Last edited by taube,

Popcorp

http://etf2l.org/forum/lan/topic-32301/page-1/#post-547083

ash

(Legend)
:D

Arguably that thread you linked is aimed at the Dreamhack map pool.

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Moved.

Konna

drops

yes

damneasy

If its actually playable, which its not atm then yes

sorsa

mooz

Instead of….what?

ash

(Legend)

Quoted from damneasy

If its actually playable, which its not atm then yes

what do you mean?

Setlet

I think I have said this numerous times in different threads: rounds need to be shorter. People don’t want to pcw in a map which takes like 50 mins to complete fully.

Last edited by Setlet,

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Quoted from taube

I know it was somewhat planned for season 22

Not that I know, how do you know? :>

damneasy

Quoted from ash

[…]

what do you mean?

That it’s horrible to play (cba to explain why and how) but it is, but if it gets better i think it should be in map pool

frixx

LG

Gravelpit was played a few seasons ago. Although it brought somewhat variety to the map pool, it was also horribly dull and long lasting which I think didn’t fit back then and it will not fit in right now in 6s format.

ash

(Legend)

Quoted from damneasy

[…]

That it’s horrible to play (cba to explain why and how) but it is, but if it gets better i think it should be in map pool

oh, the way you worded your comment I thought there were like fps issues or something, not just the fabled gpit gameplay.

Clark

SDCK!

I think the main concern with gpit has always been the fact that A point is pointless (no pun intended). Nobody defends it, it just serves as a free ground to cap for an attacking team and then can be used to either flank B through C connectors or push C when both A and B are already capped. It would be very interesting to see a version of this map with just two points (B & C) and remove everything from A except for the slope leading up to A-C entrance and maybe some other props.

taube

BWB

Quoted from Clark

It would be very interesting to see a version of this map with just two points (B & C) and remove everything from A except for the slope leading up to A-C entrance and maybe some other props.

Or make it so that you need to cap B before you can cap A. Something like steel, but less cancer.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »