Forum

[Fun cup]Forsaken Cup Feedback thread

Created 13th August 2015 @ 19:32

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Aoshi

(Legend)
:think:
GRAHAM

Feel free to dump all the feedback or questions you have. From maps to organization. And if you would like to see a possible 2nd edition of this or rather have something else.

The organization wasn’t on point but this was a last effort as all other admins originally in charge got busy :(.

I’ll try to answers most stuff and questions that get asked repetitively will get edited into this post.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Make this thread simultaneously with the announcement of whatever happens on the first day, so you get live-ish feedback and may be able to improve the cup whilst it’s running (link it in every newspost). Some issues may also be forgotten or people stop caring about them after a day or so, so you may lose out on valuable feedback.

taube

BWB

Not sure if me and rogue were the only ones, but: we downloaded the map cp_obscure_final from the forsaken cup home page, and got always stuck in the loading screen while connecting to a server with that map. We deleted that map, and downloaded it from another source, and it worked.

Last edited by taube,

ivan

TC

GPIT IN NEXT ONE PLS

Aoshi

(Legend)
GRAHAM

Quoted from ash

Make this thread simultaneously with the announcement of whatever happens on the first day, so you get live-ish feedback and may be able to improve the cup whilst it’s running (link it in every newspost). Some issues may also be forgotten or people stop caring about them after a day or so, so you may lose out on valuable feedback.

Seeing that it’s a fun cup I initially didn’t plan to have a feedback thread. But with some unlocks being tested and weapon pickups being alowed I decided to do it anyway. Being earlier with it would have been great though. I’ll definately try to keep it in mind for future reference though.

Aoshi

(Legend)
GRAHAM

Quoted from ivan

GPIT IN NEXT ONE PLS

This has been requested by a lot of the players and I’ll definately do it if we end up doing a 2nd edition.

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Here are some questions that I’d like to raise for others to answer to

Was it too tricky to figure out how are some maps of this cup were being played?
I noticed that some people played CTF maps as BO1 instead of BO3 like they should be played, and some playing cp_dustbowl with 5CP config instead of stopwatch config, and played it as BO3 while it should be played as BO1 only.

What was the funniest train accident that you saw in cp_well?

Anything to mention about the new unlocks and updates related to already whitelisted unlocks?
If nobody mentions anything, whether would it be positive or negative, don’t be surprised then to see a similar whitelist in next season then.

Weapon pickups: It’s fine so long as there are no medigun pickups. It just makes the game really boring.

Maps:
2fort: It was fun but isn’t competitively viable
Well: Some potential if areas weren’t just flat and a bit boring
Obscure: We didn’t get to play our official but in doublemixes I think the map is slightly better than logjam was.
Dustbowl: zzz, always has been

Unlocks:
Didn’t see any of them but they’re all shit, can’t see why they shouldn’t be allowed.

Cup organisation/clarity:
Please make people aware if dustbowl is ABBA or not. Same with 2fort; is it BO3 ala turbine or just first round wins.

R4ndom

Devon

That was really fun, it’s a shame many people didn’t play because of the “shit maps”, but they were surprisingly fun to play at. For the next Forsak3n cup, I would put the rules to all the maps in the main post instead, so that we don’t have to stop midway through the match to ask admins if we should play for a bo3 or bo1.

Anyways, great cup, great fun, revived my love for tf2.

Nevo

/ff
Jamz

Quoted from Bloodis

What was the funniest train accident that you saw in cp_well?

Our Medic dropped + his pocket died under the train, was quite amusing :)

EDIT: Oh and Medigun pickup encourages garbage strategies, everything else is fine.

Last edited by Nevo,

S@GA

MERKEL
Nein

Quoted from Bloodis

… and some playing cp_dustbowl with 5CP config instead of stopwatch config, and played it as BO3 while it should be played as BO1 only.

Stopwatch cfg was obvious but when I asked an admin if it´s BO1 or BO3 I was told it´s BO3 (like gpit).

NeuTronas

Am I the only one who likes medigun picking? It encourages teams to use new strategies (like pushing with two charged ubers) and it’s finally something new in competitive tf2 :(

LaMqTa

fenneks

Quoted from NeuTronas

Am I the only one who likes medigun picking? It encourages teams to use new strategies (like pushing with two charged ubers) and it’s finally something new in competitive tf2 :(

+1

kaptain

wG

I didn’t play in the cup but I played with the medigun pickup thing – I don’t see how people think it will improve the game honestly. Pushing (or holding) with 2 ubers is just broken, especially on maps like viaduct – why should the team that’s holding the point (where the other medic most likely died and dropped his medigun) be rewarded with a 16 second uber, which is pretty much impossible to push in to (unless you wanna die instantly after your uber trade since they have another one ready to go). The only viable play at this point is to drop the medic and push instantly to pick up his medigun(s). I don’t see how this is exciting in any way.

Another example is midfights – if your team loses mid, but kills their medic. On some maps where the forward spawn is relatively close to the mid point, the team that won mid can just stack the point to make sure the medic gets forward spawn. The medic will then pick up the medigun and have another ~60% advantage. Why should the team that won the mid be rewarded by having uber advantage aswell, despite letting their medic die. The fact that they have mid and can push second is enough of a reward, surely?

Or things like killing their medic while the other team is pushing a point they end up taking anyway – for example badlands spire. Your team’s sniper kills their medic while he walks trough choke (with say 70% uber). Unless your team has enough players up and uber advantage (in which case you should’ve held spire anyway), you can’t take advantage of the fact that you killed their medic, since you can’t push out and pick up his medigun, thus the other medic will just pick it up when he spawns and keep his uber% (losing like 40-50% advantage at most for dying).

And there’s also dropping with your medigun out. Isn’t it already enough of a punishment that your team loses 100% uber they could’ve well, popped. Because right now it just means that a team could uber into you, force you back (unless you all want to die I guess), take the point, and pick up your medic’s medigun – and still have 100% uber.

Some of these are kinda “theory-crafty” and it might not be 100% accurate, but some of these happened in games I played, and honestly I don’t see how this will improve the game in any way, other than the fact that it’s “new” and “change”. It just feels dumb and somewhat random aswell – of course a medic dies in a certain position because well, he positioned himself there, but with the 30 second (I think) timer, quite often a medic barely has the time to pick up a medigun (say after he died and respawned), so you don’t know for sure whether or not he picked it up and has a big advantage, and how you as a team should position yourself.

Besides that, from a “grow-the-compscene” perspective, doesn’t it make TF2, which already isn’t the best spectater game, even worse and more confusing to watch, since uber advantage isn’t as simple as before? And make medic an even more unforgiving and “un-fun” class for new players?

The only reason to play with it is because Valve implemented it, but honestly I doubt they had big gameplay changes in mind when they did this, at all. Obviously I don’t know for sure but it just feels like they did this more because “oh cool a csgo mechanic!” or “hey look at this sick skin you can pick up you should buy it!”.

tl;dr it sucks

sorsa

mooz

Quoted from kaptain

wall o’ text

+1

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »