Forum

ETF2L needs to be more noob-friendly

Created 9th May 2015 @ 01:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

ash

(Legend)
:D

I wasn’t looking at anyone in particular. :)

ducky

Quoted from CHERRY

I don’t think stagnation is what you’re going for. We have once in a lifetime opportunity and we should use it.

Nobody said that the current stance of ETF2L is not subject to change, kaneco (along with other people in different threads) brought up some things that actually need to be done and since you have access to the admin forums you should know that it’s already being worked on, what makes you think stagnation is what we’re going for?

Most of these issues haven’t been mentioned until recently due to (apparently) more new players joining the league.

You cherry should know that changes and updates can take a while, after all you’ve been working on the beta design, and the time that it takes between receiving feedback and actually applying feedback can be long-ish.

Quoted from CHERRY

Take an example from ash who wants to work on a solution instead of arguing over nothing :P

Fully agree that I get baited way too often, it’s probably my biggest weakness.
I will try and ignore the posts which add nothing to the conversation or are just dumb in general.

Kaneco

Quoted from ash

I wasn’t looking at anyone in particular. :)

I was just offering myself as tribute if no one else is up for it ^_^

S@GA

MERKEL
Nein

Quoted from RTC

Ducky, do you have to be so self-righteous all of the time? If you’re actively going to debate and defend ETF2L’s current stance, please do it in a way that doesn’t make you look like a bigoted twat waffle, thanks.

From someone like you >.>

RTC

Quoted from S@GA

[…]

From someone like you >.>

I do like how you hold a grudge against me because I shut down a Swiftwater lobby of yours at 2am. Now either contribute to the thread or go away.

Kaneco

We got a success story boys

http://i.imgur.com/VoxAFGE.png

Bank

Rev.
Syn

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

I was just offering myself as tribute if no one else is up for it ^_^

If this is a thing, I’d gladly volunteer for it. I made a post about this earlier this week (http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-31516/) suggesting we could make the newcomer guides more prominent or just easier for the newbies to find but that got shut down pretty quickly. If it’s just good ol’ fashioned talking to, and helping newcomers, then I’d be happy to do it.

Last edited by Bank,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Kaneco

We got a success story boys

http://i.imgur.com/VoxAFGE.png

Great work, but there won’t be another HL league for 6 months.

Last edited by Hildreth,

Kaneco

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

he wasn’t sure he could have 2 teams at the same time (1 for 6s and 1 for HL), I cleared that doubt and he said he was gonna look for a 6s team as well

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

UGC

Twiggy

swole.
HL

Regarding the newcomers not aware of what the lowest skill level is when writing a recruitment post, i suggest adding to the skill level list on the recruitment menu an item “Open/Beginner” below “Open”.

That way, it would be more straightforward for them, and various open teamleaders looking for open players would see on the recruitment list a difference between “true open level” players and newcomers looking for their first experience.

Regarding “What should i say in my recruitment post”, etf2l could use the space filler in the recruitment text box.

It’s currently ” a short paragraph explaining who you are and what you’re looking for”. It could be made more explicit explaining for example a typical rec post structure, or an example.
Also who’s doing playcomp.tf? Maybe we could add a newcomer guide directly on this website, so that someone would find both a link to etf2l.org AND the how-to guide.

Last edited by Twiggy,

Pom0

tbf if you can’t use your brain to figure the basics of etf2l out i’m not sure if you have a future in comp. It’s seriously not hard/time consuming to do a bit of research if you are unsure about something or lost

Twiggy

swole.
HL

Quoted from Pom0

tbf if you can’t use your brain to figure the basics of etf2l out i’m not sure if you have a future in comp. It’s seriously not hard/time consuming to do a bit of research if you are unsure about something or lost

Good idea, i’m sure if you are in uni your teachers will be pleased to adopt this attitude with you, they’ll save a lot of time for sure.

Nevo

/ff
Jamz

The easiest thing would be to add a “Make a new recruitement post” in the Recruitement tab itself. Would be a lot easier to intuitively click on Recruitement and then see a big button to create your own post.
Add a visual line like “Open < Mid < High < Prem" above the chatbox where you choose your div, no more confusions.

firej

Quoted from Nevo

The easiest thing would be to add a “Make a new recruitement post” in the Recruitement tab itself. Would be a lot easier to intuitively click on Recruitement and then see a big button to create your own post.
Add a visual line like “Open < Mid < High < Prem" above the chatbox where you choose your div, no more confusions.

Yes, do this please.
I was expecting this when i wrote my 1st post, and the only way i found it was by asking experienced friends.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »