Quoted from birdy

i’ll simplify this
1. read the rules before signing your team up for the season
2. follow the rules
3. enjoy your season

Forty-Two

LOOΠΔ

So much animosity here D:

Can this whole thread just be converted into a request for a new site feature, where there’s an automated check for adding new players to the roster? Ie I just added a bunch of people to my team’s roster mid-season, big red flashing lights appear, along with the text ‘Oi, if you want to do this, go contact an admin right now!’

Keeps a rule against evil horrid wrongdoers in place, protects poor innocent team leaders against getting caught in the fire. Hopefully even ends all the rabble rabble in this thread, too!

Eatable

The attitude of a lot of people and especially the admins worries me. Basically saying that those teams broke a rule and therefore they are wrong about everything. If so many people feel that this rule doesn’t work and that they’re wronged by it then there should be a discussion about it. What worries me even more is that the rule that is enforced doesn’t even exist like the admins say it does.

Firsty, as quoted from the rule: “Teams can be qualified as ‘new’ if none or very few of the lineup at the start of the season or cup are still active and participating.”
To me, that sounds like having less than 3, or less than 4 original players at most. However, now it’s revealed that this rule is enforced if there’s fewer than 5, that’s not even in the rules.
Now, you can partially blame teams for not inquiring about the exact ammount, but at the same time a rule like this shouldn’t ever be strictly enforced like it currently is. Teams are being dropped without chance of discussion or repeal because of a rule which isn’t strictly worded in itself. At the very least the wording in this rule should be changed.

Secondly, the main reason people feel wronged is because people either don’t know about the rule or don’t think about the roster changes they make mid season as something that counts as hijacking. I think players that are added during the season should be marked like unverified players. That way it’s easier for everyone, including the admins, to think about this rule and to enforce it.

If these things are changed then the rule be much fairer and work for everyone without making people feel like they’ve been screwed over.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Not quite sure how you can have read everything Sonny has posted and still not get it. He’s destroyed this thread.

From General Rules 3.5:

If your team is facing extreme lineup changes please contact an admin.

ducky

This subject has been adressed multiple times by different members of our staff.

If you still don’t get it then you’re truly some kind of special

The whole argument isn’t really going anywhere, at this point it’s just people repeating themselves.

Since this discussion is no longer constructive I’ll lock the thread in order to conclude it.

Please refrain from re-creating locked threads, though you can go ahead and start a petition in an attempt to have it re-opened.
I heard those work really well.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8