Forum

ETF2L Highlander Season 8 Feedback Thread

Created 8th March 2015 @ 19:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 15 Next »

MIGHTY BURGER ツ

ETF2L support IRC in a nutshell : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7S2JBpNuIg

It was the same bs just to change my damn profile flag. Jy is vol vark kak.

So TC got off easy, but I guess that we and sBoob are just kakhuiskrieke then?

So far I’ve had to stomach since 2013 :
_team dropping because lazy;
_team dropping because leader went full emo for drama
_lol team that didn’t give a flying shit
_decent team that disbanded because lol why not?
_dropped team because some admin doesn’t know how to take some distance from a rule to interpret it, going full potato instead.

Bliksem, I’d just like to play a full season as main for once, if that’s not too much to ask.
Think I’m mean, think I’m flaming ? Perhaps I am a tad embittered, but after having been in so many failed teams, having some fair amount of shit talked behind my back and now having this, there are not many here who can still claim to have my respect, let alone my gratitude (they do exist fortunately), especially those who do not have to move their stubby fingers to find a team and can improve/rosterride in peace.

Last edited by MIGHTY BURGER ツ,

birdy

(ETF2L Donator)
GoodE

Quoted from quell

yeah lol.. maybe instead of handing out 3 free wins match up those teams against eachother? the week hasnt even started yet

#lazyadmining

shush quell i don’t want to play badwater

Synrise

(ETF2L Donator)

Opinions about if this removal of teams was fair or not aside. Rule 3.5 does not explicitly (..if none or very few of the lineup at the start of the season…) state when a team being hijacked. If the admins consider as mentioned earlier that 5/9 is the absolute limit, then this should be mentioned as such in the rules section.

Munky

AEUGH

Add to the rules the fact adding more than 50% new players to the roster or playing a match with less than 5 of the original roster will cause your team to be banned. State explicitly when the cut-off point for the ‘original roster’ is.

Possibly think about how this rewards teams who have larger rosters as it gives them more flexibility in changing their roster mid season.

4hp

The hijack rule only makes sense to prevent a team from adding players from higher divisions mid-season to gain an advantage. Otherwise I don’t really see the point. Personally I’d replace it with something like this

You’re not allowed to add more than two players with experience (at least one official match played) in higher divisions than yours to your roster mid-season.

of course this doesn’t apply to prem, but if you’re in prem it shouldn’t make much of a difference tbh.

Last edited by 4hp,

Kaneco

To repost my opinion from the other thread (which got locked and my post deleted) because some admins are trigger happy with the lock button.

I agree with the hijack rule because I had the negative experience of facing a team in 6s a few season ago that had some poor results and by the mid of the season when we fielded them had put 3-4 ex div1 players in their roster and proceeded to rape the rest of the season, now that wasn’t full at all, but I didn’t see that team get the same punishment either, it was a single bad experience out of many, but I have never seen this rule enforced before, particularly in 6s where its much more noticeable and relevant.

I think the rule makes sense but it should be used with basic common sense, I think it should apply only to prevent teams from buffing their roster mid season and make it unfair for teams they have to face later but otherwise I don’t think it should apply because team changes happen all the time specially in HL.

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

So you either drop because of roster issues or you get dropped because you fix them. Amazing.

Asaaj

Top fucking lel, and ontop of that you forum ban hajdzik (although just for a day)? What a league this is.

birdy

(ETF2L Donator)
GoodE

Quoted from 4hp

The hijack rule only makes sense to prevent a team from adding players from higher divisions mid-season to gain an advantage. Otherwise I don’t really see the point.

not true at all imagine this your team are one of the best teams in the league and you are coming up against a team that you can easily beat then they add 5 players to their roster who are the same div as you but better than the players that they had and they beat you with this new roster and then your team doesn’t make playoffs as an example would you be annoyed if this happened to you? yes you would. its exactly the same thing these teams might have added people in over the course of a season but thats irrelevant, you are placed in your div because of your roster and how well you have done with that roster you shouldn’t be able to change the majority of that roster and carry on in that div because its unfair on the other teams who might miss out on things like playoffs because of this

Last edited by birdy,

birdy

(ETF2L Donator)
GoodE

i will say this though maybe the wording of the rule should be changed cos highjacking doesn’t really fit for this, it should maybe say something about large amounts of roster changes without mention of highjacking

Nik

MEGA$$

Welcome to ETF2L, a league run by people with the excuse that it’s all in their free time and this league is free!
Doesn’t mean it has to be shit, accept proper admins that want to put time into this instead of lazy and ignorant fucks that maybe put 1% (logical) effort into this.

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from MARS^

So you either drop because of roster issues or you get dropped because you fix them. Amazing.

@ Nik – feel free to apply.

Zimmer

Quoted from quell

Last edited by Zimmer,

Nik

MEGA$$

Quoted from Reservoir Dog

@ Nik – feel free to apply.

Exactly what I did!
I got declined though without ever getting a trial so now I have the right to complain.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 15 Next »