Forum

Highlander Season 8 Maplist Discussion

Created 28th February 2015 @ 05:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »

Lyrete

BAGC
RUN!

Quoted from .zero

In the end Kkaltuu will add cp_keikoku anyway, no matter what happens.

atomic-

#bring back lakeside

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

I like how we’re testing maps this season, I would not be disappointed to see Sunshine and Warmtic in…or not in, either way doesn’t bother me.

That other cp_kekekeke needs A LOT of work, make the map smaller, get rid of the huge “island” type feel to the map, make it sightline friendly.

STOGE

TDP

maplist1boys

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

from the cup, sunshine was pretty fun, but I don’t think it was better than croissant at all

as for keiko, I think that map needs a LOT of tuning

Max

Fusion

imo gpit and steel should stay. Gpit is not a good map but it DOES reward team work and I think that is what most HL teams are lacking. Steel should ALWAYS stay, it is an amazing map.

I’ll go with a different map list.

Drop Process
Drop Gullywash
Drop Reservoir
Add Croissant
Add Ashville
Add Warmtic

There is no need to sugarcoat it. People don’t want any 6s 5cp maps in HL. They don’t want broken maps like Reservoir. A lot of people want maps like Croissant and Warmtic (I don’t like warmtic personally but I can see why a lot of people like it). And Ashville SHOULD be in season 8. Its easy to understand for a new player and it is an enjoyable map for most of the people I’ve played with.

maxxx.lfc

⇗upp⇙

Quoted from Max

Drop Process
Drop Gullywash
Drop Reservoir
Add Croissant
Add Ashville
Add Warmtic

+ drop gpit

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

gravelpit is the most teamwork orientated map there is in my opinion, it’s one of the least clusterfucky and most tactical too.

why do people not like it?

The problem is that most of the players in the league don’t bother developing tactics / scrimming maps that aren’t badwater/viaduct

Munky

AEUGH

I don’t think it is that tactical really. What decisions do you have to make? Take B then take C. When you get down to it it isn’t a whole lot different to a round of dustbowl. Its just learning the most efficient ways to take the points.

Steel is a vastly superior map for forcing decision making and tactics. And honestly playing both maps every season feels superfluous.

.zero

-chess-

Quoted from kKaltUu

The problem is that most of the players in the league don’t bother developing tactics / scrimming maps that aren’t badwater/viaduct

That’s not really a problem. It just gives a weaker team a chance to win against a stronger team.

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from Munky

I don’t think it is that tactical really. What decisions do you have to make? Take B then take C. When you get down to it it isn’t a whole lot different to a round of dustbowl. Its just learning the most efficient ways to take the points.

Steel is a vastly superior map for forcing decision making and tactics. And honestly playing both maps every season feels superfluous.

Different variations of holds,many different variations of pushing in to B so you need really good calls and fast reactions to rotate and make decisions.
But sure its boring if you keep just banging your head on the wall 10times knowing that it didnt work the last 9 times

BAITO

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡9

I wish ppl would learn to do strats and focus on team play a bit. It’s just ridiculous to see map old as gpit and ppl whining about it cuz it’s not stratmap enough. Especially the prem ppl. But ye keep yelling about the map instead of doing something about ur own strats and team. Meanwhile, I’ll give free buds for the team which beats premtech once in gpit.

Spreijer

CONCORDIA

My suggestion would be to replace viaduct with warmtic/coalplant, badwater/gravelpit for keikoku (if it improves). Keep reservoir. Sunshine doesn’t feel that good for highlander. Try intermodal instead of 5cp maps we have at the moment if we need a new 5cp map.

Spreijer

CONCORDIA

Quoted from BAITO

I wish ppl would learn to do strats and focus on team play a bit. It’s just ridiculous to see map new as reservoir and ppl whining about it cuz it’s not stratmap enough. Especially the prem(tech) ppl. But ye keep yelling about the map instead of doing something about ur own strats and team. Meanwhile, I’ll give free buds for the team which beats chessclub once in reservoir.

Gravelpit is a good map, but if we want changes I think it’s one of the first candidates to go.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »