Forum

[ETF2L] Experimental HL Cup #6 Questions & Feedback

Created 22nd February 2015 @ 22:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 8 Next »

Larath

/gE/
GoodE

Cleaver banned cause its annoying to play against, so can I request bans on the amby then? it gives spies a long range option which they shouldn’t have like the cleaver for scouts and its really annoying to play against tbh!

or maybe the wrangler, thats also annoying to play against, cause annoying was the only criteria right?

also experimenting by removing a mostly harmless unlock? lol

#SaveHyzmyzen

Meeto

Next season of HL; No unlocks, Sniper only, Final Destination.

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Quoted from DCS

Most of the players involved in the discussion seemed to think that the cleaver itself is not a problem, but the combo with the sandman is very annoying to play against. It was pretty much either ban cleaver or sandman, and we decided not to take the stun, but the 1-shot of lighter classes out of the game for now.

I think a lot of people misread that, the cleaver isn’t banned because it’s annoying to play against. It’s annoying to play against because it one shots light classes, making this ultimately the reason why it is banned.

On another note, I don’t know how seriously you want to be taken by admins reading this but stating the same thing 5 times and then stating that we should ban pyro instead won’t make any admin think that you are being serious (yes you, hildreth).

Popcorp

Quoted from MARS^

[…]

I think a lot of people misread that, the cleaver isn’t banned because it’s annoying to play against. It’s annoying to play against because it one shots light classes, making this ultimately the reason why it is banned.

Cleaver was released before Season 3 and during S3-S7 span no one ever complained about, I haven’t seen a single Thread about it or Sandman+Cleaver combo, it takes Skill, Luck, Enemy’s faulty Movement and Unawareness to actually hit both Ball and Cleaver.

People want to ban specific weapons, not because it is overpowered, but because people just don’t know how to counter such weapons, as I mentioned earlier, put a Soldier who can use Market Gardener full time into your Prem team, if he gets a lot of important kills, teams will start complaining about it because THAT Soldier is being annoying and we can’t counter him, so we not gonna bother learning how to dodge and just ban it next season.

I’ve seen Jwso playing, he prevented many crucial enemy pushes with a Stun or just a simple medic kill with that weapon Combo.

tl;dr Cleaver was there since S3 HL = No complains, there are many other weapons that can 1 shot light classes, yet still allowed, Cleaver gets potentially banned for next season due to 1 Player being Skilled with it

Last edited by Popcorp,

Any feedback is fine.
We’re trying to involve the teams and the rest of the community more in the decision making for the next season. If someone wants to voice their opinion to say things like ban pyro, let them.

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Flying Guillotine: In my expierence running around with the sandman+cleaver combo can only be effectively used when getting the stun+cleaver hit combo. Which implies you need to hit one slow projectile and then hit another slow projectile before the stun fades. This is really situational and compared to most situation at a disadvantage. If you ever get somebody down to low hp you can’t rely on your trusty pistol to finish them off, also you start the fight with a 15damage disadvantage.

Sandman: It was argued that the stun of the sandman denies Heavies that are fighting too much. I.e. heavy 1v1, the guy that gets stunned will get fucked atleast 80% of the time. In my opinion thats a good thing and that thing we call teamwork. So if your heavy gets caught out all the time by a baseball, then he might just need to work on his positioning and step up his game.

Spycicle:It was argued that the spycicle counters the counter(pyros) to spies which a fair point. The point was rebutted by calling the player out who made the argument:”you play the class wrong”. (Don’t worry more shittier argument are incoming)

Which leads us to the
beggars bazooka
This was discussed first and there were two sorts of arguments that were discussed.

1. “it is too strong”, after discussing up and downsides we somewhat came to the conclusion that it is not overpowered.
Which leads us to the main argument why its banned in the cup.

2. It is annoying to play against #fuckhartz #shittyargument

Now theres one more weapon that I’d like to mention.
diamond back
I argued that theres a spy trend where players just opt for the gunspy and dont use their knives anymore to backstab. I argued to give the spies a larger incentive to go for the more riskier backstabs(compared to gunspy) and reward him with the guaranteed crit.
Downside: you also get crits from buildings destroyed with the sapper.

Pete_

PrettyGay

Quoted from HartzFartz

[…]#fuckhartz[…]

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from DCS

The whitelist was made by admins together with prem teamleaders. It is merely a draft of what we may use for season 8.

Requesting the names of “prem team leaders” that argued for these changes.

shoras

Quoted from MARS^

[…]

Direct Hit please.

Aoshi

(Legend)
:think:
GRAHAM

Cleaver seems like a unnecessary ban.

#SaveHyzmyzen

Jaakarhu

Cleaver banned

rip Hyzmyzen, now he will never reach prem (((

Popcorp

Whitelist changes
Removed:
– Flying Guillotine (scout)
– Beggar’s Bazooka (soldier)
– Partner + indefinite duration taunts (all class/pyro/engineer)
Added:
– Panic Attack (soldier/demo)
– Iron Bomber (demo)
– Quickiebomb Launcher (demo)
– Cleaner’s Carbine (sniper)

Thx, altho Panic attack and Quickiebomb are quite bad in HL
P.S: If there are any questions about Warmtic, feel free to add me, Admins.

Last edited by Popcorp,

Useless

TC.Noobas

Yes let’s ban all of the interesting unlocks, let’s just play with stock. Because fuck diversity and fuck interesting weapons no one need them.

EmilioEstevez

GG

Beggars Bazooka badly needed a ban, its overpowered at what it’s good at. Yeah it does have some downsides but where it excels it’s stupid and often nigh on uncounterable.

Personally, I’d rather have seen sandman banned as stuns are the most obnoxious game mechanic I can imagine, but we ended up compromising on the cleaver to remove the easy combo of sandman & guillotine (the idea being that sandman at least has a downside and requires aim to hit).

In the end more items were unbanned than banned.

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Well, we unbanned the cleaner´s carbine… :3

#diversity

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 8 Next »