Forum

[ETF2L] Questions about Swiss Tournament System

Created 17th December 2014 @ 16:51

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »

CHERRY

Quoted from sheepy dog's hand

[…]

I also want to add that doing this would make thing simpler for new players. Using Main/Intermediate/Open is so much more confusing for new players than just tier 1/2/3/4. People who have never played esea won’t know what it means while people from all kinds of games (dota 2, LoL, SC2 ect) will understand what tier 1/2/3/4 means.

If we go with tiers why not leave divs?

Dingo

HG
cirlo

Since it seems that the number of rounds won/lost is having a greater importance, as they will be counted when two team are tied by points, will you just keep golden caps as they are? Maybe I see things from the wrong perspective, but with the new system I would eliminate golden caps entirely.

And also the question regarding differences between scoring in koth and 5cp as Canfo brought up in the newspost already, but I guess everyone plays the same maps so it’s pretty much equal (expect maybe when a team folds mid season, I don’t know)

Ecophagy

BAGC
RUN!

Will the standings/points be decided as they are in UGC (where it’s strictly the number of wins/losses, then done by map points etc), or will points be allocated as under current ETF2L rules of 6 for a win, 4 for a GC win etc?

Essentially, if you win week 1 off a GC, are you more likely to play someone else who won a GC, or are only strict wins looked at as in UGC?

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

How does this work with new teams (of which there are many every season)? These teams have no match history.

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]
If we go with tiers why not leave divs?

divs would work too but I think its better to just have tiers (sounds cooler and I think people from LoL and dota would understand tiers better). The point is I think its better to just have something simple like tiers or divisions instead of something like Main/Intermediate/Open that is pointlessly complicated.

Kaneco

I dont really agree nor like this, but what can I do. Also rip !div

Popcorp

I think having like 184 teams in 1 Tier (5&6) would be quite an overkill, there should be div like Sub-Tiers, Sub-Tier for Tier 4 and maybe 3, with 30 teams or so in each of them…Having 184 in 1 Tier would be an Overkill

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

How many would be in the playoffs for each tier?

Dikker

4-25

how much matches will be per week?
and can someone show how this system will work, graphically ? for d1+d2 , d3+d4, d5+d6

sorsa

mooz

Is one match still going to be 2 maps?

Menty

myx
Nein

Quoted from Sepu

[…]

!tier

brb climbing the !tier ladder

taube

BWB

Quoted from CHERRY

What happens to the div 5 mix group then?

If you’re referring to my planned mix group, I have no idea. Might as well just invite people who played division 5 for now and try to figure out something later

mhwk

wookie
VDOH

Quoted from sheepy dog's hand

[…]

divs would work too but I think its better to just have tiers (sounds cooler and I think people from LoL and dota would understand tiers better). The point is I think its better to just have something simple like tiers or divisions instead of something like Main/Intermediate/Open that is pointlessly complicated.

Why don’t we just keep the old system goin’?

Morgus

Quoted from Popcorp

I think having like 184 teams in 1 Tier (5&6) would be quite an overkill, there should be div like Sub-Tiers, Sub-Tier for Tier 4 and maybe 3, with 30 teams or so in each of them…Having 184 in 1 Tier would be an Overkill

One of the benefits of the swiss system is that you don’t have to worry about the lower ranks, it just sorts out itself and people there get to play proper matches, you kill that if you make tiers smaller.

rockie

Quoted from mhwk

[…]
Why don’t we just keep the old system goin’?

apparently because!

Last edited by rockie,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 9 Next »