Forum

[Highlander Season 7] Provisional Feedback

Created 14th October 2014 @ 22:25

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 19 20 21 Next »

MIGHTY BURGER ツ

B33p’s only real fault is to be a bit too “srs business” and always try to have the last word instead of simply brushing off petty conflicts. But other than that, he’s pretty chill and is not worth even a fraction of the shit people give him.

Nik and Scissors on the other hand are just bustas, who would rather die than saying something remotely nice and respectful for a change.

Last edited by MIGHTY BURGER ツ,

kzr_

gR.

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

Come to LAN and say that to my face you little shit, I’ll set you straight once and for all, I fucking dare you kid

#Prem #carried #rage #nerd #stackpolice .

P.S.: The way you get rekt by his revolver I’m pretty sure you don’t wanna face his baguette IRL

Pete_

PrettyGay

This thread is exactly why so many people prefer 6v6.

Max

Fusion

10/10 feedback

this thread should be either closed, or should be called “Videogaming nerds shittalking… AGAIN”

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from kzr_

#Prem #carried #rage #nerd #stackpolice .

P.S.: The way you get rekt by his revolver I’m pretty sure you don’t wanna face his baguette IRL

Do you wanna get whooped too kid?

kzr_

gR.

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

Do you wanna get whooped too kid?

the real question is: are you going to whoop khazul before the gfinals or are you going to do a b33p and whoop him between maps?

asadawarf

#ΣDM
(°)>

Quoted from quintosh

why is stacked literally the only team shittalking others in forums/match comments?

mrw there’s more players in stacked than just b33p. some people believe there’s in fact 9 players (◐ o ◑ )

to stay on topic:
i think 3 minor warnings before a major is too strict. 5 warnings would still be enough of a deterrant. leaders will still do everything they can to make sure people dont accidentally break the rules, but teams wont be penalised because people make mistakes. afaik people arent going out of their way to break the rules, you could call raising the limit to 5 minor warnings a reward for good behaviour this season.

Nik

MEGA$$

Quoted from asadawarf

[…]

To stay on topic:
i think 3 minor warnings before a major is too strict. 5 warnings would still be enough of a deterrant. leaders will still do everything they can to make sure people dont accidentally break the rules, but teams wont be penalised because people make mistakes. afaik people arent going out of their way to break the rules, you could call raising the limit to 5 minor warnings a reward for good behaviour this season.

I get your point about warnings and leaders doing everything they can do prevent them, at least most of ’em try, but EVERYONE knows that demo’s most be recorded, matches have to be scheduled, and if you’re in prem you have to use your actual nickname. (Not sure if they’re still really nazi about that.) If a leader fails to check that multiple times, or if your teammate forgets one of these or intentionally fucks up a leader has to take action, whatever that may be. Third times a charm.

Quoted from MIGHTY BURGER ツ

Nik and Scissors on the other hand are just bustas, who would rather die than saying something remotely nice and respectful for a change.

Yes, we’re bustas str8 from h8 town.

Your point about B33p being too serious is exactly the reason people make fun of him/shittalk, whatever.

I don’t mind him besides that at all, he helped me set up my server and plugins, he also was a nice guy when he was subbing for our UGC team if that counts for anything. There’s just certain points that make me dislike a person, whether that be B33p or not.
I’m mainly replying to stuff he is saying here.

Last edited by Nik,

Asaaj

This thread has turned from provisional feedback to aids in less than a day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjtkMCLRf-M

asadawarf

#ΣDM
(°)>

Quoted from Nik

[…]
I get your point about warnings and leaders doing everything they can do prevent them, at least most of ’em try, but EVERYONE knows that demo’s most be recorded, matches have to be scheduled, and if you’re in prem you have to use your actual nickname. (Not sure if they’re still really nazi about that.) If a leader fails to check that multiple times, or if your teammate forgets one of these or intentionally fucks up a leader has to take action, whatever that may be. Third times a charm.

But all a leader can do to ‘take action’ is to remind them the next time, and if the offender does it again you cant blame the leader or the team-mates, the offender is just an idiot.

To reiterate and clarify my post from earlier:

The admins don’t enjoy awarding point penalties – they’re only doing it to deter people from rule-breaking, but the people they’re catching out with these rules aren’t assholes or criminals, they’re just forgetful. 5 warnings before a ban would decrease the frequency of these strikes against ethical players, whilst still punishing serial rule-breakers.

The leaders in prem aren’t negligent towards ensuring their team follows the rules, but the teams are still being penalised. In fact the whole team is being penalised because of one person’s slip-up, which seems cruel to me. It’s like preventing an entire class of students from going out to break when the bell goes because Sorex forgot his homework again.

Submitting STV demos is an individual’s problem. I fail to understand why there’s a blanket penalty given to the whole team when the perpetrator is fully responsible and acted alone. Isn’t the 2-week-or-so ban for repeat offenders enough? Why is there two punishments?

In all honesty I’m against the point penalty entirely (for multiple minor warnings), I see 5 warnings before the pen as a happy medium. Am I being totally naïve in thinking that people just slip up, or is cheating and risking the stv demo warning more common than I think?

Nik

MEGA$$

Quoted from asadawarf

[…]

But all a leader can do to ‘take action’ is to remind them the next time, and if the offender does it again you cant blame the leader or the team-mates, the offender is just an idiot.

To reiterate and clarify my post from earlier:

The admins don’t enjoy awarding point penalties – they’re only doing it to deter people from rule-breaking, but the people they’re catching out with these rules aren’t assholes or criminals, they’re just forgetful. 5 warnings before a ban would decrease the frequency of these strikes against ethical players, whilst still punishing serial rule-breakers.

The leaders in prem aren’t negligent towards ensuring their team follows the rules, but the teams are still being penalised. In fact the whole team is being penalised because of one person’s slip-up, which seems cruel to me. It’s like preventing an entire class of students from going out to break when the bell goes because Sorex forgot his homework again.

Submitting STV demos is an individual’s problem. I fail to understand why there’s a blanket penalty given to the whole team when the perpetrator is fully responsible and acted alone. Isn’t the 2-week-or-so ban for repeat offenders enough? Why is there two punishments?

In all honesty I’m against the point penalty entirely (for multiple minor warnings), I see 5 warnings before the pen as a happy medium. Am I being totally naïve in thinking that people just slip up, or is cheating and risking the stv demo warning more common than I think?

Solid points, but it’s a discussion that can be seen from multiple angles.
There may be teams that support their cheaters, it happens. There’s also teams that don’t care about demo’s, usernames or sportsmanship.

There’s also teams that are really organised except for maybe one guy, and I think it’s all fair that the leader takes the responsibility for that one guy. If he fucks up multiple times consequences should be faced – If your team gets a major warning after 3 times, that guy probably belongs somewhere else and not in your team.

I get your points about sometimes mistakes happening, and now that I think about it, maybe the warning system should be applied to players rather than teams, just like it is the case with demo’s.

JoeTea

Could it not just be changed to 3 minor warnings on separate occasions equates to 1 major warning. So if two or more people accidentally slip up in one game it doesn’t put you on final warning or straight up give you a major. Just an idea, I’m personally fine with the system at the moment but I see your point asa.

Hot

5 minor warnings before a major one? why not 18? 3 is fine, its not that hard to make sure everybody follow some basic rules ( especially in high div where ppl know those rules for a long time)

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

or how about the entire team just takes responsibility as should be expected in the premiership division???

Bulow

GG

Three minor warnings seems like the right number to me. I don’t think my team picked up more than that over the course of 5 seasons, if not fewer.

You also need to remember that the rule applies to all divisions. Most teams have fewer hoops to jump through, i.e. no nickname rule, no mandatory upload of STVs etc. If you bumped that up to five, that would leave an awful lot of room for ‘missing’ demos. Teams in the Premier division can expect to be held to a higher degree of scrutiny, and honestly, it’s not that difficult.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 19 20 21 Next »