Forum

[Highlander Season 7] Provisional Feedback

Created 14th October 2014 @ 22:25

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 21 Next »

Quoted from prof

[…]

I don’t really like the habit tf2 players have of talking down to newbies but… you’re in the minority here with multiple high level players providing good responses and your attitude is still “I find this difficult to deal with so it should be removed.”

To quote Alan Sugar when confronted with the world’s first feces-powered aeroplane, “This shit will not fly.”

And at the end of the day, your team has access to wrangler/rescue ranger too, and with the way stopwatch works you get an equal chance to utilise it.

I find it frustrating that so few people understand what im saying. But to be fair it might just be me not expressing myself clearly enough.

I’m not saying the wrangler should be banned because i think that “it cant be dealt with”. What ive been trying to say is that it creates boring and stale gameplay for various reasons. And that the amount of effort and resources required to deal with a wrangled sentry is out of proportion with that of the engineer building one. The way i see it, a player shouldnt require a very solid enemy demo/heavy uber to be dealth with in a team fight. Imagine that kind of skewed balance in regards to any other class.

If i get another “lol lern to deal with it” comment my head will explode o.o

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Freakie

[…]

A Medic can’t “adapt” to 3 rockets being fired at him at once at close range.

Yes he can, don’t be “close” range to begin with.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Tom Spillfat

[…]

I find it frustrating that so few people understand what im saying. But to be fair it might just be me not expressing myself clearly enough.

If i get another “lol lern to deal with it” comment my head will explode o.o

I get what you’re saying and you’re ignoring otherwise good advice to solving the problem you have. “Deal with it” is good advice in this particular instant but sometimes its hard to accept these things.

Wrangler barely slows down gameplay for me, it might make life a bit more difficult but then you need to adapt and change your thinking on the go. If you think it’s boring then that’s your perception, to me Pyros are really fucking boring and annoying to deal with but a Pyro might think that Demoman with stickies is boring and annoying to deal with. Either way ETF2L isn’t going to ban Pyro, and if it did we’d kill part of the game and banning weapons kills the game. In 6’s we’re getting rid of all manner of classes to favour cookie cutter in the interest of “better to watch matches” but all it does is slowly kill the game and create a controlled meta-game to how we want to see, not what TF2 actually is.

You make no new arguments here, so please just learn to deal with it and if your head explodes, so be it.

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

if we ban the wrangler can we ban the medigun as well? Like its a perfect counter against the wrangler since nobody can kill you. Thats such an op gamemechanic that no other competitive game has it. you must be nuts to keep it in this game.

Also if we ban the beggars can we ban buffs for the heavy since a rocketlauncher solly will never take down a buffed heavy? Or can we start banning A and D keys for the medic since he only needs to dodge 1 rocket now?

While we are at it, the sandman and cleaver combo is really annoying as well. Or minisentries are even more annoying lets get rid of them.

and that E2 Jack guy, I dispise him, let ban him from the league like who likes that guy lets just get rid off him. Or the guys that implemented reservoir lets ban him from future admin meetings.

And worst of all, Dispensers, they do 0 damage to the enemy but if you put them in a MUSA position(top of narrow stairs) it completely counters the spy from letting him to the engi. Lets hand out defaults to all the teams that used it. And lets get rid of MUSA since he might have another game breaking idea that evolves the meta.

But seriously the reason why Highlander is great and also why Tf2 is a great game is because of the huge diversity of option that you have to counter stuff. Highlander is like Evolution(or game theory for all the religious nuts), if someone comes up if a new idea and it pays off then its enemys responsability to figure out a counter and if they cant they might lose a game and rightfully so. In reallife you wouldve died out and a better individual would replace you and that individual is ready to take up the fight with the new meta. (if you could ban species/improvements in evolution we would still be fucking bacterias if we are lucky)

If you cant adapt to new playstyles then dont play a gamemode that rewards diversity in gameplay , go play a gamemode that bans all diversity, a gamemode thats writtten down in stone and where you get called out instantly if you move 1% away from mainstream meta.

TL;DR: Banning unlocks is just failure to understand unlocks and how to counter them. Go play 6s if you want a gamemode that doesnt change ever.

Edit: Bonus clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKCJJ8oSpzw

Last edited by HartzFartz,

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

I get what you’re saying and you’re ignoring otherwise good advice to solving the problem you have. “Deal with it” is good advice in this particular instant but sometimes its hard to accept these things.

Wrangler barely slows down gameplay for me, it might make life a bit more difficult but then you need to adapt and change your thinking on the go. If you think it’s boring then that’s your perception, to me Pyros are really fucking boring and annoying to deal with but a Pyro might think that Demoman with stickies is boring and annoying to deal with. Either way ETF2L isn’t going to ban Pyro, and if it did we’d kill part of the game and banning weapons kills the game. In 6’s we’re getting rid of all manner of classes to favour cookie cutter in the interest of “better to watch matches” but all it does is slowly kill the game and create a controlled meta-game to how we want to see, not what TF2 actually is.

You make no new arguments here, so please just learn to deal with it and if your head explodes, so be it.

Well, yes, its my opinion that is it boring to play against a wrangled sentry and that it gives the engineer to much power. I understand how to counter it, but the fact that it requires so many players or slightly less + uber is what bothers me.

And i was reffering to the comments that state that i dont understand how to take down a wrangled sentry. I will most definately deal with it being allowed, simply by not playing highlander. That part is quite easy.

I’m just here to speak my mind and i was curious to see the responses. The advices arent that helpfull because i wasnt looking for any to begin with, only to have a discussion. Not that i dont appreciate them. Anyway, i did what i set out to do and at this point i guess i am rambling. You are correct, sir :)

Oh, and btw, 6s do change. Every season they allow new unlocks. The difference is that they try and maintain the vanilla class balance, instead of the new “balance” made up by valve. Tbf, i dont see why you ban any unlocks in HL, if you want it to be as close to the public game as possible.

Last edited by Tom Spillfat,

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

Because Pomson ruins the fun for medics and spies.

Popcorp

Mini sentries ruin everyone’s life, hello?

Quoted from Popcorp

Mini sentries ruin everyone’s life, hello?

Mini sentry ban when? Kappa

Hafficool

Quoted from HartzFartz

if we ban the wrangler can we ban the medigun as well? Like its a perfect counter against the wrangler since nobody can kill you. Thats such an op gamemechanic that no other competitive game has it. you must be nuts to keep it in this game.

Also if we ban the beggars can we ban buffs for the heavy since a rocketlauncher solly will never take down a buffed heavy? Or can we start banning A and D keys for the medic since he only needs to dodge 1 rocket now?

While we are at it, the sandman and cleaver combo is really annoying as well. Or minisentries are even more annoying lets get rid of them.

and that E2 Jack guy, I dispise him, let ban him from the league like who likes that guy lets just get rid off him. Or the guys that implemented reservoir lets ban him from future admin meetings.

And worst of all, Dispensers, they do 0 damage to the enemy but if you put them in a MUSA position(top of narrow stairs) it completely counters the spy from letting him to the engi. Lets hand out defaults to all the teams that used it. And lets get rid of MUSA since he might have another game breaking idea that evolves the meta.

But seriously the reason why Highlander is great and also why Tf2 is a great game is because of the huge diversity of option that you have to counter stuff. Highlander is like Evolution(or game theory for all the religious nuts), if someone comes up if a new idea and it pays off then its enemys responsability to figure out a counter and if they cant they might lose a game and rightfully so. In reallife you wouldve died out and a better individual would replace you and that individual is ready to take up the fight with the new meta. (if you could ban species/improvements in evolution we would still be fucking bacterias if we are lucky)

If you cant adapt to new playstyles then dont play a gamemode that rewards diversity in gameplay , go play a gamemode that bans all diversity, a gamemode thats writtten down in stone and where you get called out instantly if you move 1% away from mainstream meta.

TL;DR: Banning unlocks is just failure to understand unlocks and how to counter them. Go play 6s if you want a gamemode that doesnt change ever.

Edit: Bonus clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKCJJ8oSpzw

lol

Last edited by Hafficool,

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

Just stop hiting the sentry and kill the damn engineer it’s not that hard.

Quoted from Hajdzik

Not always an option.

Quoted from Hajdzik

If he takes on your entire team alone or stands in a sniper sightline like an ass, it definitely isn’t that hard. If the teams are in the same division and he can handle the basics of his class, its another story, though.

Fuxx

REMOVE

You seem to be an expert

RTC

Quoted from Tom Spillfat

[…]

If he takes on your entire team alone or stands in a sniper sightline like an ass, it definitely isn’t that hard. If the teams are in the same division and he can handle the basics of his class, its another story, though.

It’s really not too difficult to take out a gun that’s being both wrangled and pelted with the RR with team co-ordination, especially if you have a numbers advantage.

I respect your right to have an opinion on the matter, but I think you should allow discussions focusing on the Highlander meta to those that have played it at a higher level than Iron. I’m not trying to sound elitist, but I’m convinced you’re not cognizant about what you’re talking about yourself.

Quoted from RTC

[…]

It’s really not too difficult to take out a gun that’s being both wrangled and pelted with the RR with team co-ordination, especially if you have a numbers advantage.

I respect your right to have an opinion on the matter, but I think you should allow discussions focusing on the Highlander meta to those that have played it at a higher level than Iron. I’m not trying to sound elitist, but I’m convinced you’re not cognizant about what you’re talking about yourself.

Well, i was under the impression that you often need a solid uber to take out a wrangled gun. Unless you can surround the engie or heavily outnumber their team aye. Admittedly, the highest division of skill ive played in HL is steel, but i have watched a handful casted games and so forth.

Its not that unlikely that im wrong, i guess, considering limited experience. So how much resources do you generally need to take down a wrangled gun, then? Because maybe i have the wrong idea (not being sarcastic). Assuming somewhat even teams and a decently competent engie, btw.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 21 Next »