Forum

BAN BANNERS

Created 24th January 2014 @ 21:24

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Kissakala

MUUQ
bad

First off, I want to point out that I’m extremely mad at the gimmicky weapons which there’s no real reason to NOT use on last pushes, called Concheror.

Look at the stats:
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Concheror
LOOK AT THEM.

Imagine a situation where you’re holding last point on cp_gullywash, or cp_badlands (or you name it), where everything’s cramped up together, someone’s spamming you with rockets and an enemy roamer/pocket has his Concheror equipped. He builds his Concheror (requires 480 damage), and uses it when the ubers are being exchanged. It lasts for 10 seconds. TEN SECONDS. During that TEN SECONDS 35% of the damage being done, is given back as health to the dealer.
Their speeds get boosted, which allows them to really commit to the push ALONG with the extra heals that they keep receiving for dealing damage. You shoot two or three 100 DMG rockets on to a soldier, who in turn shoots you with two or three 100 DMG rockets. You’re dead, and during that brief moment he has gotten 70-105 HP back, and he happily continues to shoot the ground in order to GET HEALTH. OK????

Does that not make pushing the last point quite a bit easier? Is there a reason not to send your roamer in to die before the push, wait till he comes back and builds his Concheror, use it before/during/after the push and win you the round? Sure, ok, yeah, as if we wanted to defend that point. Let them do it again on the next round.
I wouldn’t give two craps, or even one, if it wasn’t for the way easier last pushes that it allows people to pull off. Well okay, pushes in general.

in b4 a smart-ass comes in and asks “y dont u use it then?” Have you possibly noticed how much harder it is to spam those rockets when holding last, opposed to attacking last? Yeah, right, you get it in half the time when attacking.

Nevertheless, why is it allowed if it allows (shit) like this?

Last edited by Kissakala,

fawwles

TSUN~

tf2 is dead

Forsak3n

S

get 600dmg first

kronis

NASA
hi im dog

We need just a topic about widowmaker and the circle will be completed.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

shit = new option to push last points

pliz no change so unfair

good point

accless

cp_

And there I was prepared getting mad about someone not liking the seasonal banners ETF2L puts out.
Would have been a weird discussion anyway

Limp.

EPA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_disorder

Switch

soL.
T⑨

It is on forum topics like this where the autists really come out of their shells.

Japtor

Quoted from Limp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_disorder

Thank you. You made my day.

kaidus

WiK?

It is interesting that after years of hating these sorts of unlocks, the admins throw them in just as the yanks started banning them.

Kissakala

MUUQ
bad

Quoted from Switch

It is on forum topics like this where the autists really come out of their shells.

Yes, you meny funay I lugh vary herd.
Focus on the subject you dingus, and make a point about it, not me. Nobody cares if I’m autistic or not.

Kissakala

MUUQ
bad

Quoted from smziii

shit = new option to push last points

pliz no change so unfair

good point

It’s not about being a new option to push last points, but a straight upgrade to any push really. Would you say “no” to 35% hp back from the damage that you do? Why the hell would you?

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Last pushes are generally what slows the game down and is most boring to watch. These unlocks change that.

jakeowaty

The downside of banners is that you simply have to give up something else in order to get the banner.

If you give up gunboats, you sacrifice your bombing power, or rocketjumping in general. Even though you get those +2HP every second, it takes some time until you get you back to gunboats or even full health.
6’s wise, if the pocket decides to get the banner instead of the Shotty, you are risking not being able to protect your Medic if you are out of rockets. Those are the downsides of the Concheror in particular, not mentioning other banners since the conch is probably the best for team-based game.

On the other hand, you need to deal a lot of damage in order to get it rolling. It requires from you a lot of passive play, near the combo. You are basically doing nothing but chip damage on enemies, while trying to stay alive and not be just an additional target for enemy sniper to hit. This is a completely different meta, where Soldier values his life as opposed to throwing it away for crucial picks.

AS a reward for playing passive, you get the Conch buff every minute or two, depends on how long you stay alive. You, as Soldier, play more team-oriented game, where you are basically a support, allowing your team to push more effectively and quickly.

That requires a lot of playstyle and gamesense changes for every single Soldier. And you don’t see that often in HL yet, I think those buffs might change the meta a bit and make the game more diverse than it is already.

So you should simply stop raging about one loss that you had against a Solly with a Concheror. That means you’ve done a bad job at countering that. Your combo has an easy way to kill a Conch Soldier with not much of a trouble, since he has 3/4 of his health left most of the time.

INB4 rage comments, because etf2l community.

Kissakala

MUUQ
bad

Quoted from Scissors

Last pushes are generally what slows the game down and is most boring to watch. These unlocks change that.

What? Change that? When the enemy spams rockets for a year to get his buff?
I don’t think every last push should result in a cap, that’s what my initial point is.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »