“We are too stupid to work together, so therefor teamwork-based maps are bad”

Fresh'z

§GOLD

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

“We are too stupid to work together, so therefor teamwork-based maps are bad”

steel is madness in div6 bro

Asaaj

As much as I hate Steel, it shouldn’t be removed, because it is one of the only maps where weak DM is made up for by a good strategy, something that several maps lack

Carlos Kaiser

Face it, people are just choosing some maps over others based purely on their personal, maybe team choice. Some even try to give some explanations that explain why the map is bad, that could be applied to every single map.
And in no way Steel and Gpit are smart maps involving some deep strats, just some fanciness like the Gpit B jumpers, having a strong flank to protect E backcaps/having forces on E to distract, whatever else, it’s just some teams are better on selected maps and some are not.
I’m pretty sure there are high level teams that don’t want swiftwater only because they haven’t scrimmed it at all and they would be at a disadvantage in front of SDW/KS/Others that have played the map for seasons because they do UGC.
tl;dr: everyone just choses the maps their team is best at

kzr_

gR.

Map pool is perfect, there’s no need for a 5point pl like swiftwater and Gpit and steel offer something that other maps don’t offer, a championship its about the best team in any situation, not the best Pl or koth or whatever single kind of map team.

The only thing I would prefer would be croissant instead of gullywash but its a matter of personal choice, there’s no other reason at all so gully it is!

Popcorp

Steel is Clusterfuck of Chokes and Pyro madness, and also poor map for a Sniper

On Gpit i have nothing except of Spawncamping, as soon as team caps A, other team can try to Spawncamp RED base, which is not funny, so in other words, as soon as RED Medic dies, BLU team won’t let him out of a Spawn

I think croissant_rc6 was 1 of the best CP maps i played in HL, IMO pretty decent map to play instead of cp_steel, either replace steel with Croissant or Foundry, both good maps

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from Popcorp

Steel is Clusterfuck of Chokes and Pyro madness, and also poor map for a Sniper

On Gpit i have nothing except of Spawncamping, as soon as team caps A, other team can try to Spawncamp RED base, which is not funny, so in other words, as soon as RED Medic dies, BLU team won’t let him out of a Spawn

I think croissant_rc6 was 1 of the best CP maps i played in HL, IMO pretty decent map to play instead of cp_steel, either replace steel with Croissant or Foundry, both good maps

Both Gpit and Steel are good tactical maps for HL; the huntsman option is quite viable on steel (and for once the map is not that sniper friendly). Both maps require tactics and teamwork which is awesome.

I’m not so sure about cp_croissant_rc6 it tends to have huge stalemates (e.g. WP S10 W1 between Itsallgood and KKDD ended in a 0-0 draw http://tf2.wireplay.co.uk/9v9/index.php?pg=leagueresults&view=961 http://tf2.wireplay.co.uk/9v9/screenshots/4-961-2.jpg). But then again the map had some decent stats in UGC S9 W3.

Last edited by Toba,

Popcorp

every CP map in HL is stalematey, even if it was a Stalemate game between KKDD and IAG, it doesn’t mean anything, both teams were just too strong

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Quoted from Popcorp

every CP map in HL is stalematey, even if it was a Stalemate game between KKDD and IAG, it doesn’t mean anything, both teams were just too strong

If played badly and not pushing with co-ordination. If you watch the teams with co-ordination, there’s generally a flow. Stalemate means stuck on one point, rather than a long round filled with lots of caps.

Your other points, croissant has been updated so it needs to be playtested a lot more again. It’s fun and sits above a map like granary but worse than process/gully.

You’re complaining about a change of style of map that involves thinking so I’m gonna disregard your comments above on gravelpit/steel but I do have a tip, bash some braincells together and give the maps some real thought.

Quoted from Toba

[…]
I’m not so sure about cp_croissant_rc6 it tends to have huge stalemates (e.g. WP S10 W1 between Itsallgood and KKDD ended in a 0-0 draw http://tf2.wireplay.co.uk/9v9/index.php?pg=leagueresults&view=961 http://tf2.wireplay.co.uk/9v9/screenshots/4-961-2.jpg). But then again the map had some decent stats in UGC S9 W3.

Just to qualify that a bit: We played like shit and it was not exactly a stalemate, more like bouncing back and forth from last to last thanks to lots of mistakes.
croissant in particular has changed for the better. During S10 the map was basically a long corridor of pain, now it has many more flank opportunities.

I would argue there should be at least a change to the win condition for 5cp in HL. Even if we accept that the gamemode is “fun in HL” (the consensus is that it’s not), the ruleset makes it unnecessarily painful, almost forcing at least 30 minutes even if the game is a roll and if the game is just slightly uneven both teams have to play a full hour or more. This is not acceptable, especially if we want to keep awful cancer maps like gullywash, where you can easily spend the better part of that hour being stuck on your last.

Last edited by Schmuse,

Arron Dominion

For pl_barnblitz_pro4, this is what we noticed in UGC this season:

Not sure if it matters, but the draw distance on several of the props are extremely small, especially on 3rd point’s bushes and the crates for 1st point.

The major bug at the moment is that the secondary lower spawn at last point can be opened by members of either team. Here is a screenshot to confirm:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181613573

Map stability seems to be low, with client and server crashing occurring rarely.

Jonaz

Quoted from Arron Dominion

The major bug at the moment is that the secondary lower spawn at last point can be opened by members of either team.

I’m pretty sure this part have been fixed already.

Last edited by Jonaz,

Arron Dominion

pl_barnblitz_pro4 is the map currently in UGC and has this bug. Unless there is a pro5 that has fixed this.

Jonaz

The bug was fixed after the barnblitz week of UGC. Anyways, u should disscuss about any problems related to this map in this topic: http://etf2l.org/forum/maps/topic-26834/page-6/

Last edited by Jonaz,

Alex_jj

When the groups will published?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 15 Next »