Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 Next »

wpminnows

[PG]

yess black box

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from Chaplain

I think you guys need to see this less as unlocks balanced in on their own merits and more a step toward acclimatisation to the ESEA ruleset.

So why do it in unbalanced chunks? The pyro now has free crits, shouldn’t the solly get his Buff banner and Market Gardener? Why no Reserve Shooter? How about the Scottish Resistance for the demo or the Charge’n Targe?

Adding bits in here and there kinda obviously unbalances things, just add the lot if that’s the long term plan.

Python

etf2l is going to be aids if we get trolls abusing unlocks just like ugc 6’s

Fantasy

.Dicknitas

Everything is fine, just those unlocks…

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

So why do it in unbalanced chunks? The pyro now has free crits, shouldn’t the solly get his Buff banner and Market Gardener? Why no Reserve Shooter? How about the Scottish Resistance for the demo or the Charge’n Targe?

Adding bits in here and there kinda obviously unbalances things, just add the lot if that’s the long term plan.

Need to add it in parts to let people adapt not to shake the tree entirely, and I would refute these unlocks unbalancing things? Why do you think the people having a fucking eppy over the pyro unlocks like yourself are in the minority and are of little consequence?

Selek

Dr. med.

Very interesting decision, I am looking forward to seeing how the metagame changes, if at all. Maybe offclasses will be a bit more common, no complaints here :)

I’m not sure about the Dalokoh’s Bar and Amputator and if they will change anything at all. Blackbox roaming will be something I definitely will be trying out. The Jag is a factual upgrade, but the difference isn’t actually that big (0.75 s faster sentries).

Allowing the Kunai actually creates a dilemma for me. Either use L’Etranger for more mobility. If I use the Kunai and get a stab, I actually have a decent fighting chance with the revolver after being called out. L’Etranger is too weak for that though, so I lose mobility again… I like it :D

feeling

ist doof

Quoted from Monkeh

Agreed, I also mentioned it when the Winger was allowed. Either whitelist almost all weapons or stay as restrictive as possible, only allowing what’s important for developing the metagame futher. Honestly, meanwhile I’d prefer we only ban overpowered unlocks (Gloves of Running Urgently as a prime example among many more) and let it balance out naturally.

When Seanbud founded his new just for fun open team, he declared to use only Direct Hit. Now he’s using the Original, guess why? Because most unlocks are worse compared to stock weapons. So basically, we’d have to find the straight upgrades which would be used by everyone for lack of an equal alternative and ban them.

Last edited by feeling,

easyGame

Why do ppl talk about “changes of metagame”?
Some minor item changes for situational offclasses are not changing the metagame at all imo.

Just look to the yanks… (excluding quickfix)

Monkeh

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

Need to add it in parts to let people adapt not to shake the tree entirely, and I would refute these unlocks unbalancing things? Why do you think the people having a fucking eppy over the pyro unlocks like yourself are in the minority and are of little consequence?

Ha, I think you’ll find my opinions are of no consequence, not little. :p

Also, my epilepsy is not a joking matter.

Henghast

open
bobs

I knew it’d come to this. It was only a matter of time and it’ll only get worse!

Perm now being head admin has every chance and ability to warp our beloved league to his every whim (Where was the consultation?). Now is only the start!

Now unlocks ahoy more and more until we’re bathed in the filth of pub players and Americans.

Next season more new maps, pl_barnblitz_pro anyone?!

The season following he declares that 6v6 cannot cope with the new meta is stale and people obviously hate it. Thus providing him every excuse to disband it.

Now Highlander is all that remains. A mere stumble away from the grubby mires of public servers.

Dark days are ahead.

aura

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

relax… the 99% of the game is still the same isn’t it?

nibo

elev8
eerie

Im not sure if it can be classified as a bug but the axtinguisher hits before it shows the swing completed so if you are on the receiving end of it it looks like the pyro is just about to hit you but he has already hit you. Maybe just something to consider

Candle

Guys. It’s a pyro. He does half the damage and has half the mobility of all the main 6s classes. Even with a bit more damage, he can’t do shit. Maybe he can be annoying with an occasional axtinguish, but, really, everyone is faster and does more damage than him at even point blank (though, naturally, pyro takes less skill to do damage point blank than scout, soldier, demo)

Anyway, you shouldn’t worry about pyros. They are very squishy and slow and you won’t really have a problem with them.

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from Candle

Guys. It’s a pyro. He does half the damage and has half the mobility of all the main 6s classes. Even with a bit more damage, he can’t do shit. Maybe he can be annoying with an occasional axtinguish, but, really, everyone is faster and does more damage than him at even point blank (though, naturally, pyro takes less skill to do damage point blank than scout, soldier, demo)

Anyway, you shouldn’t worry about pyros. They are very squishy and slow and you won’t really have a problem with them.

Says the pyro main! Easy road to prem! don’t believe his lies!

Skyride

DUCS

TF2 is dead because a class is now infinitesimally more viable.

Discuss.

Last edited by Skyride,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 Next »