Forum

[Highlander Season 5] Feedback Required!

Created 22nd July 2013 @ 00:04

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »

yonus

[hePPa]

Quoted from Linus

Now regardless of how well that worked out or how predictable it was, it’s a completely fair way of taking advantage of your position and that rule is completely fine. It’s a competitive format afterall.

I think having the advantage in the picks themselves due to higher seed is fair and that part of the rule is fine. But the choice of delaying the picks is a different matter. Using that method is competiting in something other than what this competitive format is about. The name of the game is playing tf2. This rule has been used to discourage playing tf2. That contradicts with the aim of the competition.

All of this in a nutshell:

Teams should be competing in who can improve the most, not in who can limit their opponent’s improvements the most.

demsii

EPA

Quoted from ashkan

Also related to the elimination rule: Is it just me, or is there absolutely no advantage to being the team to eliminate first? As it looks now, one team gets all three disadvantages: They have to eliminate maps first, they have to choose their map first, and they do not get to pick the decider map. Have I missed something? Shouldn’t the team that has to eliminate/pick first at least get the advantage of picking the decider map?

Sneaky sneaky, I see what you did http://etf2l.org/matches/43608/ there.. Haha ;)

Last edited by demsii,

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from kustom3

They did complain however about bo1 pl maps afterwards, thanks kaidus for the 3 hours groupstage games btw, no hard feelings I hope :).

??????

Playoffs/finals should be the ultimate decider, all season 4s playoffs did was bring our two teams to a 2-2 tie in terms of rounds throughout the season. That is a shitty way to leave and decide a season, and anyone can see that – asking for it to be changed in no way demonstrates a need/desire for group stages to operate under the same principles, and it is in no way my fault that this was overlooked by the admins.

Edit:
But also, I agree that there’s no need to pick maps in advance. It’s never been a problem in 6s either, if anything it adds to it cause you’re forced to try and read your opponents picks in the preparation.

Last edited by kaidus,

TviQ

ft.

remove 5 cp maps remove barnblitz add something new that isnt 5 cp playing fucking 6v6 maps in highlander is pure aids

Alex_jj

Quoted from TviQ

remove 5 cp maps remove barnblitz add something new that isnt 5 cp playing fucking 6v6 maps in highlander is pure aids

New pro versions from KritzKast’s guys are very decent to play,i don’t see any problem with that on this moment.

Kimo

-Xe-

Sounds really great, that means that more people have a change to participate even though they’re a bit late.

raiku

STR

Why not put the highlander seasons between each 6v6 season?

Having both run at the same time for people who like both 6’s and HL, feels to me like there will be loads of scheduling issues.

unu

Quoted from raiku

Having both run at the same time for people who like both 6’s and HL, feels to me like there will be loads of scheduling issues.

If you’ve read the thread then you would understand why.

Popcorp

Quoted from raiku

Some teams/players play Wireplay HL, UGC HL, UGC 6v6 and ETF2L 6s, and now you want to add ETF2L HL? a “bit” too much

aura

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

Some teams/players play Wireplay HL, UGC HL, UGC 6v6 and ETF2L 6s, and now you want to add ETF2L HL? a “bit” too much

keen it up or give up. tf2 is meant to be played 5 days a week

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

I can understand why there is a demand for more than 2 seasons per year, ultimately I feel that would be realistically do-able if we took into account short seasons (6 teams, 8 week + setup times per seasons) and a little bit of overlap with 6v6. However the general feedback we have had tells us that people would prefer a longer season (8 teams, 10 weeks + setup time) and that people would prefer 2 seasons per year.

Longer seasons + 3 per year can only be done by doing them side by side, currently we make space for a few weeks of overlapping, it is accepted that majority of those who play ETF2L HL also play ETF2L 6v6 so to run it side by side would possibly reduce the signups. I can see your argument but the popular opinion is to do it this way – This also paves way enough time for us to do a Nations Cup tournament during the summer and One Night Cups to experiment with Maps + Unlocks.

quell

UbeR |

more one night (or 2 night) cups would get people to shut up about wanting more seasons!

unu

Quoted from quell

more one night (or 2 night) cups would get people to shut up about wanting more seasons!

I agree, more cups!

Last edited by unu,

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

More cups would be good. A great opportunity to try out some new maps and get some feedback prior to the next season.

Munky

AEUGH

It would be great to see more one night cups for highlander. Maps like Swiftwater, Ashville and Process have become staples for highlander but haven’t been played in etf2l. Then you have maps that are still being worked on like Borneo, Arctic and Croissant that have the potential to become good highlander maps.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »