Forum

[Highlander Season 5] Feedback Required!

Created 22nd July 2013 @ 00:04

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 9 Next »

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from onv

it’s okay , kKaltUu . I don’t think anymore here expected you to understand . Let me give you an example :

in my opinion having new teams in d1 or d2 just because they have a few superstars in their roster is unfair to the teams in d3 for example, even if they have one defeat on their record , i believe these d3 teams deserve a shot at higher division more than these “superstar” teams . These “superstar” teams that also drop mid season on a very regular basis.
This happened in s3 but i’d rather avoid saying any name :’)

I was simply suggesting that d1 and d2 teams should be picked more carefully , which would lead to more competitive competitive matches , matches that would be ultimately more enjoyable to watch and be played.

But , apparently this isn’t a suggestion thread so you’re right what i just typed is completely irrelevant , this is a feedback thread i should have read it in the first place .

1 ) don’t have anything against it.
Why not after all , this might be a good change but i think there are more important problems to fix.

2 ) I have very little to no experience as team leader , but safe to say it’s already tough to gather the same 9 players constantly over and over . With the ammount of matches increasing this might turn out to be a nightmare scheduling wise.

At the end of the day , in my opinion EU highlander is still at an early stage of developement . The only way to develop it is to bring more players in and try to do new things like the changes mentioned in the OP. If it turns out to be a disaster at least you guys would have tried , and we would have an additional blueprint on what works and what doesn’t.

TL;DR : lets do it , balls deep. Nothing to loose ¯_(ツ)_/¯

These ‘superstar teams’ – You mean the 1 drop in total between Prem/div1/div2?. Cool.

More competitive? If you want to make it more competitive putting div3 teams into div2 is not the solution.

Muffinz

DUBSTEP

Plz no 6’s and hl at the same time :(

onv

I didn’t express myself properly , i meant these kind of teams would be more inclined to drop.

anyway let’s not get too much into this , sorry for the offtopic.

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

Quoted from Permzilla

1) Divisions will now have 8 teams in, instead of 6.

Great idea.

Quoted from Permzilla

2) Highlander Season 5 will run alongside 6v6 Season 16. This allows for more Highlander Seasons per calendar year.

Sure. If you run a highlander team and your players prioritise 6v6 then you’ve got the wrong players.

This thread is full of 6v6 players saying highlander should suffer so they can play highlander when it’s convenient for them. Screw everything about that.

Quoted from EmilioEstevez

8 teams per division is really needed imo. The overlap is manageable but it should just be a single map bo3 each week (other than playoffs) or you may end up with people who want to play both formats having to practice 4 maps one week.

I agree with this.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Update on this.

Due to the feedback we are not going to run both seasons at the same time (it was optimistic I admit). However to enable us to run an 8 team season, there will have to be some overlap.

At the moment HL Week 1 will clash with 6v6 Week 7, and HL Week 2 will clash with 6v6 Catchup Week. The Premiership Playoffs will also clash with the HL Season, but that will only affect a small minority.

What do you guys think about that? There isn’t any other possibilities for now, it’s either that or a regular 6 team season.

unu

Sounds good, shouldn’t be too much trouble.

Munky

AEUGH

I think most people will understand that there will be some overlap. It is the kind of thing that you can deal with for a week or two.

Selek

Dr. med.

If it is limited, overlap can be handled.

Asaaj

Sounds way more legit than before, should be doable.

Smyther

X

Given there’s a 2 week lee-way with matches, and most teams can expect one drop in their division, 2 weeks of overlap should be no issue. Thanks for listening to the feedback. :)

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

sounds like a good compromise

quell

UbeR |

Cool with me, thanking for listening to feedback!

any dates?

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from quell

Cool with me, thanking for listening to feedback!

any dates?

Provisional Schedule
Announce: October xth
Signups: October 13th – October 26th
Schedule Week: October 27th – November 2nd
Week 1-7: November 3rd – December 21st
Catchup Week:Played before January 5th
Playoffs/Tiebreaker: January 5th – January 25th

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

Sounds great. Should not be too much of a problem.

jwso

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡9

is pocket pistol allowed

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 9 Next »