Forum

I would like to give my feedback on ETF2L

Created 4th April 2013 @ 19:54

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Quoted from Spike Himself

I don’t think that’s what happened. For as far as Reservoir and myself are aware, this team didn’t ask anything at all.

Ok so the admins must have seeded the team in a lower bracket themselves. Meaning they should not be disqualified.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Ritalin

[…]

Ok so the admins must have seeded the team in a lower bracket themselves. Meaning they should not be disqualified.

They were in the lower bracket incorrectly. That is the only thing that is relevant.

Yes, they were seeded incorrectly. I think spending 4+ hours checking at least 360 different players’ match histories should be plenty to sort out 99% of seeding related issues. Indeed, I did not check their profiles on all the american leagues, the asian one, the australian ones and all the others they may or may not have been a member of and/or have match history on. There was simply no time. If this is what you want to happen, that would mean we need close to a month’s worth of preparation for a small cup. I think the admin team has plenty of other priorities.

If the team had just contacted an admin after the seeding, to say they were incorrectly seeded, they would’ve been moved to the higher bracket, and none of this would’ve happened.

doks

E <—— TF2L
get out scrubs

Enef

fest
#wubafan

3 pages in and still no admins NAMES were mentioned as the ones who you asked to be put up a bracket.

Seem’s legit.

Maybe if you spoke to the actual admins of the cup, and not just any random admin, you might have been put in the correct place.

My guess is though that you didn’t actually want to be in the right place, you’re just mad you didn’t get anything now you got found out and are trying to cause trouble cos it’s fun.

G_G

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

No evidence of chat. No logs of chat. No asking to be moved up a bracket, oh wait, no prizes in the upper bracket was there… No questions answered. Bad attitude. I have no sympathy.

I’m with Enef. Please be quiet and go away. Thank you.

Ritalin

[d¿s]

I’m not going to say admins should check every user profile on every site, because even though they have recognisable names in their team, that would be pretty unreasonable. But I’d argue it is also unreasonable to disqualify a team for being seeded incorrectly.

No one is really to blame here. Just chalk it up to experience and play games.

Last edited by Ritalin,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Ritalin

they have recognisable names

I don’t follow the NA scene much at all, I had not heard of any of them.

Quoted from Ritalin

it is also unreasonable to disqualify a team for being seeded incorrectly

And it’s not unreasonable to have just let them play and wreck every other team in the bracket, completely ruining the intention of the cup?

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Wrecking every team in their bracket is more preferable than disqualifying a team who were seeded in that very same bracket by the admins, yes.

Last edited by Ritalin,

Trane

Quoted from Ritalin

Wrecking every team in their bracket is more preferable than disqualifying a team who were seeded in that very same bracket by the admins, yes.

That’s subjective.

Spoiling the enjoyment of the game for 6 people is worse than spoiling the enjoyment of the game for a much larger group of people?

I disagree.

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Quoted from Trane

That’s subjective.

Spoiling the enjoyment of the game for 6 people is worse than spoiling the enjoyment of the game for a much larger group of people?

I disagree.

Whose enjoyment would be spoiled if the team were correctly seeded?

Last edited by Ritalin,

Trane

Quoted from Ritalin

[…]

Whose enjoyment would be spoiled if the team were correctly seeded?

http://www.skepticalraptor.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Strawman-light.jpg

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Ritalin

Wrecking every team in their bracket is more preferable than disqualifying a team

No, it isn’t.

You are blaming me for incorrectly seeding them. I have already explained why and how that happened. Your point is clear and understood – repeating it won’t make a difference.

Yes, they were seeded incorrectly. That may or may not be considered a mistake, given the circumstances (lots of players to check versus this being a small cup aimed primarily at lower divs).

The fact remains that they were in the wrong bracket, regardless of whose fault that was.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

herpderp

DAKKA

This thread reads like an obese fat women from the south of the US complaining that the coffee she just spilled over herself is too hot and that the one server she talked too but who’se name she can’t remember, should have been able to mentally relay all the information to all of the relevant staff within the blink of an eye.

Ah freedom.

Biohazard

IDK

Quoted from Mikeikeike

[…]If you did your job in the first place, this whole thread wouldn’t even exist.
http://hadonejob.com/ DAMN IT SPIKE YOU HAD ONE JOB!

that link just dropped productiveness of my office all the way down to 0%

Good thread, agree with OP, why should team get punished for bad administration?

And Spike, he is not blaming you, but etf2l as a collective, quite rightly so too. Swallow your pride and make sure this does not happen again. I appreciate you are doing it for free, but since you are, at least try your best. If you (again collective) make mistake (everyone does, we are all humans) do not punish teams for it.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Biohazard

[…]

that link just dropped productiveness of my office all the way down to 0%

Good thread, agree with OP, why should team get punished for bad administration?

And Spike, he is not blaming you, but etf2l as a collective, quite rightly so too. Swallow your pride and make sure this does not happen again. I appreciate you are doing it for free, but since you are, at least try your best. If you (again collective) make mistake (everyone does, we are all humans) do not punish teams for it.

You misunderstand. There is no pride to swallow. The arguable mistake (which I have already admitted to – several times now) and the fact this team needed to be disqualified at the given point in time are two entirely separate entities.

They were in the wrong bracket and should therefore not be allowed to continue. That’s all there is to it.

As I said, I’d have preferred to catch them out before the first game as well, but that sadly just hasn’t happened. You can blame that on the incorrect seeding (see below), but the team could just as easily have messaged an admin about it. That would’ve taken 30 seconds and there would not have been any issues at all.

I also already explained that it had simply not been feasible/possible to catch them out before seedings (their match history -and thus ‘proof’ of their skill- is not on etf2l and, until they were reported by someone, nobody knew where their history was at all). Like I said, I could’ve gone to all the other tf2 leagues in existence to check if any cup particpant had any too high skilled history elsewhere, but then this cup probably wouldn’t have happened at all, because that would take way too much time for a small cup like this one.

As for “he is not blaming you, but etf2l as a collective” – I do take the blame, because I single handedly did the seeding for this cup. Nobody else was involved in that.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »