Forum

[Cup] Wrangler cup feedback

Created 21st March 2013 @ 20:56

Add A Reply Pages: 1

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

If you’ve played in the Wrangler cup, whether you loved it or hated it, please share your impressions in this thread!

Key areas for feedback we’re interested in the most:

* Did you have fun playing in the cup?
* Short cup, only 3 matches – good/bad?
* Was playing without the Wrangler more fun or less? Why?

Demos from the cup are especially welcome.

Last edited by emb,

Foppish

(ETF2L Donator)
Gaston
m a s o n

This cup was fun, wouldn’t mind more experimental cups to mess around with the format. (Vanilla highlander or odd maps maybe?)
The rounds certainly went quicker without the wrangler, which I kinda enjoyed. We were forced to come up with new strategics and new sentry spots, especially on pl_badwater.

Whoota

As the engineer I actually enjoyed it immensely, I was so much more mobile cause my team did not regard the sentry is the last line, but as an auxiliary, allowing me to put it far more interesting places. It also freed me to run around moving teles a bit more cause the pace of the payload is so much higher you’d need to fall back much further.

unu

Rounds were a lot faster on upward at least, on badwater we sadly couldn’t break the enemy defense on third.

Either way, was fun to experiment with but it really shows how important the wrangler is, it makes it a lot more fun and rewarding to bring down sentries with the enemy engi using it.

accless

cp_

TONS of fun playing the cup. I enjoyed the game without the wrangler more. As a team, we tried to play more around our sentry and protect the engie as well as we could as a well protected sentry seemed like the key winning strategy here. We also coordinated more since the engie couldn’t repair their sentry on their own by wrangler juggling that thing. We had body blocks going on so our engie could repair some much needed HP on the sentry. To be fair though, we are a very inexperienced team.
On the other hand, I think at least for a stopwatch format, 1 round is too little. I felt we got much more leeway going on attack first since we could adjust our holds depending on how our opponents fared to us. Simply forfeiting 3rd in favour of a heavily fortified 4th to stall just a bit longer. The fast pace was nice and we went on attack first every round

ondkaja

IKEA

we couldn’t even push past the first point even without the enemy using the wrangler!!!

Last edited by ondkaja,

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

I loved beef’s engy’s play.
With us pushing last on barnblitz he placed the sentry so he could RR pickup it when we ubered in, thus rendering our uber useless.

Felt like oldschool tf2 when pushing uber against the sentry!

alba

duplo

yeah we could barely get to the second point, i think wrangler should be a must!
Anyway didn’t really had the oppurtunity to notice if good or bad since we couldn’t break through their defence on first and they pushed out in like 1-2 minutes. Although i guess its a nice idea to ban wrangler tbh but would nice to have another chance to try it out

Last edited by alba,

taro

Cup was a lot of fun, I think the 3 matches system worked really well in this scenario.

As for the wrangler, I think the games ended up being faster paced because of the no-wrangler rule. It also promoted more creativity, not just from the engineers, but from the teams as well.

No complaints what so ever.

Would be awesome to see another one of these cups some time soon!

unu

To those of you saying you want the wrangler gone, do any of you even play engi? Engi without the wrangler makes the class even more boring than it normally is.

Dr.kaka6ka

Hello guys and thanx etf2l for the experimental cup!
My main class is engie and playing without wrangler..? well.. actually was real fun, it made me to rethink on how to play on defense without wrangler… and can you imagine.. i discovered the rescue ranger.. :) Uuuuu baby… so many wasted ubers..! So engineers think ones more.. do we need wrangler on each map? or time for rescue ranger and different game style? Make the opponents be surprised! :)

jippiedoe

I like all the comments of ‘we couldn’t even break their 1st/2nd/3rd defense’, I noticed that even in our matches some points were actually harder to push into without wranglers, I guess it’s overused right now.

I really liked it, as whoota said it was more fun even for engi’s aswell. 10/10, would play again, hope it gets banned.

pala4

Quoted from Dr.kaka6ka

Hello guys and thanx etf2l for the experimental cup!
My main class is engie and playing without wrangler..? well.. actually was real fun, it made me to rethink on how to play on defense without wrangler… and can you imagine.. i discovered the rescue ranger.. :) Uuuuu baby… so many wasted ubers..! So engineers think ones more.. do we need wrangler on each map? or time for rescue ranger and different game style? Make the opponents be surprised! :)

ye its fun when you enemy uses rocket launcher insted of direct hit to destroy your sentry ;)

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Surprisingly good fun. Hope to see another cup like this.

rottencat

PLM

No wrangler = no fun.

Waiting for Experimental Highlander Cup #5 No Spy.

Add A Reply Pages: 1